Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Was this on an auto or manual? I have seen autos sit on lots in my areas so dealers have no leverage there but manual sell quick and dealers still try to ask over msrp but you can usually negotiate down with them.

This particular car is an auto. Which I would prefer for my use case

This particular car is an auto. Which I would prefer for my use case
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious because I hear people getting deals on these but they all seem to be auto. I have seen manuals at msrp but not below yet.

I was surprised to see a local dealer here in Ohio, Performance Cadillac in Carroll (SE of Columbus near Lancaster) is showing 19 CT4-V Blackwings in inventory. All are $5k discount except one with $1k discount. 17 are auto, and the two manuals are probably track edition (they don't show pics for those or window sticker). But, since both manuals are $86k, and one is electric blue and the other rift, I expect it's Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta. The Watkins Glen is $5k discount, and Road Atlanta is $1k discount. The $5k is a $1k dealer discount, and a $4k Blackwing discount available through 9/5/23. They also list 4 5 BW, but they are all $10k over.

I had two GT350s and the super cheap plastic interior just got on my nerves too much. Plus the first one had a new engine at 6K miles and two AC compressors and other items done under warranty.
I've been pretty fortunate with mine. Over 6 years and 37k miles with no real issues. I love this car but it is time for something else.

Just got back from test driving that aforementioned Blackwing. Good looking car as expected, A10 is excellent. Motor was OK, pulls decently but it was obviously still within the break in period so I didn't get too crazy. The interior without the options boxes checked is unforgiveable for a car that stickers for $66k. How Cadillac didn't put the little Blackwing serial number and V button/rocker switch standard on these is insane to me. And no HUD standard when $45K Camaros have it? I personally do not care about these things and can live without all of them but I'll get absolutely bent on resale with this particular car.

Going to send them a build sheet on a 2SS 1LE and tell them either match the price and I'll take the V so I can have 4 doors or just build me a 1LE.

They had another 4 BW on the lot that didn't have the little "Blackwing" under the decklid V logo. The sales kid thought it wasn't a Blackwing (it definitely was) but I assume that one was a very early 23 build date. Point being, these cars have been sitting on the lot forever. Can't speak to other areas of the country but I don't think $6-8K off MSRP on an automatic car should be too difficult right now. And to be fair... that's what these should've been priced at anyway. A few thousand bucks more than a comparable Camaro for the sexier car with 2 extra doors. Don't buy into all the Throttle House hype video BS. This is a lightly refreshed ATS-V, nothing more nothing less

Last edited:
I think @Mirza Grebovic would have a thing or two to say about that comment. :unsure:

Can we ask him why they didn't put the LT1 (or better yet, LT2) in the car like everyone's been screaming for 😜

Seriously though, I'm not hating on it I would be very happy to own one. I'm just reporting back on the thread topic to update y'all on what these could be going for right now as I shop for my next track car

Can we ask him why they didn't put the LT1 (or better yet, LT2) in the car like everyone's been screaming for 😜

Seriously though, I'm not hating on it I would be very happy to own one. I'm just reporting back on the thread topic to update y'all on what these could be going for right now as I shop for my next track car
Yes, please do let us know if you can get one for the price of an SS 1LE.

aaron sanchez cooking GIF by Masterchef

Why go test drive a car and complain about the things it does not have for the price dealers are asking? Lots of cars out there, just go get the one you want that fits you for the price you think you can get it for.

Why go test drive a car and complain about the things it does not have for the price dealers are asking? Lots of cars out there, just go get the one you want that fits you for the price you think you can get it for.
I'm discussing Blackwing live pricing in a thread about Blackwing live pricing on a message board about Cadillac V Blackwings, so...

I realize the mob only wants to hear how these are the best cars ever made and that everyone should pay MSRP for one to validate their purchase. I'm just telling it like it is good bad or ugly. I own a V2.. absolutely amazing car. But guess what...the transmission sucks, it's a heavy pig and it gets 12mpg cruising at 40mph. We're allowed to criticize things we love because we actually care about them. If I didn't want to own one of these and didn't care about V cars I wouldn't bother talking about it, I'd move along and buy another Camaro and blow the extra 6 racks on tires and track days. Us voting with our checkbooks is how GM makes better shit in the future.

GM is well aware that there is a pricing "miscue" with these as evidenced by the $4K rebate. My argument is that it's still not enough, at least not to me

He’s stated many times why. You can use the search button if you really want to know. “Everybody” is a pretty broad term and LT motor components are a lot cheaper vs what was used, but there were several reasons it was not.

I also don’t get the pricing miscue comment. Even with a rebate the cars are still selling for more than what msrp was when they debuted.

Been asked and answered as Carguyshu noted.

He’s stated many times why. You can use the search button if you really want to know. “Everybody” is a pretty broad term and LT motor components are a lot cheaper vs what was used, but there were several reasons it was not.

I also don’t get the pricing miscue comment. Even with a rebate the cars are still selling for more than what msrp was when they debuted.
I really don't want to know, and I don't want to derail the thread with V8 vs TTV6 BS that will span for another 69 pages. I was joking when he tagged the GM engineer. I threw in an emoji dammit! Lol

..& except that they're not selling as evidenced by aforementioned rebate. There have been 3 on my local lot for months. There's a whole thread about it 6-9 threads down from this one. All I was saying is that GM has another very similar offering in the stable with MORE equipment for $11,000 less than a base spec 4BW, sticker to sticker. That's a pretty big pricing miscue if you ask me, unless 2 extra doors, newer magride and about 6 missing options recently became worth $11,000. The $4,000 rebate is a step in the right direction and an obvious admittance of "oops."

Been asked and answered as Carguyshu noted.
Noted; don't want to derail the thread. I'm sure there's a good, valid reason for it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back