Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Who/what’s stopping you?

The fact that I found a Blackwing below MSRP :)

I actually stumbled upon it looking for a 1LE. When I saw that it was marked down and basically within an earshot of the 1LE price I figured I'd give it a shot. The dealership of course was super aggressive in getting a refundable deposit to which I said fine.

Like I said, still not 100% sold on it. Even with the markdown it's $4000 more than a comparable 2SS 1LE but doesn't have a HUD, comp seats, cooled seats, etc that the 1LE does. Really it's going to come down to how badly do I want the 4 doors versus 2 and how well bolstered are the standard seats for track work.

By no means do I think the 4 V is a bad car, I'm a big fan I'm just a little lost as to how GM thinks they're worth $10K more with less equipment than a car under the same roof with all the same performance parts on it

Well, most ppl on these forums paid msrp but got exactly what they wanted - colors options etc.

So I’m not sure if paying even 5k less than msrp and getting a car which you don’t like makes sense.

Ps- what’s the original msrp on the car?

Well, most ppl on these forums paid msrp but got exactly what they wanted - colors options etc.

So I’m not sure if paying even 5k less than msrp and getting a car which you don’t like makes sense.

Ps- what’s the original msrp on the car?

There's a lot of things about it I can live with for the right price. My options are limited as I won't buy anything non American. So it's basically S650, 4V, or 1LE. I've never had a Mustang and I've always low key hated them but I will admit I kind of dig the S650. But I already know Ford dealers are going to gouge the living shit out of the Dark Horse so I've kind of ruled it out. The 4V will easily be the best daily driver of that trio of that I'm sure, I just wish there was a little more standard equipment in the top tier Cadillac for the money.

I think it stickers at just over $66K. Only options are the A10, the stupid driver assist package and some cosmetic stuff.

Looking at the photos again I'm noticing it doesn't have the rocker switch on the steering wheel or the carbon fiber bottom with the serial number. Is that stuff a specific option on Blackwings? I thought it was standard but apparently not

It definitely does not make sense haha. But there's a lot of things about it I can live with for the right price. My options are limited as I won't buy anything non American. So it's basically S650, 4V, or 1LE. I've never had a Mustang and I've always low key hated them but I will admit I kind of dig the S650. But I already know Ford dealers are going to gouge the living shit out of the Dark Horse so I've kind of ruled it out. The 4V will easily be the best daily driver of that trio of that I'm sure, I just wish there was a little more standard equipment in the top tier Cadillac for the money.

I think it stickers at just over $66K. Only options are the A10, the stupid driver assist package and some cosmetic stuff.

Looking at the photos again I'm noticing it doesn't have the rocker switch on the steering wheel or the carbon fiber bottom with the serial number. Is that stuff a specific option on Blackwings? I thought it was standard but apparently not
If you’re looking for auto only and you don’t need the back seats I would honestly go 1le. At least you ll have the v8.

The steerin wheel is an option , it also comes along with the non base seats. That car sounds really badly speced for 66k tbh.

There's a lot of things about it I can live with for the right price. My options are limited as I won't buy anything non American. So it's basically S650, 4V, or 1LE. I've never had a Mustang and I've always low key hated them but I will admit I kind of dig the S650.

FWIW, I went Blue Oval on a whim a couple of years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought a new base GT 6-speed (three pedals is mandatory for me) during the pandemic and got a killer price. It has a great exhaust sound, decent seats, good performance and a fairly good ride. Downside is the Hertz-level interior and stupid, lousy, stinkin' crappy "SYNC" infotainment system. To be fair, GM's isn't much better.

I tracked the car, and since I didn't get the performance package, I had to upgrade the brakes and found that the chassis is really not good for the track. I ended up selling it 8 months later at a profit (pandemic shortages) and never looked back. But for just tooling around town, it's really pretty good and certainly affordable.

I don't like the Camaro (wife had one) because it's like a coffin inside. Otherwise, it was a good driving car and we had no issues with it other than the horrible paint job (panels didn't match in color).

FWIW, I went Blue Oval on a whim a couple of years ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. I bought a new base GT 6-speed (three pedals is mandatory for me) during the pandemic and got a killer price. It has a great exhaust sound, decent seats, good performance and a fairly good ride. Downside is the Hertz-level interior and stupid, lousy, stinkin' crappy "SYNC" infotainment system. To be fair, GM's isn't much better.

I tracked the car, and since I didn't get the performance package, I had to upgrade the brakes and found that the chassis is really not good for the track. I ended up selling it 8 months later at a profit (pandemic shortages) and never looked back. But for just tooling around town, it's really pretty good and certainly affordable.

I don't like the Camaro (wife had one) because it's like a coffin inside. Otherwise, it was a good driving car and we had no issues with it other than the horrible paint job (panels didn't match in color).
I currently have a 2017 GT350 and am considering trading it in on a 4BW. It's been an amazing car but I'm ready for something different. I'm with you and are not a huge fan of the Camaro's.

I had two GT350s and the super cheap plastic interior just got on my nerves too much. Plus the first one had a new engine at 6K miles and two AC compressors and other items done under warranty.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Imagine the service I'd get when I actually need something from them.
I just picked up a CT4VBW from Delaware Cadillac. Car had been on their lot a bit but my salesman was great to deal with. Let me know if you're interested and I can make an introduction. It was the best dealer experience I've had in quite a long time.

I chose the wrong post, but still the right user!

I put down a deposit today on a very lightly optioned CT4-V BW with an agreed upon price of $5000 below MSRP with the $4K rebate included. I'm not 100% sold on the car though. I think its been sitting on the lot for a while which makes sense as it's probably not the hottest spec'd Blackwing. It's in a color I don't really like (white) and doesn't have the comp seats which I probably need. My plans for the car are to (hopefully) be competitive in SCCA time trials.

Ultimately, they gave me a pretty good price to trade in my 11' V which is why I'm considering making the jump.

Are dealers seriously asking over MSRP for these? I wouldn't even consider one at MSRP when there are 1LE's sitting across the lot for thousands less
Was this on an auto or manual? I have seen autos sit on lots in my areas so dealers have no leverage there but manual sell quick and dealers still try to ask over msrp but you can usually negotiate down with them.

I just picked up a CT4VBW from Delaware Cadillac. Car had been on their lot a bit but my salesman was great to deal with. Let me know if you're interested and I can make an introduction. It was the best dealer experience I've had in quite a long time.

Black with the bronze package? How much under MSRP did they let it go for?

Black with the bronze package? How much under MSRP did they let it go for?
Yep. An additional $2k+ over the $4k bonus cash. I was happy with it. Had a few more options than I really cared about but within 250 miles of South Jersey for less than $70k and one I liked from a Long Island dealer didn't seem like they wanted to sell a car. And like I said Delaware Cadillac wound up being great to work with.

Yep. An additional $2k+ over the $4k bonus cash. I was happy with it. Had a few more options than I really cared about but within 250 miles of South Jersey for less than $70k and one I liked from a Long Island dealer didn't seem like they wanted to sell a car. And like I said Delaware Cadillac wound up being great to work with.
So is that $4k bonus cash applicable to any VIN that's been designated as an old age unit? Or is it just for track edition cars?

Good stuff! I was between that and a white one they had but wasn't able to get down where I wanted at the time. Sounds like you probably landed close though

So is that $4k bonus cash applicable to any VIN that's been designated as an old age unit? Or is it just for track edition cars?
It is not limited to track edition cars.

Hey, thanks for the lead, man. I'll try to pm you for a name down there.

Delaware Cadillac looks to be about $20k over MSRP on all their 5BWs on their website. For many (myself included) that's a non-starter.

My car had bonus cash and from what I've been able to tell from looking at others, it's primarily for cars that have been on lots for a bit. Mine is not a track edition. My salesman said they have a bunch more 4BWs coming so I think they are motivated to move those. No idea about the 5BWs as I was never considering them.

No idea if my experience was normal, but I was direct with my salesman, told him how I wanted the deal structured and that's how we did it, and then I made a decision to move forward. It worked out.

It is not limited to track edition cars.
I see a 2023 available in the exact build I originally wanted. With bonus cash and a little extra push from the dealer it should be right around the price of the G87 M2 I'm waiting on... Spring Mountain tomorrow might make me want to get back into a blackwing

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back