Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

They have spent the last 70 years perfecting the death wobble. Not many other resources available for technology.

They have spent the last 70 years perfecting the death wobble.

I think Jeep owns the patent now. That's why Ford had to go IFS for the new Bronco.

People are getting Wranglers below MSRP and I heard on a forum that some lots are full of Gladiators. Jeep never had the big supply chain issues that others had. Not sure why that is.

If you order a stellantis product, you will not only not pay markup but usually get huge discounts.

See here, 10k off a TRX or 8K off a 392 Rubicon. Some places have no deposit needed to order.

But if you buy off the lot, be prepared to pay markup.

The reason is because they have a structure that basically says, the more orders a dealer gets, the more allocations they get. So it heavily rewards dealers to try to get as many orders as possible.

For GM, how many allocations you get depends on previous successful sold car numbers. Once a dealer gets an allocation they can use it to fulfill a customer order or dealer stock.

For stellantis, the ordering customers name is in the window sticker.

I think it's a better system that rewards customers and rewards dealers willing to cut a deal.

I feel like most of the parts that make up the average Jeep have been used since like 2005.. I also feel like they don't have a bunch of technology in them.. but that's definitely my bias speaking. I don't research them cause I'd never buy a FCA product (or whatever they are now)
Funny, die hard Jeepers (I hate that word) think there is too much tech in a 2005 and certainly in the new JLs.

They have spent the last 70 years perfecting the death wobble. Not many other resources available for technology.
It's inherent with solid axle vehicles. There are some cases with bone stock vehicles, but very few. Most of this occurs when suspension mods come into play. My Jeep is a 2014, lifted with D60s on 37s and haven't had anything like that occur since buying it new in 2014.

I think Jeep owns the patent now. That's why Ford had to go IFS for the new Bronco.
Suspension parts breaking like crazy over on Bronco6g. Engines blowing up. Bronco was the best thing to ever happen for Jeep sales. I'll keep my D60s thank you.

Suspension parts breaking like crazy over on Bronco6g. Engines blowing up. Bronco was the best thing to ever happen for Jeep sales. I'll keep my D60s thank you.

To be fair, it's only the 2.7 liter V6 blowing up, which is not available with sufficient pedals so who would want it anyway?

No defense on the tie rod ends, though.

As a whole, Stellantis vehicles have discounts and available inventory because they are trying to incentivize people to actually buy them.

According to the Cadillac website, there are at least 267 22MY 4BWs on-site or in transit still, with only 52 of those being manuals... So the ratio is heavily skewed towards the autos. I would definitely not go above MSRP on an auto.

Remaining 4BWs available

Also, of note, apparently most dealers think everyone wants sunroofs as most of the cars I saw had that provisioned and it's the one thing I just didn't want at all.

over 80% of the orders I have and have taken have been manuals..... I wont even order stock units of CT4-V Blackwings right now with a 10-speed...

on another note, of all Blackwing orders where the customer placed an order and then didn't move forward for any given reason. 90% were 10-speed autos....

Is that Sewell? I looked them up and they get tons of allocations.

Yeah, they probably sell at MSRP since they can do the volume while the smaller dealers want to rob someone by adding $20-$30k over.

We sell at MSRP because its the right thing to do. Sewell has not charged over MSRP on new vehicles since 1911.

The policy is company wide which includes Cadillac, Land Rover, Jaguar, Lexus, GMC, Buick, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, BMW/Mini and Mercedes.

We sell at MSRP because its the right thing to do. Sewell has not charged over MSRP on new vehicles since 1911.

The policy is company wide which includes Cadillac, Land Rover, Jaguar, Lexus, GMC, Buick, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, BMW/Mini and Mercedes.

That is nice to hear. I only have one local dealer that will sell at MSRP because it is the right thing to do but they are smaller so one allocation every couple months or so is a slow process. The rest of the dealers around town have them listed at $20-$50k over.

The Texas folks are lucky to have a dealer that has built up their business like you have done. That said, the model doesn't necessarily scale well for the rest of the country, especially for a low production vehicle with supply shortages.

over 80% of the orders I have and have taken have been manuals..... I wont even order stock units of CT4-V Blackwings right now with a 10-speed...

on another note, of all Blackwing orders where the customer placed an order and then didn't move forward for any given reason. 90% were 10-speed autos....
And on the opposite end of the competency spectrum...one of the dealers I had a deposit in with told me "We only order stock cars in white or black, and only automatic."

It is this attitude (probably pervasive) that has been skewing the overall "take rate" on manuals. 😟

And on the opposite end of the competency spectrum...one of the dealers I had a deposit in with told me "We only order stock cars in white or black, and only automatic."

It is this attitude (probably pervasive) that has been skewing the overall "take rate" on manuals. 😟
Agreed, most dealers do not cater to enthusiasts. They just default to a high optioned car in a safe color choice and the transmission that appeals to a broader audience. The part they are missing is that kind of build is for the CT4/5V buyer. The CT4/5 V Blackwing buyer is usually looking for a more entertaining driver focused build. In my area most of the Cadillac buyers represent an older demographic so maybe these dealers and inventory managers just don't know how to appeal to an enthusiast buyer.

Agreed, most dealers do not cater to enthusiasts. They just default to a high optioned car in a safe color choice and the transmission that appeals to a broader audience. The part they are missing is that kind of build is for the CT4/5V buyer. The CT4/5 V Blackwing buyer is usually looking for a more entertaining driver focused build. In my area most of the Cadillac buyers represent an older demographic so maybe these dealers and inventory managers just don't know how to appeal to an enthusiast buyer.

That shows a failure of the corporate direction to filter out into the franchises as these cars are specifically trying attract a younger demographic.

That shows a failure of the corporate direction to filter out into the franchises as these cars are specifically trying attract a younger demographic.
How many young people can afford a $120K car? Of course, I'm not sure what young means anymore, under 70 I would think these days.

How many young people can afford a $120K car? Of course, I'm not sure what young means anymore, under 70 I would think these days.
There are a lot of youngsters sitting in M3 Competitions. Based on what I see on YouTube, quite a few.

I'm a younger than average vette/Caddy buyer and just a hair shy of 50. So I'm not over the hill, but I can certainly see the top from here...lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back