Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Backing out of 5BW order

If the buyer has [ or can form ] an LLC, it might be possible to purchase and title this car in the name of that LLC. With a check from the same.

I also considered selling a Sprinter Van we ordered in March and arrived in November. When discussing options with the dealer, he said we could take delivery or they would add it to inventory +15k.

As we were executing the sale, he asked if we wanted to do this in the name of any LLC.. You might ask if the same can be done here.

My 5BW manual came in last week and I also backed out. It's a beautiful car, but I unexpectedly moved way out of town since I ordered it, have a really tiny garage, wouldn't be able to track it like I wanted and frankly have lost interest in cars lately, and that really bums me out. I also got mine from Sewell, but in Houston, and they used a waiting list to find a buyer. I'm still regretting it to some degree but I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I should. Those carbon ceramic brakes looked insane though!

So, my order was set for a TPW of this week . . . Rob's update shows that it's been produced (status 3800) . . . now I am starting to question whether or not to move forward with the order and take delivery . . .

So, my order was set for a TPW of this week . . . Rob's update shows that it's been produced (status 3800) . . . now I am starting to question whether or not to move forward with the order and take delivery . . .
Why? What's got you questioning the last opportunity for 6spd, supercharged, V8?

I dunno . . . I've ordered several new cars over the last 15 years or so, and I just love taking delivery of new vehicles . . .

seems like an easy answer.. Take delivery and enjoy it until the last model year is announced.. Then trade it in for the last run of BW's.

So, my 57 arrived yesterday . . .

Attachments

• 270154994_10160078548454273_1783978584516558507_n.jpg
    270154994_10160078548454273_1783978584516558507_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 271904649_10160078548614273_9143732191787589006_n.jpg
    271904649_10160078548614273_9143732191787589006_n.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 272024840_10160078548524273_1506876604254056827_n.jpg
    272024840_10160078548524273_1506876604254056827_n.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 57_Idle.mp4
    1.3 MB
Hate to crash the party.... I just want to clarify a few things to make sure expectations are set properly......

A ) The original person listed on the order is the only person who has "rights" to the vehicle. There will be reasonable exceptions made. ie spouse...

B ) If the ordering customer has chosen not to take delivery, all rights to their "spot in line," allocation and/or the vehicle are forfeited. A customer cannot sell or give away their position in line or the rights to purchase the vehicle. In order for the process to play out as fairly as possible to the benefit of our customer's, the following will happen.
  1. If the order is still 1100 Status
    1. The order is just canceled, everyone behind that order moves up one place in line.
  2. If the order is 3000+ Status, the order can no longer be canceled and this is the typical process.
    1. The vehicle will be offered to our customers who's order has not yet been accepted for production, in the order that the orders were received.
    2. In the case no one would like the vehicle that is on the wait list, it may first be offered exclusively to Cadillac V Club members and if its still not claimed, it will then be added to normal stock and available to anyone.
While I do see where OP was coming from and just trying to help out others on the forum, I just want to be clear that in the event a vehicle becomes available, our priority will be to help our customers who have been waiting patiently, not allowing another person to jump ahead of them..... Again, I realize that wasn't the intent of the OP and he was only trying to help others here.

If anyone here would like to add their name to the waitlist, in the event no existing customers decide to purchase, I would be happy to take your information.

Hate to crash the party.... I just want to clarify a few things to make sure expectations are set properly......

A ) The original person listed on the order is the only person who has "rights" to the vehicle. There will be reasonable exceptions made. ie spouse...

B ) If the ordering customer has chosen not to take delivery, all rights to their "spot in line," allocation and/or the vehicle are forfeited. A customer cannot sell or give away their position in line or the rights to purchase the vehicle. In order for the process to play out as fairly as possible to the benefit of our customer's, the following will happen.
  1. If the order is still 1100 Status
    1. The order is just canceled, everyone behind that order moves up one place in line.
  2. If the order is 3000+ Status, the order can no longer be canceled and this is the typical process.
    1. The vehicle will be offered to our customers who's order has not yet been accepted for production, in the order that the orders were received.
    2. In the case no one would like the vehicle that is on the wait list, it may first be offered exclusively to Cadillac V Club members and if its still not claimed, it will then be added to normal stock and available to anyone.
While I do see where OP was coming from and just trying to help out others on the forum, I just want to be clear that in the event a vehicle becomes available, our priority will be to help our customers who have been waiting patiently, not allowing another person to jump ahead of them..... Again, I realize that wasn't the intent of the OP and he was only trying to help others here.

If anyone here would like to add their name to the waitlist, in the event no existing customers decide to purchase, I would be happy to take your information.
This ^^^^^^^^ just makes sense.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners