Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

That white one in nanuet ny, is at the dealer I got my 5bw. They were asking 15k over for it summer to fall, then recently dropped to 6k over. Thats where they were like a week ago when I was there. I told them that msrp on auto 4bws is very commonplace now. The sales manager said if it was a 6m, would have sold fast for 75k. I said maybe, but no one's paying over msrp now, glad they changed. He did say also they got a stock 5bw order in, allocated not delivered, because no one would drop cf1/2.

calling this dealer now. I have been looking for an allocation or short waiting list with no deposit..

I don't need CF.

Not sure if this counts but my local Cadillac dealer is selling me a 4BW at MSRP, but they normally charge a markup in addition to dealer installed add-ons. I was able to negotiate it for MSRP + doc fee, and I am the first on the list for allocations. Initial deposit is $1000 and once the allocation comes and the order is submitted, they ask for another $4000 deposit. So one must be very committed to buying one, as the deposits become non-refundable when the order is submitted. Not sure if they're doing this on a case-by-case basis, however. I know they are charging markups on the 5BW, as they are the more popular car and they have several orders for them and a deposit list.

Cable-Dahmer Cadillac of Kansas City. Scott Totty was my sales guy. Tell him you know Al, who was able to get an allocation for MSRP and would like to get the same deal. If no one has ordered after me, you'd be 2nd on the list for allocations.

I picked mine up this past weekend off the lot at Jim Hudson in Columbia, SC. It was a new 2022 4BW 6sp and they had sat on it for a little while. Originally the car had a $10k markup, and then they went down to $5k for end of year, and I was able to buy on Dec. 31st for $2k under sticker.

However, all of their other 4BW's are marked up $5k over sticker still. I was also interested in another 4BW manual they had in Rift with tan interior (2023 model) and they didn't want to budge at all - the net difference between the car I got and the other one was $10k, I'll take the black one thanks...

Just got a call about a CT5 BW manual available down in FL for MSRP. Contact Constantine. Say Peter sent you. DA146466-27DD-449F-B309-D71D9E2A968D.png
0246E569-E7EB-448B-A278-2FFF764BF5A4.png

Just got a call about a CT5 BW manual available down in FL for MSRP. Contact Constantine. Say Peter sent you. View attachment 15750View attachment 15751
Sadly some douche bought the car and promptly listed it for 20k above on wholesale car club. Oddly the sales rep said the car was sitting at the lot for 3 days. Maybe people are getting pickier? Had some options I wouldn’t get.

I don't understand people's thinking on the flipping being a profitable endeavor. Factor in the sales taxes, the tax on any profit, registration, insurance, and time spent for what would amount to a few thousand dollars. There are far easier ways to make money.

I don't understand people's thinking on the flipping being a profitable endeavor. Factor in the sales taxes, the tax on any profit, registration, insurance, and time spent for what would amount to a few thousand dollars. There are far easier ways to make money.
FWIW, youll pay a [un]fair amount of tax on those far easier ways as well.. sometimes theyll even come back for more. =/

Full agreement. Most people don't realize they owe income tax on the profit. At least they don't make it hard for Sleepy Joe's new army of IRS agents to track them down by bragging about their small profits on internet forums.
profile tinder GIF

Full agreement. Most people don't realize they owe income tax on the profit. At least they don't make it hard for Sleepy Joe's new army of IRS agents to track them down by bragging about their small profits on internet forums.
profile tinder GIF
I think if I were to flip, I would just flip for another ct5 BW this u don’t have to pay double tax and you might be out registration but you get another free school!

profile tinder GIF
You either need to increase your use of tinfoil or reduce it. I'm not sure which ;)

Gold Coast Cadillac, Oakhurst, NJ.
Paid MSRP in September of 2022.

Gold Coast Cadillac, Oakhurst, NJ.
Paid MSRP in September of 2022.
They were asking $9k ADM on the 4BW as of October 22 when I called them. Delaware Cadillac got me locked in at MSRP although they're now charging $3k ADM

They were asking $9k ADM on the 4BW as of October 22 when I called them. Delaware Cadillac got me locked in at MSRP although they're now charging $3k ADM
They gave me MSRP on mine (car was sitting on the lot) in June '22. I had a similar discussion with others here at the time - seems like a total crapshoot with them, unfortunately.

They gave me MSRP on mine in June '22. I had a similar discussion with others here at the time - seems like a total crapshoot with them, unfortunately.
Yeah they were also pretty rude about it when I spoke with them. Maybe it's that NJ charm... But they were definitely marking up as of OCT22. I remember hanging up fast. All the NJ dealers were doing a mark-up or BS dealer installed package at the time.

Yeah they were also pretty rude about it when I spoke with them. Maybe it's that NJ charm... But they were definitely marking up as of OCT22. I remember hanging up fast. All the NJ dealers were doing a mark-up or BS dealer installed package at the time.
I'm numb to NJ charm. It took me all of 25 minutes to confirm MSRP and give them a deposit, they had like 5 of them sitting on the lot at the time. Maybe I just timed it right or caught the right salesman. Delivery day was similarly painless.

Who the hell knows?

I picked mine up this past weekend off the lot at Jim Hudson in Columbia, SC. It was a new 2022 4BW 6sp and they had sat on it for a little while. Originally the car had a $10k markup, and then they went down to $5k for end of year, and I was able to buy on Dec. 31st for $2k under sticker.

However, all of their other 4BW's are marked up $5k over sticker still. I was also interested in another 4BW manual they had in Rift with tan interior (2023 model) and they didn't want to budge at all - the net difference between the car I got and the other one was $10k, I'll take the black one thanks...
That's hilarious, because Jim Hudson is one of the notorious "Jim Hudson Package" markup dealers. Awesome that you got it below MSRP. Ironically, if they had sold that car more quickly (IOW...not trying to gouge with ADM) they would have probably gotten more allocations to sell more cars in the first place. (hint hint, that's why Sewell sells 3x the number of cars per capita).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back