Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Yo! Yeah, I’m with you there. They’re the reason that I don’t have a BW today. I’m so put off about the whole thing I don’t even want to go there for service again (I had a V3). Fuck ‘em.
I had a V2 and V3, both bought in Houston because to hell with Covert. I then bought my 5VBW in Houston because again, to hell with them.

In April of last year I went and test drove a used '22 5V BW. They sent me the window sticker, told me to come drive it. It was $92k on the sticker and after I test drove it and sat down to do paperwork/talk price, they dropped the bomb that they had added $29k on top of the price. $29k! I told them to pound sand. Sales manager gave me the whole 'well what can we do' and I told him to drop the 29k. He said HE paid over $100k for it and I told him 'that's your problem, not mine.'

They were the ONLY dealership adding an ADM to their cars within 250 miles of me. They had one with a $22k markup where everywhere else was $0-$500. Don't even get me started on their screw up with the last service I had with them on my V3. Ugh. I hate them so much.

Does this seem like a good deal? I ordered the 6MT, RRT exterior, and the SCG seats. This one has the black vented seats instead and the PDR (not planning to track it). I had asked for $69K OTD.

View attachment 23933
This is a great deal I would be all over it and I wouldn’t worry about squabbling over the $650 charge when you are getting that much off a non IMSA ‘24.

Does this seem like a good deal? I ordered the 6MT, RRT exterior, and the SCG seats. This one has the black vented seats instead and the PDR (not planning to track it). I had asked for $69K OTD.
Even with the ridiculously high doc fees and tag fees, I'd be all over that. Hope it doesn't get away from you.

I had a V2 and V3, both bought in Houston because to hell with Covert. I then bought my 5VBW in Houston because again, to hell with them.

In April of last year I went and test drove a used '22 5V BW. They sent me the window sticker, told me to come drive it. It was $92k on the sticker and after I test drove it and sat down to do paperwork/talk price, they dropped the bomb that they had added $29k on top of the price. $29k! I told them to pound sand. Sales manager gave me the whole 'well what can we do' and I told him to drop the 29k. He said HE paid over $100k for it and I told him 'that's your problem, not mine.'

They were the ONLY dealership adding an ADM to their cars within 250 miles of me. They had one with a $22k markup where everywhere else was $0-$500. Don't even get me started on their screw up with the last service I had with them on my V3. Ugh. I hate them so much.
Sounds like the dealership has the right name.

I hate them so much.

We can start the local chapter of the Covert Haters Club. I bought my ‘18 V3 outside of St. Louis (s/o to Elco Cadillac, always MSRP) at a deep discount at the end of the ‘18 MY. I really liked it a lot but the 8L90 trans concerned me after I had the flush done. It just shifted weird after that. Hard upshifts/downshifts etc. I knew the BW was coming so I sold it about 6 months into Covid.

I reached out to Covert shortly after the first run of 250 sold out. I figured it would be easy, they’re an official V Club sponsor (means nothing) and it appears they sell a ton of cars. After a few months I eventually got in touch with the manager to get updates on my order. I was told they don’t get a ton of allocations (true) but I was first on their list. I spec’ed it loaded and was told if they got an allocation, they would call me and let me know what I needed to drop due to constraints. Great.

Long story short, any allocation they got they ordered for dealer stock so they could mark them up I presume. I started to see cars trickle in on their website then a post with the new owner on their FB page a few days/weeks later. Full disclosure: they did eventually offer me their 120 edition but we never talked price and no way I was paying $150k after paying $80k for my V3 new. Even at MSRP without the Covert surcharge.

I’ll save the 5 (non-consecutive) weeks that my car was in service there for another post lol. Your car looks great, love that color. Hope to see you around town!

View attachment 23933
What’s the msrp on it? The market value selling price is throwing me off. Also, auto?

Seems like a great deal then. you’re essentially getting all the options for free.
I'm going to try to put a deposit tomorrow and then fly down. We are planning on putting it under my wife but she doesn't want to go pick it up. I'm hoping everything can be finished remotely but have never made a remote purchase.

I'm going to try to put a deposit tomorrow and then fly down. We are planning on putting it under my wife but she doesn't want to go pick it up. I'm hoping everything can be finished remotely but have never made a remote purchase.
I have. If dealer is reputable, then it's actually pretty cool and likely easier than you think.

I was told it's the Tag fee. I countered with $70.5 and salesman responded with a picture of someone interested/sitting in the car.

LOL, to his "counter". Really though, you're already getting a $6K discount, I think that's pretty good these days. The fees are nonsense, but unfortunately, SOP.

All I would suggest for your remote purchase is to get your financing approved if you are not paying cash, and a signed contract from the dealer, listing the price and all fees so that there is no "gotcha" when you arrive. They may want a deposit, and you should pay that with a credit card.

I've bought many cars remotely, including my BW, and never had an issue.

Best of luck, and congrats!

thats a great deal imo
if you're a costco member the $1k discount is still valid

I was told it's the Tag fee. I countered with $70.5 and salesman responded with a picture of someone interested/sitting in the car.
Unfortunately, the dealer fees in this state are outrageous. I have read many sources that say this state is the worst in the country to buy a car, but I think the OTD price you've been quoted is really good overall.

I was getting ready to make a bid on that car. I had to wait for my funds to become available and you beat me to it, LOL. Enjoy!

I've been on a dealer's list for 14 months now and still don't have an allocation. Any thoughts on what I should do? The nearest dealership to me is 2 hours away and the one that I was trying to buy through is about 4 hours away because they are a larger dealer and seem to get regular allocations.

I was going to hold out for a 2025, but I don't know if I'm in love with the front end enough to worry about getting the updated infotainment. I just want this to be a car I keep for a long time and I hate how the interior technology can really date cars and make them seem old when they shouldn't.

I've been on a dealer's list for 14 months now and still don't have an allocation. Any thoughts on what I should do? The nearest dealership to me is 2 hours away and the one that I was trying to buy through is about 4 hours away because they are a larger dealer and seem to get regular allocations.

I was going to hold out for a 2025, but I don't know if I'm in love with the front end enough to worry about getting the updated infotainment. I just want this to be a car I keep for a long time and I hate how the interior technology can really date cars and make them seem old when they shouldn't.
find one on cadillac.com thats specced the way you like and on the lot, go fly out and drive it home. better than waiting indefinitely

Yeah, what Dinkman said. I'm in NC, the dealers here suck if they even have inventory, they want tens of thousands over MSRP and charge stupid doc fees, ditto large dealers in the Southeast, so I bought my car from a dealer in Michigan.

I had it shipped because I didn't want to deal with the 12 hour drive, but had I known then what a wonderful, comfortable car it is, I would have flown up and driven it home.

My 18yo has volunteered to skip school, fly down, and drive the car from FL to OH.
He'd have it well broken in by the time he got home with it. ROTFLMAO.gif

Where in Ohio are you? I'm in Pataskala (just outside of Columbus).

Reactions: RKS
We can start the local chapter of the Covert Haters Club. I bought my ‘18 V3 outside of St. Louis (s/o to Elco Cadillac, always MSRP) at a deep discount at the end of the ‘18 MY. I really liked it a lot but the 8L90 trans concerned me after I had the flush done. It just shifted weird after that. Hard upshifts/downshifts etc. I knew the BW was coming so I sold it about 6 months into Covid.

I reached out to Covert shortly after the first run of 250 sold out. I figured it would be easy, they’re an official V Club sponsor (means nothing) and it appears they sell a ton of cars. After a few months I eventually got in touch with the manager to get updates on my order. I was told they don’t get a ton of allocations (true) but I was first on their list. I spec’ed it loaded and was told if they got an allocation, they would call me and let me know what I needed to drop due to constraints. Great.

Long story short, any allocation they got they ordered for dealer stock so they could mark them up I presume. I started to see cars trickle in on their website then a post with the new owner on their FB page a few days/weeks later. Full disclosure: they did eventually offer me their 120 edition but we never talked price and no way I was paying $150k after paying $80k for my V3 new. Even at MSRP without the Covert surcharge.

I’ll save the 5 (non-consecutive) weeks that my car was in service there for another post lol. Your car looks great, love that color. Hope to see you around town!
Ha! They had my '17 V in for five weeks, too! The sun shade was making a grinding noise. They put a new one in, same thing. Put another one in. Same thing. Put ANOTHER ONE in. SAME THING. They finally realized that the frame of the sunroof was damaging all the parts they threw in. Talk about throwing time and money at nothing. I really like the service advisor I work with (Michelle) but the rest of the team... wow. And thank you for the kind words on the car. I'm definitely the only blue 5BW in town, and my plate is QUESO so I'm easy to spot lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back