Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Yeah… he told me right off the bat. Thought I was lucky with only $2k, but then saw most everyone else saying they weren’t paying any.
It’s Coulter Cadillac in Tempe. Salesman told me they have a CT4 BW on the way with no claim on it yet.
I shopped Coulter in Tempe. They now want $5,000 over list, plus a $2,000 dealer add on package that includes Lo-Jack, nitrogen in the tires, glass etching and some other stuff. They WILL NOT negotiate at all.

I shopped Coulter in Tempe. They now want $5,000 over list, plus a $2,000 dealer add on package that includes Lo-Jack, nitrogen in the tires, glass etching and some other stuff. They WILL NOT negotiate at all.
My dealer said MSRP but they want to add a BS package that includes nitrogen, tint and PINSTRIPING. Could you imagine?

My dealer said MSRP but they want to add a BS package that includes nitrogen, tint and PINSTRIPING. Could you imagine?
Ha. Dealers around here do that pin-striping BS too. I'm convinced it's some sort of money laundering thing since the pin-striping company is always a separate entity (probably still owned by the dealership) and they charge a ridiculous amount.

No offense, but who does pin stripping anymore? That was big in the 70's and 80's. At least back then it was paint, then in the later years it became tape. Maybe it's me?

No offense, but who does pin stripping anymore? That was big in the 70's and 80's. At least back then it was paint, then in the later years it became tape. Maybe it's me?
A couple of years ago, I bought a Honda Civic (of all things) where the dealer had already installed REAL PAINT pin-stripes. No, I did not pay for them, or the nitrogen. Sorry, not paying an extra $1700 bucks on a $23,000 car.

Every car on my local dealers lot (and every loaner I’ve had) has pinstriping. My salesman said they add it to all of their cars. It’s crazy.

I wanna ask how much I have to pay for them NOT to add their special package with the lowest quality tint and pinstriping to my car. I swear I’d walk if they actually pulled that.

Yeah I’ve talked to my salesman several times and he knows I don’t want any of that shit.

I just placed an order with Royal Cadillac in Tucson. They are selling at list and waived their $700 dealer add on package for me.
I talked to someone there after placing my order (and not being able to change) with Coulter. Wish I could’ve gone with Royal as well. Assuming your local to Tucson here?

Actually, we're outside of Casa Grande, but building a new house outside of Oracle. Should be done be end of year...maybe. You're near Tucson right?

Actually, we're outside of Casa Grande, but building a new house outside of Oracle. Should be done be end of year...maybe. You're near Tucson right?
Currently in NW Tucson. Was trying to buy a house in Marana, just on the outskirts of town. But looks like I’m gonna have to settle for a rental for the time being.

So I pull up next to a base CTS at a light on my way home yesterday. It has the plate frame from my local dealership. Here’s the type of pinstripe they include in their extra BS package. Could you imagine picking up your new BW and seeing that?

Attachments

• FE07BEAA-581E-473A-A1AF-4069E19A2736.jpeg
    FE07BEAA-581E-473A-A1AF-4069E19A2736.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 162
So I pull up next to a base CTS at a light on my way home yesterday. It has the plate frame from my local dealership. Here’s the type of pinstripe they include in their extra BS package. Could you imagine picking up your new BW and seeing that?
That pinstripe rendition of the Cadillac logo is about on par with the botched Ecco Homo "restoration" from a few years back:
e81.jpg

Wow, that's really bad. That crest is so out of proportion.

If my dealer wasn't into High ADM's I would have bought one of the CT4 Blackwings they just got in. I was lucky enough to argue a lot to get them to lower it. They kept trying to raise it to 36k and I got it down to 10k so I bit the bullet and got my CT5. They could've had 2 car sales in one day but greed took over.

I'm really glad I didn't have to argue with my dealer. I've dealt with other ones that tack on several hundred to a thousand with that BS crap. The finance guy did try their required sales pitch for extended warranty/service/detail crap, but didn't push when I told him I wasn't interested.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back