Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Anyone in NJ had luck recently with a dealer at MSRP on a CT5 Blackwing? So far I'm 0/3 with dealers wanting a $10k, $15k, and $20k markup.

Last edited:
Not sure if this counts but my local Cadillac dealer is selling me a 4BW at MSRP, but they normally charge a markup in addition to dealer installed add-ons. I was able to negotiate it for MSRP + doc fee, and I am the first on the list for allocations. Initial deposit is $1000 and once the allocation comes and the order is submitted, they ask for another $4000 deposit. So one must be very committed to buying one, as the deposits become non-refundable when the order is submitted. Not sure if they're doing this on a case-by-case basis, however. I know they are charging markups on the 5BW, as they are the more popular car and they have several orders for them and a deposit list.

Cable-Dahmer Cadillac of Kansas City. Scott Totty was my sales guy. Tell him you know Al, who was able to get an allocation for MSRP and would like to get the same deal. If no one has ordered after me, you'd be 2nd on the list for allocations.
i was suppose to be on their waitlist from way back in 2021 and never got contacted back. at that time they had 1 person that had been one of the first 250 that got a car and that earned them another allocation that they had already wasted on an auto car that was locked in the production process. at least then they weren't optimistic they would get any further allocations. perhaps things have changed since then and they decided not to contact me.

Eddy's in Wichita, KS wants 14k over MSRP on a used 2023 blackwing with approx 2k on the clock. only options are black performance seats (mid tier sueded back) and graphite wheels. it's at least a manual, but still L O L. I kinda want to ask what ADM they're asking for the z06 they have sitting around. I need to find who their manager's drug dealer is b/c they clearly got access to the good stuff

Eddy's in Wichita, KS wants 14k over MSRP on a used 2023 blackwing with approx 2k on the clock. only options are black performance seats (mid tier sueded back) and graphite wheels. it's at least a manual, but still L O L. I kinda want to ask what ADM they're asking for the z06 they have sitting around. I need to find who their manager's drug dealer is b/c they clearly got access to the good stuff
Eddys dealer group can go fuck right off. I was looking for a manual Supra at some point and somehow ended up on their crosshairs. I told them manual only, new, and MSRP. They kept trying to push a used A91 MT on me for $77k. Crazy thing was that they weren’t even being transparent on whether the car was used or new. They were very vague about it. I found it pretty quickly with Google though. I told them I refuse to buy a used car that is still in production. They called me again the other day and I told them the same thing. New, manual Supra, MSRP. Sales guy told me that these kinds of cars will have markup. I told him I have a deposit in an MSRP dealership and I was just trying to get one sooner if I could, and would wait for MSRP instead. Or buy another car that isn’t from their dealer group.

When my 4BW finally arrives hopefully unscathed, and I take delivery, I’ll pull my deposit from the Toyota dealer. Until then, I’ll keep my eggs in multiples baskets. Just in case.

Not really sure who’s buying these cars at inflated prices in Wichita out of all places. It’s a big town but not a city, so that level of pricing just won’t fly there.

Post COVID, I’ve become familiar with which dealer groups to avoid and which ones to do business with.

My local dealer is doing 7-9k off CT4 Blackwings with automatics. Have five or six available. No connection to me.
Looks like all vehicles with those discounts are listed as dealer demos. Hope there isnt a catch behind these numbers.

Looks like all vehicles with those discounts are listed as dealer demos. Hope there isnt a catch behind these numbers.
One listed as dealer demo also states only 6 miles. Interesting. The "demo" status shows as a $7,500 discount. Maybe they just used the demo tag to list an additional discount.

One listed as dealer demo also states only 6 miles. Interesting. The "demo" status shows as a $7,500 discount. Maybe they just used the demo tag to list an additional discount.
I saw the miles in the listing as well and things were not adding up (low miles & dealer demo status on all vehicles but one). A nearby dealer has several 4BWs for 5k discount and those vehicles didnt have any additional tags on them for their discount.

This dealer is over MSRP. ;)

Attachments

• 20230515_102946.jpg
    20230515_102946.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 213
Here’s a Rift 4V BW manual $1700 below MSRP

Holloway Cadillac 4V BW 6MT Rift Portsmouth NH

Ask for Scott Taylor - he’s worked there for almost 30 years and is a straight shooter. I was second on their list for an allocation because they don’t do ADM but they are a small dealer and only get 1 - 2 allocations per year. I finally bit the bullet and went to Dustin at Sewell. The person who ordered this car backed out when it arrived in late January. Scott called to see if I was interested but I had just got my TPW, plus I wanted Midnight Steel. I noticed the other day while surfing that it’s still there with a discount off MSRP.

I just bought this CT4V BW from Covert Cadillac in Austin.

MSRP minus $2000 incentive, plus 'accessories' like tint for $500, which was already installed, so they wouldn't remove it. Not a big deal. So a total of $1500 off. Plus around $500-600 in dealer admin fees. In addition, I wasn't forced to finance through them. I brought a pre-approved check from my CU and the transaction was seamless.

The 4BW in question was missing the brake ducts that would be stored in the trunk, and they couldn't tell me if they installed it or not. I wanted to put the car up on the lift so see for myself, but they couldn't at the time. So instead, they just ordered the front brake duct kit and are having it overnighted so I can pick it up tomorrow.

Awesome dealership, super easy to work with, and very professional. Highly recommend.

I just bought this CT4V BW from Covert Cadillac in Austin.

MSRP minus $2000 incentive, plus 'accessories' like tint for $500, which was already installed, so they wouldn't remove it. Not a big deal. So a total of $1500 off. Plus around $500-600 in dealer admin fees. In addition, I wasn't forced to finance through them. I brought a pre-approved check from my CU and the transaction was seamless.

The 4BW in question was missing the brake ducts that would be stored in the trunk, and they couldn't tell me if they installed it or not. I wanted to put the car up on the lift so see for myself, but they couldn't at the time. So instead, they just ordered the front brake duct kit and are having it overnighted so I can pick it up tomorrow.

Awesome dealership, super easy to work with, and very professional. Highly recommend.
interesting. a ran into a guy at the track that had a 1LE SS that said he had been trying to order the brake ducts from the BW to put on his car, but that GM wouldn't let him order that part number separately. you go out to heartland park ever?

interesting. a ran into a guy at the track that had a 1LE SS that said he had been trying to order the brake ducts from the BW to put on his car, but that GM wouldn't let him order that part number separately. you go out to heartland park ever?

Normally every month during the season. Been there twice already this year. TNIA and NASA. I track(ed) a lightly modified Veloster N which is being sold and the 4BW replaced it. I’ve got 3 weeks to put 1500 miles in to the BW, change oil, brake fluid, rear diff fluid, get a track anlignment, and I should be there in June’s TNIA.

Normally every month during the season. Been there twice already this year. TNIA and NASA. I track(ed) a lightly modified Veloster N which is being sold and the 4BW replaced it. I’ve got 3 weeks to put 1500 miles in to the BW, change oil, brake fluid, rear diff fluid, get a track anlignment, and I should be there in June’s TNIA.
we'll need to meet up at June's event (assuming my BW doesn't shit the bed again at Ozark this weekend of BMW club at heartland next week). I have a black 5 as does my dad and I'm there for most events. I missed NASA b/c the belt blew up and the car significantly overheated and was at the dealer getting fixed

For anyone in the So Cal area... Simpson Cadillac in Buena Park sold me a 23 black 4V BW 6MT for 2k under MSRP & cut there $1800 of "aftermarket parts" (digital plate & what not) down to 800. Saw the sticker in the glove & the car once had a 10k markup + 3500 in dealer add ons. Kind of spur of the moment buy tbh. But I've been wanting one since they announced them. I just couldn't afford them back then lol. I love manual sedans!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back