Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Oh no, they’re offering a standard Competition at MSRP. I haven’t even asked what they’re gonna want for the CS. I will ask for a laugh, though.

NEWBY here , first post.
Couldn’t get car from my usual dealer allocation spoken for, so I just said screw it don’t really need one, changed my mind a month ago started searching found dealer with allocation $1000 down priced @ MSRP deal in writing, be first vehicle I pay full boat!
Johnson Cadillac Budd Lake NJ.
At that time still had allocation for CT4 BL

My reservation CT5-V Blackwing is with Sewell and I never even considered anything over MSRP. It's a given with that dealership group from my experience. They treat customers fairly and we do the same in return by continuing to do business with them for the long haul.

I'm fine with MSRP on my 5BW. Only other cars I've ever paid MSRP for is a Cayman GT4 and 991.2 GT3. Both great cars and a very fair price at MSRP. I feel the same with the BW.

My reservation CT5-V Blackwing is with Sewell and I never even considered anything over MSRP. It's a given with that dealership group from my experience. They treat customers fairly and we do the same in return by continuing to do business with them for the long haul.

I'm fine with MSRP on my 5BW. Only other cars I've ever paid MSRP for is a Cayman GT4 and 991.2 GT3. Both great cars and a very fair price at MSRP. I feel the same with the BW.
My 5BW is with Sewell also and we will be paying MSRP.. Great dealership!

Damn guys, am I the only one stuck with and ass of a dealership charging ADM up to 20K ??

I doubt it, but as a matter of principle, I'd tell them to get bent and get an order in with an MSRP dealer (even if you have to go out of state) as Cadillac will likely produce enough BW's to satisfy demand. It may delay your delivery a while, but at least you wouldn't be a participant with their extortion tactics.

We've only talked MSRP and I have a firm 'Out the door' cost that doesn't include any ADM. In fact they tried a couple of different ways to apply my GMS or other incentive type of offers but nothing. So outside of the dealer fees (which I need to try to reduce by a few hundo) there isn't any ADM. But.... I also don't have the car titled in my name yet so let's hope they don't decide they need to add one before I drive it home.

I guess what bothers me the most is, I have purchased my last 4 Cadillacs with this dealership so I didn't think they would pull that with me. I check every dealer all around the area and every one of them are doing it. They all; got together and decided to do it. I haven't been able to travel out of the area for a while due to cancer treatments which I thought I was in the clear but I'll find out for sure on Thursday, I hope.

We've only talked MSRP and I have a firm 'Out the door' cost that doesn't include any ADM. In fact they tried a couple of different ways to apply my GMS or other incentive type of offers but nothing. So outside of the dealer fees (which I need to try to reduce by a few hundo) there isn't any ADM. But.... I also don't have the car titled in my name yet so let's hope they don't decide they need to add one before I drive it home.
If you figure out how to work GMS in the deal please let me know because that's how I get most of my new cars..

I truly believe this happens but, I was laughed at. We need to counteract it as consumers and refuse to accept it.
It did happen, the sales guy told me all of them got together. He didn't want to be the one to tell me about the ADM so he made the manager tell me.

I truly believe this happens but, I was laughed at. We need to counteract it as consumers and refuse to accept it.
+ pressure local and state policymakers to drop these stupid policies that protect dealers so that we as consumers, can purchase directly from the manufacturer and cut these shitty middlemen out of the loop.

+ pressure local and state policymakers to drop these stupid policies that protect dealers so that we as consumers, can purchase directly from the manufacturer and cut these shitty middlemen out of the loop.

It does kind of make you want to get a Tesla (Plaid Model S please) to just avoid the dealership BS, but luckily we have some good ones still here in Texas.

Plus, I'm not quite ready for a Tesla hence my six-speed supercharged V8 CT5-V BW. :D :D

I guess what bothers me the most is, I have purchased my last 4 Cadillacs with this dealership so I didn't think they would pull that with me. I check every dealer all around the area and every one of them are doing it. They all; got together and decided to do it. I haven't been able to travel out of the area for a while due to cancer treatments which I thought I was in the clear but I'll find out for sure on Thursday, I hope.
See if you can transfer that reservation to Sewell Cadillac?

It does kind of make you want to get a Tesla (Plaid Model S please) to just avoid the dealership BS, but luckily we have some good ones still here in Texas.

Plus, I'm not quite ready for a Tesla hence my six-speed supercharged V8 CT5-V BW. :D :D

Yeah I hear you there. I strongly considered a Model S over the blackwing. Tesla has done some really neat stuff, but they've also done some very odd stuff.

I'm fairly certain my 5bw will be the last ICE performance car I end up buying.

I got to go for a very short test ride in a Porsche Taycan S. I have literally never known acceleration like that. As much as 'purists' may not like electric, the future is electric.

Yeah I hear you there. I strongly considered a Model S over the blackwing. Tesla has done some really neat stuff, but they've also done some very odd stuff.

I'm fairly certain my 5bw will be the last ICE performance car I end up buying.

I got to go for a very short test ride in a Porsche Taycan S. I have literally never known acceleration like that. As much as 'purists' may not like electric, the future is electric.

I sold my 991.2 GT3, so I do plan to get back into another ICE Porsche GT car as they are just such fabulous machines, but I agree with you that electrics are coming fast. I test drove a Taycan 4S for about 20 miles back to my house (after selling my GT3) and the INSTANT torque hit is very addictive. Plus, it had a cool space ship whir noise when accelerating that was fed through the speakers. It felt like I was driving a car from the future.

Yep, whether we like it or not, electrics are coming and while I used to dread the day, I'm not so worried anymore with cars like the Taycan, the new Model S, and a bunch of other cool electrics coming out.

The Plaid is insane with it's acceleration. It makes the 720S, Ferrari F8, and other ridiculous fast cars look slow away from a light or on the highway. It's as close to teleportation as it gets with a vehicle nowadays that can be bought off the showroom floor. No real noise, no tire spin, no drama, just immediate and unrelenting acceleration.

All that said, I'll take my "slow" CT5V Blackwing and be happy making noise and spinning the tires into the foreseeable future. :D :D

He is in Cali. However that is a serious option too far into the game to actually happen but I would try and transfer the order aggressively just to ruffle few feathers. You would give the Sales Manager a head ache and should accomplish your goal. You did choose them as your Dealer when you preordered after all. They have no risk in the game

Last edited:
I sent a letter to GM CEO and they did call and basically told me there's nothing they can do about it because the dealership are independently owned. So I'm screwed anyway... I'm still going to get it, I just wont ever recommend them for anything at all.

It did happen, the sales guy told me all of them got together. He didn't want to be the one to tell me about the ADM so he made the manager tell me.
Wait... they straight up told you that the local dealerships all got together and colluded to fix prices? I fail to see how that's not a violation of the Sherman Act; it's basically the textbook definition. Perhaps you should drop a dime to the DOJ...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back