Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dark Emerald Frost 5BW "Order" Available in NY

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
The dealer I purchased my 5BW from has secured an order for an Emerald Frost CT5-BW and it is available. MSRP + $5k ADM. Other stipulations, as conveyed to me by salesperson, are that you must take delivery thru them and finance thru them. Don't shoot the messenger. These rules didn't apply to my purchase, but I have one of the reservation 5BWs and I had gotten agreement on MSRP and no financing requirement at the time of my order. Not sure if they have some flexibility on this one. If interested, contact Danny ( dbrendler@contecadillac.com )

Build as follows:

Body Style:6DF79-CT5 V-Series Blackwing
PEG:1SV
Primary Color:G7W-Dark Emerald Frost
Trim:HEA-Leather, Sueded, Jet Black/Black
Engine:LT4
Transmission:MHX-Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic
Options:
53S-Steering Wheel sueded micorfiber
C3U-Sunroof, UltraView, Dual Pane
CFV-Carbon Fiber 2 Package
CFZ-Carbon Fiber 1 Package
G7W-Dark Emerald Frost
HEA-Leather, Sueded, Jet Black/Black
MHX-Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic
NE1-Emissions: CT/DE/MA/MD/ME/NJ/NY
PDH-LPO: Interior Protection Package
RHL-Wheels, 19" ALUMINUM with Tech Bronze Finish
VAV-LPO: All Weather Floor Mats
VK3-License Plate Bracket, Front
VLI-LPO: All Weather Cargo Mat
Y5Y-Driver Assist Package
Y6L-Parking Package

The dealer I purchased my 5BW from has secured an order for an Emerald Frost CT5-BW and it is available. MSRP + $5k ADM. Other stipulations, as conveyed to me by salesperson, are that you must take delivery thru them and finance thru them. Don't shoot the messenger. These rules didn't apply to my purchase, but I have one of the reservation 5BWs and I had gotten agreement on MSRP and no financing requirement at the time of my order. Not sure if they have some flexibility on this one. If interested, contact Danny ( dbrendler@contecadillac.com )

Build as follows:

Options:
G7W-Dark Emerald Frost
Y6L-Parking Package
5k pretty reasonable. Cant fault them for that.

The slushbox on the other hand...

Build as follows:

Options:
G7W-Dark Emerald Frost
Y6L-Parking Package
They're pulling out all the stops. They're getting 100% MSRP plus all the holdback, plus $5,000, plus the PDI money from GM, plus a kickback on the financing. :thumb

They're pulling out all the stops. They're getting 100% MSRP plus all the holdback, plus $5,000, plus the PDI money from GM, plus a kickback on the financing. :thumb
But @Rob , you are completely ignoring the upside to the buyer. Free cake!!!!!! 🍰 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Rob
But @Rob , you are completely ignoring the upside to the buyer. Free cake!!!!!! 🍰 🤣

I have a sweet tooth, put a piece of cake in front of me and I can get into trouble 😂

Hmm. I emailed with Danny earlier and he said as long you pick up the car from here, you'll be good.

I’d rather order it from Sewell at MSRP and have it shipped than pay the ADM.
Sewell will ship it to you?? Like to your house? What's something like that cost? Does the buyer have to go out there to at least accept the car and close the sale?

If I get hosed on my deal I may just go through them if the logistics all work. My trade is a sticking point, but I can just sell to Carvana if Sewell will ship direct to me...

Sewell will ship it to you?? Like to your house? What's something like that cost? Does the buyer have to go out there to at least accept the car and close the sale?

If I get hosed on my deal I may just go through them if the logistics all work. My trade is a sticking point, but I can just sell to Carvana if Sewell will ship direct to me...
Dealers can do point to point shipping, or you can arrange private party. The hard part is getting an allocation. I’m sure Sewell has a long list of orders given that every other dealer is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

hell, I’d pay for a one way flight and drive the 20 hours to Ohio before I paid ADM.

I bought my V3 1000 mi from home. The paperwork was overnighted to me, I signed the docs at my kitchen table and they shipped the car to me. I got 15k off sticker and they paid for the shipping. The good old days.

I bought my V3 1000 mi from home. The paperwork was overnighted to me, I signed the docs at my kitchen table and they shipped the car to me. I got 15k off sticker and they paid for the shipping. The good old days.
That was a V3 though. Not a limited production Blackwing in high demand in these times.

It's called a Courtesy Delivery and it doesn't come without potential headaches:

That was a V3 though. Not a limited production Blackwing in high demand in these times.
Oh sure, that’s why I said it was the good old days. My point though was it wouldn’t kill the dealer to pay the 5-$600 for shipping for a little goodwill and maybe another sale down the road. I called these guys first when I wanted to order my BW but they couldn’t help me Maybe they just didn’t want to deal with me again lol.

It's called a Courtesy Delivery and it doesn't come without potential headaches:

Wow, I knew nothing about that. Great article covering the potential pitfalls of CD. Based on that and knowing my local dealers here, no way I’d risk it even in the best of times. I really like the idea of flying out and driving back with the car but it’s good to know there are some other options too, like completing the sale electronically and arranging shipping to my door.

If you're going to fly somewhere to pick up the car, why not the factory?!? I've wondered before how Corvette gets around the dealer mafia rules that ensure they get their pound of flesh (plus $399 for pinstriping) to do their museum deliveries- and now I'm wondering why Caddy hasn't done something similar for the Vs. Or does museum delivery basically require you to pay off a dealer then fly out and pick up the car?

Even if you owe a vig to a dealer; if you're going to fly, seems like everyone wins if you cut out the train ride. Plus there's at least a 25% better chance the factory team will remember to pull the shipping blocks before they let you drive a way!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back