Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Paid MSRP when I took delivery in Dec. at Star Cadillac, Quakertown PA. Jim was great to work with. The only add on they sell is an extended warranty with optional wheel/tire protection.

I just stopped by Ed Morse Cadillac of Brandon, Fl.

- 2023 CT4V BW 6 speed no carbon fiber - $20k "appearance package"
- 2023 CT5V BW auto, full carbon fiber - $80k "appearance package"

I really wish I did not have to business with Ed Morse when my CT4V BW arrives, but they will likely be my only option.

I really wish I did not have to business with Ed Morse when my CT4V BW arrives, but they will likely be my only option.
Laughable that they are charging premium on CT4. They are available in many states now for MSRP. Why not order out of state and ship? Shipping isn’t so bad.

I've cooled down from being so livid with Thompson Cadillad in Raleigh, NC. I had called them earlier in the week and they called me on that Friday confirming I was interested in placing and order and if they had allocations. I said yes, do you have an allocation now? I get "let me check......yes, when can you come in".

I come in and meet the sales advisor. I again ask about an allocation and get the "let's go back and build it" (but no answer to my question). Of course I'm skeptical after all the discussion on this site about lack of allocations. So he fires up the website and asks if I want AWD...I point out the BW doesn't have AWD. After we build it he goes to talk to his manager and comes back with a 25k ADM and no allocation. I say it's unacceptable and won't pay anything but MSRP. He goes back, then comes back and says they can't do that. I say I'm done, and then read him the riot act about wasting my time when I asked several times about them having an allocation and how I'll make sure I note this on the BW forum. He asks if I want to speak to the manager and I said "not unless he can produce an allocation right now at MSRP". I leave and call my wife while sitting in the parking lot. During that time he leaves a voice mail saying they can do MSRP if I get silver or black (I want blue). I really thought those lame tactics were gone in 2023. Guess not. I know they offered that so they could bait and switch and add the ADM if/when the car ever got built and have a color they can sell easier when I walk.

The positive from all this is that it annoyed my wife enough that she approved me driving to the nearby BMW dealership and placing an order for an M5C (which I've been lusting after since 2019 when it looked like the V brand was dead [after they diluted the V brand to mean what was "Vsport" and before the Blackwing was announced]. They were able to trade another dealership for an allocation and my order was accepted yesterday. That was the last chance for the M5 before it's gone for a couple years and comes back with an overly complex (typical BMW) hybrid system.

The further positive is my wife said I can keep my 09 V I've had since new so I don't have to 100% give up a manual.

I plan to stay on this forum because who knows what might happen in 2024 and beyond. It will be weird to leave Cadillac behind (I've had a new 2000 STS, 2004 CTS-V, and the 09 CTS-V, plus my parent's old 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 which we put a ton of miles on). My wife's on her 2nd BMW (07 335i, 19 X5). I did all my own work on the 335 so I know how BMW can be harder or easier to work on than GM depending on the part.

Laughable that they are charging premium on CT4. They are available in many states now for MSRP. Why not order out of state and ship? Shipping isn’t so bad.
I've placed an MSRP order through Sewell Dallas but will have to deal with Ed Morse for service. Sorry, should have been clearer.

I can say that Cadillac of Bellevue (Washington State) is decidedly not doing MSRP. They do have two on the showroom floor, both black. One with everything - the "Anniversary Edition" they say, #1969. Above MSRP, they kindly add the "Bellevue Package - Nitrogen in tires, free oil recycling, single door ding, door edge guards, "Door cups" - for a cool $39,995. For your convenience, they also add Anti-theft etch for $895 and the "North West Package" (undefined) for $5,995. Total: $185,995. The second car has no carbon, MSRP of 109k. They've added their collective packages which brings the price up to 162k.

Interestingly, I was "#5 on our list" when I put a down payment to be on the list at all. I came to learn that they've had many more allocations than 5 in the last 366 days, I'm still not next, and they don't know pretty much anything - besides it'll be >MSRP (they wouldn't tell me that a year ago or any time in between - just learned this yesterday).

Uncool Cadillac of Bellevue.

Time for me to get my down payment back.

1674091276799.png
1674091292597.png

I can say that Cadillac of Bellevue (Washington State) is decidedly not doing MSRP. They do have two on the showroom floor, both black. One with everything - the "Anniversary Edition" they say, #1969. Above MSRP, they kindly add the "Bellevue Package - Nitrogen in tires, free oil recycling, single door ding, door edge guards, "Door cups" - for a cool $39,995. For your convenience, they also add Anti-theft etch for $895 and the "North West Package" (undefined) for $5,995. Total: $185,995. The second car has no carbon, MSRP of 109k. They've added their collective packages which brings the price up to 162k.

Interestingly, I was "#5 on our list" when I put a down payment to be on the list at all. I came to learn that they've had many more allocations than 5 in the last 366 days, I'm still not next, and they don't know pretty much anything - besides it'll be >MSRP (they wouldn't tell me that a year ago or any time in between - just learned this yesterday).

Time for me to get my down payment back.

View attachment 16143View attachment 16144
For 40k they will only repair 1 ding less than the size of a quarter? Talk about a deal breaker ;)

F

For $20K over, the 4BW should at least have the carbon packages! :ROFLMAO:

Dood, even Sunset Cadillac is doing MSRP on their 4BWs now. Hell, I heard even Dimmit Clearwater is doing MSRP orders for 5BWs!!!

I can honestly say that i have no interest in doing business with any of the Seattle area dealers (to include Portland area). All seemed to be extremely unknowledgeable and wanted crazy ADMs.
Shipping isn’t so bad.
I ended up finding a great dealer in SC that was ordering at MSRP. Paying roughly $2500 for enclosed shipping from SC to western WA - worth it in my opinion.

I've cooled down from being so livid with Thompson Cadillad in Raleigh, NC. I had called them earlier in the week and they called me on that Friday confirming I was interested in placing and order and if they had allocations. I said yes, do you have an allocation now? I get "let me check......yes, when can you come in".

I come in and meet the sales advisor. I again ask about an allocation and get the "let's go back and build it" (but no answer to my question). Of course I'm skeptical after all the discussion on this site about lack of allocations. So he fires up the website and asks if I want AWD...I point out the BW doesn't have AWD. After we build it he goes to talk to his manager and comes back with a 25k ADM and no allocation. I say it's unacceptable and won't pay anything but MSRP. He goes back, then comes back and says they can't do that. I say I'm done, and then read him the riot act about wasting my time when I asked several times about them having an allocation and how I'll make sure I note this on the BW forum. He asks if I want to speak to the manager and I said "not unless he can produce an allocation right now at MSRP". I leave and call my wife while sitting in the parking lot. During that time he leaves a voice mail saying they can do MSRP if I get silver or black (I want blue). I really thought those lame tactics were gone in 2023. Guess not. I know they offered that so they could bait and switch and add the ADM if/when the car ever got built and have a color they can sell easier when I walk.

The positive from all this is that it annoyed my wife enough that she approved me driving to the nearby BMW dealership and placing an order for an M5C (which I've been lusting after since 2019 when it looked like the V brand was dead [after they diluted the V brand to mean what was "Vsport" and before the Blackwing was announced]. They were able to trade another dealership for an allocation and my order was accepted yesterday. That was the last chance for the M5 before it's gone for a couple years and comes back with an overly complex (typical BMW) hybrid system.

The further positive is my wife said I can keep my 09 V I've had since new so I don't have to 100% give up a manual.

I plan to stay on this forum because who knows what might happen in 2024 and beyond. It will be weird to leave Cadillac behind (I've had a new 2000 STS, 2004 CTS-V, and the 09 CTS-V, plus my parent's old 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 which we put a ton of miles on). My wife's on her 2nd BMW (07 335i, 19 X5). I did all my own work on the 335 so I know how BMW can be harder or easier to work on than GM depending on the part.
FYI, Hendrick dealerships are all around NC, and (almost as company rule) don't sell above MSRP. I've bought probably 5 cars from different Hendrick dealers in the last 5 years, and they don't (generally) play games that the other dealers do.

Don't know if this will make people feel better or worse...

My buddy sent me this...
View attachment 16147

I responded with... at least they're including delivery🤣
In the context of 2023 and a souring economic outlook, everything about this listing seems out of touch with the reality of most folks. On the other hand, maybe it says more about the target market for the V'Lade and how I'm not it?

I'm on the list at Hendrick but pretty far down. I bought my 04 V from them with an ADM (and much regret but I was young and dumb and they were run very differently back then). In Dec/08 they were jerks again when I tried to order the 09 V. But now they seem so much better to work with (new management I assume). My parents have had good experiences with them.

Paying roughly $2500 for enclosed shipping from SC to western WA - worth it in my opinion.
What provider is this with? I need to do the same from Sewell to CA.

I gave the dealer an opportunity to secure the transport for me (and I went with their choice).

But, i had personally worked with the following as my default/backup plan:

Certified Auto Shippers, LLC
PO Box 66383
Portland, OR. 97290
Phone: 503-985-6161
email Kathy (she is great to work with) = kathy@certifiedautoshippers.com

She was awesome to work with and able to source multiple quotes, knowledgeable, and explained thoughts behind selecting a shipper. Quoted me $2700 top end and $2000 low end (and noted you want to avoid the absolute cheapest and how you can also overpay). was roughly $1700 to ship open from SC to WA.

What provider is this with? I need to do the same from Sewell to CA.
I sold a car last December and the buyer used these people to ship to California. They seemed very good.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back