Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer Tech Didnt Realize I have PDR

14 miles? WTF? I would be all over them about that.

I don't recall the mileage of your car at unloading, but the adjacent 4BW had 8 miles and the salesman bragged that he had "taken it out". :rolleyes:
I will be 'discussing' it tomorrow with them.

14 miles? WTF? I would be all over them about that.

I don't recall the mileage of your car at unloading, but the adjacent 4BW had 8 miles and the salesman bragged that he had "taken it out". :rolleyes:
....well dodged a bullet I guess on that dealer 😬

14 miles is a lot... That's almost the distance it would be to a reputable dealership, like say faulkner in trevose, from a certain jersey dealership
Oof, shots fired. Is that the same dealership in Trevose that's only seen one Blackwing, ever? :D

Last edited:
Well as an update for everyone. I went and talked to the service manger today about the issue and he said to request all future service directly through him and the car will basically get the "white glove" treatment. The entire dealership had a meeting about this not happening in the future. I will be continuing to use them for service in the future.

The entire dealership had a meeting about this not happening in the future. I will be continuing to use them for service in the future.

Nice. And thanks for the update!

What's the status of the joyriding technician?

Nice. And thanks for the update!

What's the status of the joyriding technician?
He stated that he wouldn't have actually launched the car if he had figured out how to use launch control. He's young and just had a kid. They just gave him a reprimand. I never wanted him fired, so I'm happy with their management decision. They did make it pretty clear that there will be no "discussion" about any future incidents. Anyone doing something similar will be fired on the spot.

He's young and just had a kid. They just gave him a reprimand. I never wanted him fired, so I'm happy with their management decision.

It's impressive to me how you've conducted yourself. Recognizing you were emotional and giving yourself a cooling off period. Not demanding the tech kid's head on a spike. Start to finish, you were a class act and a decent human bean.

You have my genuine respect.

A
Any performance car is at risk of abuse by others, including your own family, valet parking attendants, and certainly service centers. These incidents are very common. I'm totally over the top when it comes to my emotional attachment to my cars. With that said, I would let go of any premise that you "deserve" anything here, as its impossible to quantify any harm that was done (probably none in my view). I think its worth showing the service manager the video as that tech is a liability to the dealership (Michigan notwithstanding). I'd add too this is not the expectation of care you expect when you leave you car and until there are procedural changes, you will no longer bring your vehicle in for service. We all know service is a huge portion of dealer revenue.
My anxiety is already building and I haven’t had my first service visit yet.
Does Cadillac (or anyone else) publish rankings on their dealerships, from a service perspective? Or which have obtained ‘Master Dealer’ or ‘Dealer of the Year’?

A

My anxiety is already building and I haven’t had my first service visit yet.
Does Cadillac (or anyone else) publish rankings on their dealerships, from a service perspective? Or which have obtained ‘Master Dealer’ or ‘Dealer of the Year’?
Relax... just make sure to have a 'friendly' conversation the first time you drop off your car. I just had my 'friendly conversation privately, respectfully, & politely ... and my service rep completely agreed and understood and he also let me know in the future he would be on top of who touched/serviced my car. I will trust him on his word and move forward from there.

Teachable moment imo. People don't change unless pushed to the edge, so time to show this entitled tech that disrespecting other people's property won't be tolerated.

You shouldn't be worried if he is fired, because unless they do something drastic, he'll continue to abuse customer cars.

I agree with @Berserker that I'd feel violated. I had an Audi S4 a long time ago and a Valentine1 was stolen out of the glove compartment during a 2 week driveshaft repair. I had forgotten to take it with me when I dropped off the car, and thought it would be fine because, why not? It's an Audi dealer!

Yeah, well when I went back, they gave me the typical BS that they asked their techs and nobody had it and they would never do that.... An expensive lesson for sure. This was before social media, but would have come in handy for a negative dealer review, or on their twitter feed. Probably would have replaced it for me instead of me being our $400.

Unfortunately this is par for the course. As someone said earlier dealerships and Independent shops are having a tough time hiring people so anyone with a pulse gets a job...plus people don't want to put in the effort any more. Even highly reputable shops are having an issue...I had taken my 911 to a highly reputable shop and the work was done very well but a "junior tech" was given the job of putting the rear bumper back together, he ended up leaving the tail lights loose. Luckily they did not fall out on my drive back but I only noticed it later when tracking down a noise from the rear...it ended up marring my rear bumper a bit but was able to buff out. Again it's the little things and everyone is super stretched to do even basic QC.

I got called to the local BMW dealership to take a police report for lost/stolen property . A woman and her husband had BOTH brought their high-end BMW's in for service and were given loaner cars. Upon returning to get their cars back, they both noticed that their designer sunglasses had been "stolen" from the door pockets of their cars. The service manager asked everyone and they all denied seeing or taking them. These sunglasses were valued at "3500 $ " EACH !!!! I took the report so they could submit an insurance claim......which I believe was their scam to begin with. The techs who work at the dealership are 90% locals who are not the most trustworthy types either. The dealership has actually reported brand new cars disappearing from the lot, worth over 100k each and no video or clues about what happened. I believe the cars are now in the Dominican Republic with a different VIN # attached.

Wait! What? $3500 for sunglasses? That's a 3 followed by a 5 and then TWO zeros, then the decimal point!? Holy poop. There's two people with too much money. I hope they do good things with their spare change.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back