Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers for Service in CT?

jadis192

Hi All,

I am terrified of getting service when I get my 4BW, I have heard nightmares about the dealers around me. Any thoughts?

All service. Oil changes and everything
Oil changes take like 30 minutes and you get the pleasure of doing it properly, with proper consumables (e.g. AMSOIL or Redline fluids and filters) and tools. Then you don't have to worry about marks on the vehicle or other issues. Plus the cost of the expensive consumables is largely offset by doing the labor yourself.

If you're concerned about quality and don't want to do it yourself, I'd suggest paying a good enthusiast or family friend (e.g. an engineer or someone that's going to school to become an engineer) $30 to do your oil changes, provided that you have pinch weld adapters and they have rubber jacking pads.

If you're that worried about having it done properly and you don't know anyone that's detail-oriented, let me know.

race ramps are a good investment use mine a lot owning 5 cars. I have a drive on lift but if have the choice i use the ramps for oil changes easier and quicker.

race ramps are a good investment use mine a lot owning 5 cars. I have a drive on lift but if have the choice i use the ramps for oil changes easier and quicker.

I actually disagree with that. I had about $2000 worth of Race Ramps and sold all of them except the 2-piece wheel cribs, which are a fantastic way to increase safety when used in conjunction with floor jacks. I have four problems with the ramps:

1. They take up a ton of space compared to Quickjacks.
2. You can't do any work that involves taking the wheels off.
3. Getting a car up on Race Ramps requires 2 people to be safe.
4. Ramps require a clean, flat surface (e.g. a garage floor) to prevent damage.

If you have a garage, get a lift. If you're unable to get a lift, Quickjacks are a great secondary option, because you can slide them together in the garage and drive over them. Costco has sales on them. I modified mine with PTFE skates and strong carry handles to make using and transporting them quieter and easier.

I have zero issues driving up the ramps by myself head out the window of course with manual and auto cars. Mine are one piece 56" long and stack on each other for storage
I take a jack and jack up off one ramp and only need to pump a few pumps and pull out the ramp until done, have done this changing brakes just added jackstand for extra safety.
my raceramps are a "softer" material (mabey have changed over the years) and work outside on my fine stone driveway, only issue i have had is inside on concrete when wet from washing a car they want to slide that's why i went outside that day and worked fine.

i do understand everyone has their preferred ways and i would love to try the quickjacks one day for sure.

I actually disagree with that. I had about $2000 worth of Race Ramps and sold all of them except the 2-piece wheel cribs, which are a fantastic way to increase safety when used in conjunction with floor jacks. I have four problems with the ramps:

1. They take up a ton of space compared to Quickjacks.
2. You can't do any work that involves taking the wheels off.
3. Getting a car up on Race Ramps requires 2 people to be safe.
4. Ramps require a clean, flat surface (e.g. a garage floor) to prevent damage.

If you have a garage, get a lift. If you're unable to get a lift, Quickjacks are a great secondary option, because you can slide them together in the garage and drive over them. Costco has sales on them. I modified mine with PTFE skates and strong carry handles to make using and transporting them quieter and easier.
yea, i used to have quickjack then just installed a lift. QJ are amazing and you can hang them up against a wall so they take up no space when not used

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back