Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Backing out of 5BW order

stonecoldtx

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2019 CTS-V
Hi, All--I'm making it official . . . since I bought a 57 Chevy Panel Wagon, I have decided to abandon my order that has a TPW of 1-10-22 (this upcoming week) . . .

I ordered the car through Sewell, and since they are a great dealership, and has treated everyone well (including me), I hate to just tell them to cancel my order, if that's even possible, so I'm checking to see if someone on here would like to take my order in my place.

Here is how the order is configured:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle Specifications
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PEG: 1SV - V-Series Blackwing Trim: HGM - Leather Surfaces, Jet Black/Black
Primary Color: GRW - Rift Metallic Engine: LT4 - Engine, 6.2L Supercharged V8, AFM,
VVT
Emissions:
Transmission: MHX - Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic
Ordered Options: 5WF: LPO: Battery Protection
Package
AQ9: Seats, Front Bucket,
Performance
719: Seat Belt Color, Black
BTH: Steering Wheel, Performance
C3U: Sunroof, UltraView, Dual Pane
FE9: Federal Emissions
BTV: Adaptive Remote Start
CWM: Technology Package
HME: Lighting Package
J6P: Calipers, Gray
Q63: Wheels, 19" Alloy with
Polished/Dark Android Finish
RWL: Drivetrain, Rear-Wheel
Drive
S08: LPO: Highway Safety Kit
UKG: Automatic Parking Assist
with braking
UVZ: Front and Rear Automatic
Braking
VP1: Splitter, Base, No Charge
Y5X: Driver Awareness Plus
Package
Y61: Advanced Security
Package
Y6L: Parking Package
J6H: Brakes, Brembo High-Performance
JE2: Brake Linings, high-performance
ROF: TIRE ALL 275/35ZR19 XL (100Y)
HW4-F (FRT) 305/30ZR19 XL
RYT: LPO: Cadillac Edition First Aid Kit
TL3: Hands-Free Decklid Release
UQT: Performance Data and Video
Recorder
VK3: License Plate Bracket, Front
Y26: Navigation Package
Y5Y: Driver Assist Package
Y6F: Climate Package

Please let me know if anyone might be interested in this . . .

Kind of you to post it. Is there a reason Sewell cannot keep the order in place and take it as an inventory car? I don't imagine they would mind that.

Quite certain Sewell will find a buyer 5 min after you hang up the phone and tell them you dont want it. I would just call and cancel it. There are people on lists waiting and will scoop it up quick. Or you could just buy it and turn around and flip it and make 10k.

Quite certain Sewell will find a buyer 5 min after you hang up the phone and tell them you dont want it. I would just call and cancel it. There are people on lists waiting and will scoop it up quick. Or you could just buy it and turn around and flip it and make 10k.
My intent isn't to make money on it, and I know that Sewell won't have a problem finding a buyer, I'm simply offering the opportunity to the members of the forum to pick up the order in my place . . .

Yeah I'm pretty sure even if you have someone to take your order, they won't let you decide who gets the car when you back out.

It's nice out of courtesy to tell them that you have someone to take your place, and even nicer that you want to hook someone up, but they'll probably say thanks but we'll take it from here. On high demand cars they do that for two reasons. One, to serve the customers they have in line. Two, to make sure people aren't selling build slots.

Just call them and tell them what's up. My sense is that they'll want the car and won't let you assign it to someone else.

Seriously- if you're not planning to keep these orders, at least flip them to manuals before you go, and hold them until it can't be changed! Do your part for car culture.

The world has no need on any more slushboxes than it already has.
You are entitled to your opinion, and frankly, I'm surprised that you are not familiar enough with the order process to understand that once it reaches 2000 status, it can't be changed. Maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself.

You are entitled to your opinion, and frankly, I'm surprised that you are not familiar enough with the order process to understand that once it reaches 2000 status, it can't be changed. Maybe you need to keep your opinions to yourself.
I understand the order process, and I understand that while I sit in 1100 hell, another possible slot for me has been handed over to dealer inventory. Cadillac owns that responsibility- they could build our cars in the order they were received, instead of devoting half of each production run to Sewell and make the only way to own one of these to travel halfway across the country.

I'm trying to reach those that are on the fence. If you're not sure you're taking delivery, please for the love of all that is holy, order a manual. Because autos on Blackwings are like bowties on Holdens...

I'm just going to leave this here for a min..

Attachments

• 4807226.jpg
    4807226.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 105
I understand the order process, and I understand that while I sit in 1100 hell, another possible slot for me has been handed over to dealer inventory. Cadillac owns that responsibility- they could build our cars in the order they were received, instead of devoting half of each production run to Sewell and make the only way to own one of these to travel halfway across the country.

I'm trying to reach those that are on the fence. If you're not sure you're taking delivery, please for the love of all that is holy, order a manual. Because autos on Blackwings are like bowties on Holdens...
Again, you're entitled to your opinion, just as I am . . . when I was a kid and got my first car, it was a 64 Fairlane and came with an Automatic. I thought it should have a manual transmission, so I converted it over to a 3-speed on the floor, then later, a 4-speed.

I became extremely fast at shifting that manual, and am still faster than anybody I have ever seen, but nobody, and I do mean NOBODY is faster at shifting than an automatic transmission . . .

I ain't after the perceived macho-ism of having a manual transmission, I am all about being fast, period.

I'm just going to leave this here for a min..
Very much so. I've been very open about that and have come to wonder if Caddy is watching this board and cares very little about their customers, or they're not here and none of it matters.

I don't really care about fast; I care about fun, engagement, and oxford commas. (not sure what manuals have to do with macho- my wife's better with a clutch than I am) Am I a Luddite and a Pedant? Probably, but I'm fine with it. There are two kinds of cars in my house: daily drivers, and daily drivers. I'm not in the market for an ego-fluffing show queen. I simply want to continue to enjoy driving as long as possible while the world moves to the horror of battery-powered, self-driving, subscription platforms.

Sadly, it's looking more like that's going to require jumping to a Mustang or Challenger and accepting the limitations of a 2-door before they too are gone from this Earth. I'd like to get one more new car before manual V8s cease to exist- my current ride won't even do CarPlay!

I think we all understand and respect your passion for manuals @RupertH. That's all my son will own, and I can't count the number of cars he's had. I think he's worse than me.

That said, many of us are older and either had enough of the manuals, live in high traffic areas, or have had (or may have) injuries or surgeries that prevent us from doing the manual thing. The rate my right shoulder is going, makes me wonder about myself and my ability to "shift" in the future. The last thing I want to do is buy this car, then can't drive it due to injury or surgery

Like you, I was hoping to get a 5BW and have one of the last V8's and hopefully, the best of the best! Going into 6 months, it's frustrating. Let's all try to hang in there and respect each others builds.

Very much so. I've been very open about that and have come to wonder if Caddy is watching this board and cares very little about their customers, or they're not here and none of it matters.

I don't really care about fast; I care about fun, engagement, and oxford commas. (not sure what manuals have to do with macho- my wife's better with a clutch than I am) Am I a Luddite and a Pedant? Probably, but I'm fine with it. There are two kinds of cars in my house: daily drivers, and daily drivers. I'm not in the market for an ego-fluffing show queen. I simply want to continue to enjoy driving as long as possible while the world moves to the horror of battery-powered, self-driving, subscription platforms.

Sadly, it's looking more like that's going to require jumping to a Mustang or Challenger and accepting the limitations of a 2-door before they too are gone from this Earth. I'd like to get one more new car before manual V8s cease to exist- my current ride won't even do CarPlay!
I wasn't just pointing the finger at you but everyone on this forum as the whining and complaining is getting old as well as the manual V auto.... I can drive a manual and learned 43 years ago, but my wife cant so we got her the auto so she could enjoy it... As we all know the great @Mirza Grebovic is on this forum and I bet the rest of the V-Team know about all the chatter on here, and I know several Cadillac people are watching.... Who knows how Cadillac doles out allocations to dealers but I've been lucky to have a long history with mine so maybe that why I'm one of the lucky ones.... I would be willing to bet that Cadillac really does want to build these beautiful cars so they can make a profit and make customers for life, but we are living in crazy times and it not only effects Cadillac but everything!

Again, between the stupid shit on FB and the whining on here about the Blackwings is making me want to not sign on.....

Roast me, IDGAF!

I wasn't just pointing the finger at you but everyone on this forum as the whining and complaining is getting old as well as the manual V auto.... I can drive a manual and learned 43 years ago, but my wife cant so we got her the auto so she could enjoy it... As we all know the great @Mirza Grebovic is on this forum and I bet the rest of the V-Team know about all the chatter on here, and I know several Cadillac people are watching.... Who knows how Cadillac doles out allocations to dealers but I've been lucky to have a long history with mine so maybe that why I'm one of the lucky ones.... I would be willing to bet that Cadillac really does want to build these beautiful cars so they can make a profit and make customers for life, but we are living in crazy times and it not only effects Cadillac but everything!

Again, between the stupid shit on FB and the whining on here about the Blackwings is making me want to not sign on.....

Roast me, IDGAF!
As @Rob said, you'll sign on here and like it.. 🤣

I've never had the option to live anywhere long enough to establish a relationship with a dealer, and I've not long had the financial resources for it be a Caddy dealer even if I had. But hopefully you can see how being locked out of the club because I'm not already a member of the club would be... frustrating. Especially since they're about to officially stop accepting new members!

Also, while my personal opinion is Facebook is a cancer on society; my professional opinion is log completely out of FB/et.al., delete all apps owned by or connected to FB, and change all your passwords. Even passwords you don't think are connected to FB. Don't delete your Meta(statis) accounts, but make sure you establish access security measures and keep an eye on the email account linked to said access so you know if anyone else is trying to gain access.

GM does actually care if you die in a fiery crash caused by a failure on their part, even if their go-to solution after the fact turns out to mostly just be hire more lawyers. At a minimum, they consider the implications throughout the design, engineering, and build process- Meta(stasis) does not.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back