Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealership V Series Certification Program

IMSA-01-fan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Cadillac added a V series certification program that only just started last Sep. This will help dealers have staff trained to work on the unique aspects of our vehicles. You can see if your dealership has it by asking them or going to Cadillac.com, find a dealership, add zip code, and from filters select V-series certified staff.

Thanks for the info! Looks like NONE of the Philly area dealerships are certified. Closest one is in Delaware.

Seems there is actually some real effort that goes into V certification. Only 2 dealers anywhere near me have it, in a region where there's a decent amount of money floating around.

Interesting...looks like the only one around me is the furthest away of course (and the one that's had a V super store for years so now I understand this more.)

So...in Florida, looks like not a single one between Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville. Does that mean I should be getting the BW serviced somewhere else?

So...in Florida, looks like not a single one between Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville. Does that mean I should be getting the BW serviced somewhere else?

My opinion would be no assuming you're taking it to a decent sized dealership. The engine in both the 4 and the 5 have been in multiple vehicles and has been around for awhile now. The car itself past the engine is nearly identical to the base model which they service all the time. Then you have specifics like body work, suspension and brakes. But it's not like these are completely different or new to any of their product lines.

Generally dealerships also have only 1 or 2 individuals who work on the top performance trim versions like a M, AMG 63, etc.

For me, that would depend on the service needed.

Hmm....are we sure this isn't a SALES certification? Just did a Google search on "cadillac v-series certified staff" and here's one of the hits which makes me think this might just be for sales: Meet Our Departments | Star Cadillac

Hmm....are we sure this isn't a SALES certification? Just did a Google search on "cadillac v-series certified staff" and here's one of the hits which makes me think this might just be for sales: Meet Our Departments | Star Cadilla
Sewell sent my sales guy, my service advisor , and their head V mechanic to get this so they all could get total info on the Blackwings.... The mechanic portion covered all the changes to Blackwing....Only one guy at Sewell works on the BW's.....This is what I was told and I have no reason not to believe them....

My Dealer appears to be V-Series Certified : )

Although, I chose them, to repair my 500mi 4BW, because they had World Class Technicians
World Class Technician
https://www.gmstc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/WorldClassTech-Summary-by-Region.pdf

For dealers that have them, you can request that only a WCT work on your car.
As good as he was, he didn't realize my PDR recorded him engaging rev-cut, during his Test Drive.
Per his audible comments, he seemed to like how smooth the transmission shifted ; )

AFAIK the work was done well, but I still hope I don't have to take my car to a dealer again anytime soon.

I
might mistaken but the certification it is referring to is a dealer training class @ Spring Mountain , Cadillac charges around 4k for this , they do the same thing with the dealer training for Corvette .

I'd sure be grateful if someone had the inside scoop on what the heck "V-certified" actually meant. Seems allocations still end up all over the place, and the assumption would be these would also be servicing dealers, so I guess it's not a big deal? Or its a new program?

I'd REALLY like if someone could snag the dealer service training materials on the Blackwings, but that likely puts someone in the bad graces of GM.

All that said, I took mine to a small dealer just outside of Trenton NJ for warranty work, (purchasing dealer too.) was pleased with their work so far. (no test drives to verify the SD card reader repair!) Coleman Cadillac if anyone is in the area.

My dealer is V certified and they don’t have any allocations yet, FWIW.

Hope I got accurate info.................yesterday was in the local GMC/Chevy/Cadillac dealer for an oil change on my 2021 Denali PU. I noticed a lack of Cadillac info and the GM just happened to be walking by. I asked if they gave up the brand and he told me they took the buy out recently offered.
He said they can no longer sell Cadillacs but are allowed to do warranty work. Asked if they were allowed to service and do warranty work on Blackwings and he said yes.

Hope I got accurate info.................yesterday was in the local GMC/Chevy/Cadillac dealer for an oil change on my 2021 Denali PU. I noticed a lack of Cadillac info and the GM just happened to be walking by. I asked if they gave up the brand and he told me they took the buy out recently offered.
He said they can no longer sell Cadillacs but are allowed to do warranty work. Asked if they were allowed to service and do warranty work on Blackwings and he said yes.
That sounds right because I asked the Chevrolet Service Department where I get work done on my ZL1 1LE if they would work on the Blackwing including warranty work and they said yes other than the free oil change.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back