Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Disabling GM's ability to track my CT5V Blackwing

Not sure if this is obvious or has already been discussed, but if you are using the gmc or Cadillac app on your phone and your vehicle is registered on the app (I use the gmc app because I had a Yukon before I got the Blackwing and they are the same app), you can/should disable the smart driver tracking option to opt out of the data sharing on driving habits. See pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 19
No more OnStar for me as I had the tech department undo the signal to my car. The only drawback is every time I start my car I have a contact OnStar message on my screen.

No more OnStar for me as I had the tech department undo the signal to my car. The only drawback is every time I start my car I have a contact OnStar message on my screen.
They pull a fuse or what?

Not sure if this is obvious or has already been discussed, but if you are using the gmc or Cadillac app on your phone and your vehicle is registered on the app (I use the gmc app because I had a Yukon before I got the Blackwing and they are the same app), you can/should disable the smart driver tracking option to opt out of the data sharing on driving habits. See pictures:

This is not a 100% guarantee that your telematics data isn't being sold to LexisNexus. After reading about it here I verified Smart Driver is/was disabled in my phone's app. Problem is my Smart Driver settings on cadillac.com has this BS setting & message. It's been way more than 24 hours and the slider is greyed out and doesn't do anything when I click it. It looks like it's set to "ON" and my LexisNexis report is filled with current telematics data.

Website setting
Screenshot 2024-03-22 193824.png

App setting
Screenshot_20240316_101803.jpg

You can opt in or out of privacy settings with OnStar and the Smart Driver program. As far as I know, GM isn't providing your data to police or insurance w/o your permission.
This comment didn't age well...

Just buy a GPS jammer and use it in your car.

This comment didn't age well...
Not it didn't I am not in that process trying to remove my data from my profiles that were created by GM partners after my insurance went up 125/month despite no accidents in over 11 years, and no tickets since 2013.

I just "opted out" of my "On Star Smart Driver" on my cellphone app. They don't need to know my hard braking or acceleration information.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back