Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dead Pedal Removal

CBH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT5 Blackwing w/ Clutch
Why do manufacturers intentionally steal the only place in the floorboard to put your left foot away from the clutch ?

Has anyone removed it ?

I want the open space - not a "pedal" in the way. With it blocking that area, I have to put my foot under the clutch, which is far less convenient.

I want the open space - not a "pedal" in the way. With it blocking that area, I have to put my foot under the clutch, which is far less convenient.
I'm trying to picture how putting your left foot under the clutch is more comfortable than on the dead pedal. Maybe these are your shoes?

ronald mcdonald nyc GIF by ADWEEK

Would be nice..........but am I really the only person who would rather their left foot be free instead of bound by that obstacle ?

Shoes are size 8 BTW.............

The last car I had with no dead pedal was an 04 GTO. The lack of a dead pedal bugged me the whole time I owned it. A small flaw in an otherwise great car.

Would be nice..........but am I really the only person who would rather their left foot be free instead of bound by that obstacle ?

Shoes are size 8 BTW.............
Free? Bound? It’s made for sticks so that your foot doesn’t have to travel as far when activating the clutch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back