Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did you pay over MSRP

Did you pay over MSRP?

• 5BW Manual, Yes

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 5BW Manual, No

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • 5BW Automatic, Yes

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 5BW Automatic, No

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 4BW Manual, Yes

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 4BW Manual, No

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • 4BW Automatic, Yes

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 4BW Automatic, No

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
I placed my order in October 2021. That order is still not fulfilled.

I ended up paying quite a bit over MSRP to pick up a 5BW via auction in May 2022. The price increases of the 2023 softened the blow, but really have zero regrets.

Actually, that's an interesting point. With the change in pricing I paid only marginally more than if I had to wait for a 2023 at MSRP (order submitted May 2021 received Nov 2021)

No, you got it exactly right but, you must have chosen a righteous dealership where I obviously didn’t. Ultimately, they lost a Blackwing sale that I tried to gift them with that they didn’t earn and I still got it at MSRP.
I was in the first 200 and had to change dealerships to ensure MSRP. Some dealerships don’t recognize the gift that handing them an MSRP deal on a car that they didn’t even have to earn an allocation for is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This. Unfortunately a good number of buyers with reservation cars made assumptions that they were getting the car at MSRP (rightly so) and didn’t know about the option of transferring the reservation to another dealer that could have prevented being needlessly subjected to ADM. The reservation process taking the dealer out of the early stages is unfamiliar to the buyer as well as most dealers. Hummer EV reservations were handled in much the same way until they stopped taking reservations, at which time you can no longer switch dealerships (but can still cancel the order before a certain point and the dealer will not get the truck)

If we truly understood the unfamiliar process and didn’t mind the extra hassle of having to call other dealers to see if they were willing to take delivery and make a full MSRP profit on a $100k car gifted to them (and give written assurance of the agreed upon deal terms prior to ordering) none of us with reservations would have paid ADM.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back