Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Well after talking to them, I got the same answer as before. They can't do anything about it because they are independent owners and charge what they like. They advised to check with other Dealers and I have and every one of them are doing the same thing so I'm screwed if I want still buy it. At this point, I'm going to pay them but I will never recommend or take any of my cars to them for service. I know, I'm just one person and probably doesn't mean anything to them but at least I tried.

That is so true on the price of rents on buildings. I had to move my business, I had a 5000 sq ft building and the landlord up the rent to 28K per month so I moved the business to Santa Clara and got it down to 8K per month for 5K sq ft.

Last edited:
That’s horrible for that to happen to a customer with a corporate reservation as opposed to the dealer’s allocation. If this would have happened prior to the 12th, when orders had to be input, I would have transferred the reservation to SoCal if I were you out of principal.

@Akamai58, I’m honestly not surprised considering where you live. The dealers up there are extremely greedy. Those dealers are paying a ton in rent every month too.
I guess, Silicon Valley and all but, it still sucks!

Well after talking to them, I got the same answer as before. They can't do anything about it because they are independent owners and charge what they like. They advised to check with other Dealers and I have and every one of them are doing the same thing so I'm screwed if I want still buy it. At this point, I'm going to pay them but I will never recommend or take any of my cars to them for service. I know, I'm just one person and probably doesn't mean anything to them but at least I tried.

That is so true on the price of rents on buildings. I had to move my business, I had a 5000 sq ft building and the landlord up the rent to 28K per month so I moved the business to Santa Clara and got it down to 8K per month for 5K sq ft.
Is there no way you can switch to a dealer further away and either fly to pick it up or have it shipped?

Terrible situation. Reach out to Jalopnik.com. Explain to them what is going on. They love running stories like this. They have a track record of influencing car dealerships to do the right thing.

Terrible situation. Reach out to Jalopnik.com. Explain to them what is going on. They love running stories like this. They have a track record of influencing car dealerships to do the right thing.
Great idea, public shaming!

Bought my 2015 Hellcat at MSRP by calling lots of dealers. This time was easier. Ed Morse Cadillac in Brandon FL. was willing to sell at MSRP as was Vera Cadillac in Pembroke Pines, FL.

Hey everyone, new to the board and really wish I had discovered it sooner. I (stupidly) didn't realize I dealer could charge over MSRP for a custom order, and thought that only applied to vehicles sitting on the lot. I prefer not to outright ask my dealer and bring attention to it, but I'm hoping I'm ok. Here is the fact pattern:

- I ordered through Ed Morse in Delray Beach (anyone else have experience with them?), the post above makes me hopeful as I'm assuming they're related
- The printout from order workbench shows only base price, options, total price, and destination. The amount for advertising/adjustments $0
- When I asked the dealer if I could still cancel and get my deposit, they said "Fine with us, if you walk away we can sell it for 10k more", which I took to mean they would then charge the ultimate buyer above MSRP, but not me
- Is there anything I can do at this point to move my order to another dealer? Sounds like no.

Do you guys think I'm ok? Any thoughts on how I can check without bringing this to their attention (or maybe it doesn't matter)?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
I would just ask them to confirm its MSRP and then get them to write it on the order and you can both initial/sign it. Also, i'm not sure the "fine with us" bit is accurate. if you pull your order, im not sure they automatically get to keep your allocation. Someone else here can confirm.
I saw a post on FB of a guy/dealer that had a BW/reservation car for 20k over MSRP..Don't know the story behind it but it was posted... I don't know if someone past on it and the dealer was going to keep it...

I saw a post on FB of a guy/dealer that had a BW/reservation car for 20k over MSRP..Don't know the story behind it but it was posted... I don't know if someone past on it and the dealer was going to keep it...
The original holder of the reservation and the dealer would need to be in cahoots in order to pull that off.

I would just ask them to confirm its MSRP and then get them to write it on the order and you can both initial/sign it. Also, i'm not sure the "fine with us" bit is accurate. if you pull your order, im not sure they automatically get to keep your allocation. Someone else here can confirm.
The canceled reservation would go to someone on the waitlist and not remain with the dealer. Unless, see the above scenario.

This is good to hear. Gives me a bit of leverage at least, I'm sure the dealer would rather sell at MSRP than not at all. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but it seems very short sighted to anger people willing to drop $100k+ on a car to make an extra 10 grand.

Do we think there's any shot of moving an order to another dealer at this point? Or is outright cancelation and a new reservation (that is probably unlikely to be filled) the only way to do this?

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Davel518 - I have my reservation with Autonation Cadillac of West Palm Beach. I have been committed sale at MSRP. I am not sure if anyone really knows until the day you sign, but I understand that most dealers are selling at MSRP if they got a Blackwing reservation. I think it is because the dealership did not get the reservation, we did, and then were assigned a dealer from our choice. Just my thought.

Sandstrs - this is a good data point. My dealer would look awfully bad pushing for ADM when the dealer just up the road is doing MSRP. My thinking was the same - this is my reservation, the dealer didn't source the vehicle, so there can't be ADM. They were given a gift since they happen to be close to me. Kicking myself for not finding this forum and doing better homework.

@Tall Steve do you think being a member of the V Club would have any benefit when it comes to negotiating with dealers. I've heard people being asked to pay above MSRP and Cadillac managed to talk them down or have them switch dealers. I've been considering joining the club, and trying to justify it a little.

I just saw your post that there is an invite to drive them on track to V Club members. That along with some clout when it comes to negotiation on price make it all seem worth it. The ability to say let me just reach out to so and so from Cadillac and get back to you might have the dealer reconsider. I'm one of those that have just an email that says it will be MSRP but nothing beyond that.

I’m about to sell my ‘18 V later this week. I figured this would be a good time to ask my salesman that I’m buying the BW from about any ADM. Here was his response:

Your price on the Ct5 Blackwing will be MSRP. Now we do add ceramic window tint, nitrogen fill the tires, hand painted pinstripe and clear door edge guards on all of our cars at $1395.
But as far as marking the car up over sticker, no.

We’re gonna have to chat about those extras lol. Covert Cadillac, Austin TX.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back