Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

thanks, man looking for a good deal for a simple spec'ed one just summit white, manual, bronze wheels, black quilted seats and not seeing anything nationwide, its mostly special editions. who the hell is buying all these special editions for 90k that sit there? or they spec it to like 80k+ with the carbon packages...
A lot of the 23 special editions are about $10K off sticker.

A lot of the 23 special editions are about $10K off sticker.
was hoping to spnd maybe 70k OTD i think even with 10k off after taxes and fees you are still over 80k otd, special edition is just visual with the carbon stuff seems way overpriced i think

Reactions: RKS
was hoping to spnd maybe 70k OTD i think even with 10k off after taxes and fees you are still over 80k otd, special edition is just visual with the carbon stuff seems way overpriced i think

When I test drove the Blackwing CT4V last December, we test drove a base white one, and absolutely loved it. When we went inside to talk after the drive, my wife saw the IMSA Road Atlanta edition and said "We can buy it, but I want that one." We couldn't afford an $85k car back then (plus markups), but now we saw one for $10k off and special financing, so we are going to take a look at one next week and maybe make my wife happy lol. She gets the looks she wants, and in turn lets me buy a freaking Blackwing...we both win!

When I test drove the Blackwing CT4V last December, we test drove a base white one, and absolutely loved it. When we went inside to talk after the drive, my wife saw the IMSA Road Atlanta edition and said "We can buy it, but I want that one." We couldn't afford an $85k car back then (plus markups), but now we saw one for $10k off and special financing, so we are going to take a look at one next week and maybe make my wife happy lol. She gets the looks she wants, and in turn lets me buy a freaking Blackwing...we both win!
i mean I can afford it, but i'm cheap lol, especially since its all visual to me gives me no value. when I bought my m3 back in 2015 i got like stripper manual + sound system + dampeners and it cost me invoice + 500 and with incentives I paid less than invoice. i think total was like 65k otd

i mean I can afford it, but i'm cheap lol, especially since its all visual to me gives me no value. when I bought my m3 back in 2015 i got like stripper manual + sound system + dampeners and it cost me invoice + 500 and with incentives I paid less than invoice. i think total was like 65k otd
I'm trying to be cheap, but the color I want (Coastal Blue) only has a couple out there right now, the one that's base doesn't have the couple small things I want, and the other is $75k and won't budge on the price, so if I have to spend $75k anyways, and I can get the one with all the carbon fiber and looks that I like for the same price, I think it would be worth it. I'll still probably prefer to hold out for the Coastal Blue, but if my wife loves the IMSA edition in Rift, I'd be happy with it too.

I'm trying to be cheap, but the color I want (Coastal Blue) only has a couple out there right now, the one that's base doesn't have the couple small things I want, and the other is $75k and won't budge on the price, so if I have to spend $75k anyways, and I can get the one with all the carbon fiber and looks that I like for the same price, I think it would be worth it. I'll still probably prefer to hold out for the Coastal Blue, but if my wife loves the IMSA edition in Rift, I'd be happy with it too.
whats the price like after taxes and fees 80k ish?

I just did some numbers, and if I get more of a base model, figure $65k, I could have roughly the same payments as the $75k one, but only for 48 months instead of 72. That's making me think quite a bit.
yea, thats what I mean but if you can get it at 78k otd that doesn't sound to bad I guess

what do you guys think summit white grey wheels quilted seats and sunroof I think thats the only options it has and a bunch of bull shit tacked on items lol
Screenshot 2024-04-17 194217.png

• Curse
Reactions: RKS
what do you guys think summit white grey wheels quilted seats and sunroof I think thats the only options it has and a bunch of bull shit tacked on items lolView attachment 25360
Is that Fields? The salesman I dealt with there came off as extremely slimy. They kept raising the price until I bowed out.

So they give you a discount but make it back with absolute ridiculously priced add-ons and dealer admin charge? What a shit-show. Personally I would ask they remove all those items but tint.

We are picking ours up tomorrow or Saturday and I'll be disappointed if we pay more than MSRP OTD by combining $3k for Cadillac financing and GM Friends & Family discount.

Last edited:
Get them to discount or comp all those extras. My dealer (Sewell Dallas) put the door edge guards and handle cup protectors on my car and never said a word (and no charge). I didn't even realize it was not something somehow included until I later saw it listed on a service record.

i told them to remove it and he gave some bs excuse its aalready installed. i told him to get my closer to 70k otd so we'll see. I usually get tux mats now those mats are awesome.

...and a bunch of bull shit tacked on items lol

I used to get really upset about stuff like that and argue with them and I still do when it comes to "doc fee" which still gets my panties all up in wad...

I remember once debating the benefits of nitrogen (air is already something like 85% nitrogen already) and the dick... excuse me, sales manager said "nitrogen means that I don't have people calling me up on cold winter days complaining that their tire pressure monitor has gone off". So, I'm paying $200 extra to save you a phone call from a moron?

And doing documents is just part of the business, it still annoys me that they charge us for that. Nowadays, usually I negotiate my best price, and then they throw that on, I pull a hissy fit and when they say "we have to charge everyone the same fee, by law" then I tell them to discount the car another $500 (or whatever) and then tack it back on. Or, I'll just negotiate with purely OTD prices and try to ignore the line items.

I've bought a couple of Corvettes from MacMulkin in NH, and they (or at least they used to) proudly advertised no doc fees, period. I always used that as ammo when the excuse "everyone does it, so why can't we?" comes out, as it usually does.

Our cost sheet. I'm trying to get rid of the $1595 "Protection" package BUT I think that's a way for them to make a few bucks. We are still under MSRP and OTD so I consider it a good deal. We are probably going do $45K down to keep payments under $500.
227401b.jpeg

Last edited:
Our cost sheet. I'm trying to get rid of the $1595 "Protection" package BUT I think that's a way for them to make a few bucks. We are still under MSRP and OTD so I consider it a good deal. We are probably going do $45K down to keep payments under $500.View attachment 25375
That's awesome, if the dealer I really want to buy from would give me that deal I'd have a deposit down for it already. They said they are sticking at MSRP unfortunately. Still a $2500 discount after the paint stuff whick I think is good?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back