Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dark Emerald Frost 5BW "Order" Available in NY

Wow, I knew nothing about that. Great article covering the potential pitfalls of CD. Based on that and knowing my local dealers here, no way I’d risk it even in the best of times. I really like the idea of flying out and driving back with the car but it’s good to know there are some other options too, like completing the sale electronically and arranging shipping to my door.
I have a courtesy delivery requested if/when my car gets built. I am tempted to go back to regular delivery, and either drive it back 1000 miles, or have it shipped privately.

If you're going to fly somewhere to pick up the car, why not the factory?!? I've wondered before how Corvette gets around the dealer mafia rules that ensure they get their pound of flesh (plus $399 for pinstriping) to do their museum deliveries- and now I'm wondering why Caddy hasn't done something similar for the Vs. Or does museum delivery basically require you to pay off a dealer then fly out and pick up the car?

Even if you owe a vig to a dealer; if you're going to fly, seems like everyone wins if you cut out the train ride. Plus there's at least a 25% better chance the factory team will remember to pull the shipping blocks before they let you drive a way!
The museum is a "dealer."

If you're going to fly somewhere to pick up the car, why not the factory?!? I've wondered before how Corvette gets around the dealer mafia rules that ensure they get their pound of flesh (plus $399 for pinstriping) to do their museum deliveries- and now I'm wondering why Caddy hasn't done something similar for the Vs. Or does museum delivery basically require you to pay off a dealer then fly out and pick up the car?

Even if you owe a vig to a dealer; if you're going to fly, seems like everyone wins if you cut out the train ride. Plus there's at least a 25% better chance the factory team will remember to pull the shipping blocks before they let you drive a way!
With a Corvette, regardless of whether or not you select RPO R8C museum delivery, you pay the same GM destination charge for the vehicle. Museum delivery also includes other perks such as free museum entrance and tour, etc. You have to pick the car up at the museum.

The museum is a "dealer."
No it isn't. You're not ordering the car through the NCM. You still have to go through a Chevy dealer. The NCM is just doing the PDI and prepping it for you to pick up there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back