Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

LOL, I have a separate account for insurance, taxes, and emergences too..... My wife keeps putting new standards on the amount in each account so I have to keep saving to make the numbers........

I stopped buys gun a long time ago, and then lost all my weapons in a tragic boat accident where they all went to the bottom of the ocean, that was a bad day!
I am questioning what you were doing on a boat with all of your firearms...

I thought maybe you were on the Titanic...
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Interesting reads with valid points^^^^. Stay within your means, whatever that may be...think outside the box when possible and apply your commitment to your decisions no matter what they are when made^^^^^Some wise folks weighing in....

I just picked up my 4vbw w/ manual trans yesterday for slightly BELOW MSRP from Valenti Cadillac in Hartford (only options were the microfiber seats and a sunroof). The original agreement was for MSRP, but they dropped the price so I would finance through them (5.39% vs 4.99% offered by my credit union). I live in the Boston area, and the dealers around here seemed to be generally selling at MSRP without any weird extras. There are 4vbw's with automatic sitting on dealer lots around here.

I visited a Sewell store for the first time yesterday, Sewell JLR in Austin. As soon as I exited my car in the service drive, someone brought me a bottle of water. Nice. They also had this sign on display. #texas

View attachment 16883
LOL, I've almost left my "heater" in my BW when I dropped it off for service.... That was before I lost all my weapons in that boat accident...

I stopped by the dealer, and he told me people from Texas are buying the Blackwings and he's shipping one out tomorrow. They still have the BW5 Anniversary Edition with VIN date 1964 and its fully loaded, of course the MSRP on it is over 150K. He also has 4 BW4's left.

Waldorf is not selling at MSRP and you will have to go in person to receive a refund on deposit per their policy (I didn't know this when I placed the deposit ugh). I had a nice drive down there this past fall to get my deposit back.

Last edited:
Here’s my MSRP short story for my CT-4V BW - I went to Dustin at Sewell after 9 months of trying to buy in the Northeast. They are not selling 5V BWs out of state but they are selling 4s. The dealers within 3 hours of me that are big enough to get allocations were all $5K-$10K over and the small dealers that would sell at MSRP only get 1 manual allocation per year and I was second in line.

The longer story is I went to Cadillac of Norwood south of Boston last March. They had several 4V BWs in stock for $10K over but said they would order at MSRP. I gave them my build and a $1K deposit. Two months later my salesman calls, says he’s leaving the dealership and hands me to a new guy. New guy confirms my order for MSRP. Two more months go by and I check in - salesman #2 has left without bothering to tell me. I’m a little annoyed but I get it - there’s a lot of turnover in the business. Salesman #3 says they will no longer order at MSRP, only $10K over. I say thank you very much, give me my deposit back which they did after a bit of wrangling. They also refused to enter my order in workbench unti they had an allocation for what that’s worth.

Blasius Cadillac in CT was next. They get a reasonable number of allocations but were $5K over. Dan Barroli there was great - very upfront and professional but they weren’t budging off the ADM. After more calling around I also put my name in at Scranton Cadillac in CT and Holloway in Portsmouth - I was #2 in line at both but they don’t get many allocations. By November I decided the shipping cost from TX was worth it and contacted Dustin. I submitted my order and was 10th in line, moved up to third by the end of Dec, and my order was accepted two weeks ago with a TPW of next week! I‘m actually happy with the delays because I wanted Midnight Steel and it came off constraint in December.

The salesman at Holloway (Scott Taylor - great guy - he’s been there over 30 years) contacted me last week after I cancelled my order there. A manual Rift/tan came in and the buyer backed out. I also noticed that Blasius is now advertising their BWs at MSRP, although that may be click bait. They have a red/tan manual with PDR and no sunroof inbound if anyone is looking for a serious track weapon.

Here’s my MSRP short story for my CT-4V BW - I went to Dustin at Sewell after 9 months of trying to buy in the Northeast. They are not selling 5V BWs out of state but they are selling 4s. The dealers within 3 hours of me that are big enough to get allocations were all $5K-$10K over and the small dealers that would sell at MSRP only get 1 manual allocation per year and I was second in line.

The longer story is I went to Cadillac of Norwood south of Boston last March. They had several 4V BWs in stock for $10K over but said they would order at MSRP. I gave them my build and a $1K deposit. Two months later my salesman calls, says he’s leaving the dealership and hands me to a new guy. New guy confirms my order for MSRP. Two more months go by and I check in - salesman #2 has left without bothering to tell me. I’m a little annoyed but I get it - there’s a lot of turnover in the business. Salesman #3 says they will no longer order at MSRP, only $10K over. I say thank you very much, give me my deposit back which they did after a bit of wrangling. They also refused to enter my order in workbench unti they had an allocation for what that’s worth.

Blasius Cadillac in CT was next. They get a reasonable number of allocations but were $5K over. Dan Barroli there was great - very upfront and professional but they weren’t budging off the ADM. After more calling around I also put my name in at Scranton Cadillac in CT and Holloway in Portsmouth - I was #2 in line at both but they don’t get many allocations. By November I decided the shipping cost from TX was worth it and contacted Dustin. I submitted my order and was 10th in line, moved up to third by the end of Dec, and my order was accepted two weeks ago with a TPW of next week! I‘m actually happy with the delays because I wanted Midnight Steel and it came off constraint in December.

The salesman at Holloway (Scott Taylor - great guy - he’s been there over 30 years) contacted me last week after I cancelled my order there. A manual Rift/tan came in and the buyer backed out. I also noticed that Blasius is now advertising their BWs at MSRP, although that may be click bait. They have a red/tan manual with PDR and no sunroof inbound if anyone is looking for a serious track weapon.
I can relate some of your story. I was # 9 on local dealers list for a 5 as of 9/21. In 12/21, with nothing happening at the local dealership, I reached out to Dustin @ Sewell after reading the tremendous praise for him and the dealership on the forum. He added me to the his CT5-V BW list, I was position 150 at the time for a 5. In March of 2022, Dustin had some 4s open up and I bought a gorgeous 6MT Shadow to tide me over (it arrived in May). I had my local deposit refunded at the same time. Dealership was super cool and immediately refunded it, they only wished they could have provided my 5 but get very few allocations. I spoke with a guy there a month ago, and to that day they had received a total of (3) CT5-V BW, one of which was a collector's edition the owner kept for himself. So they delivered a whopping 2 sold customer orders since the car has launched. Seems like my #9 position never would have come up.

In July of 2022, Dustin called me and said he had my allocation for a 2023 build. It moved quickly from there, built in August and delivered to Sewell in October. And while the unit was in transit to the dealer, in a blessing from God, an identical unit in a 2022 opened up. Absolutely everything the same as my custom order, except it included black mirror caps (which I had Dustin leave off) and the upgraded top tier carbon backed seats. I ended up saving about 4k compared to the 23 build, and got the better seats. Like I said, a blessing from God.

Both of my Sewell purchases were exemplary. Each car cost around $1000 to ship in an enclosed carrier, but for me the Sewell experience is worth much more than that. Congrats on your Midnight Steel! I recently saw a regular 5 here in Midnight Steel and love that color. In fact, if the Blackwings continue past 2024, which now seems very likely, I am going to order another in that color. Can't wait to see yours!

Hey all - I’ve been a long time reader and only recently joined. I’ve read through many pages of this thread… but it is long!! Can anyone recommend dealers in the Western US that do MSRP deals and also are able to get allocation? So far it is looking like Sewell might be my best bet although it is still a long distance from the Pacific NW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back