Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Damage to CF lip

CT5-V Model
Just as an update since piece is missing and there is a slight crack above it would mean removing relaying carbon fiber which will be cost prohibitive. If and when my new lip gets here I will remove this and have the body shop fill it and paint it gloss black. in the meantime I put some vinyl tape along the edges to hide but I know my eyes will always be drawn to it unfortunately. I also put film on the side markers while I was at it 😁.

View attachment 16181View attachment 16182View attachment 16183
I know what you mean just got a new chip on the paint and I'm looking at it every time I get in the BW hoping its fixed!.... Itself!

Just as an update since a piece is missing and there is a slight crack above it would mean removing and relaying carbon fiber which will be cost prohibitive. If and when my new lip gets here I will remove this and have the body shop fill it and paint it gloss black. in the meantime I put some vinyl tape along the edges to hide but I know my eyes will always be drawn to it unfortunately. I also put film on the side markers while I was at it 😁.

View attachment 16181View attachment 16182View attachment 16183
If you decide to part with it instead of repair and paint I would be interested buyer as I'm not going CF on mine and would do same meaning repair and paint black

Instead of the CF version, anyone know of a plastic version that is the same size? Thinking it might be tougher and cheaper.

Cheaper for sure. And available, not on hold. Good folks will weigh in that found it. Stay tuned.

Instead of the CF version, anyone know of a plastic version that is the same size? Thinking it might be tougher and cheaper.
Been looking for a while. There is a few versions out there but none that are OEM copy with wheel well spats. A few even sell support rods for their versions, like anyone would drill to mount them 🤨

Yea, nothing good out there for the 5bw yet, that's why I'd consider a damaged oem cf one to fix and paint black

Quick look around NJ and found this...bike shop who deals with CF would be your cheapest option vs going to a body shop.

Damn, I need a new front lip and left dive plane after the front of my car was hit Dec 15th. I have a CT4 though. I was at the body shop today since they just got it torn down (almost 7 weeks), and I asked if they knew of any parts that were going to be difficult to get. He did not have any notes about the CF being delayed but I am not getting my hopes up. He said the intercooler and grill look to be the hold-up if there is one. I am really hoping it will not be a several-month wait, but I should know more tomorrow. The bottom lip is actually still intact, just scratched to hell. I am going to try to keep it if they did not already pitch it or keep it themselves lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1143 (1).jpg
    IMG_1143 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
This thread is making happy that I did not order the CF packages. I just used 3M carbon fiber wrap where I could. If your car is out of service for an extended period, call your insurance company and cancel/suspend your collision part of the premium. It will save you a few hundred dollars on your policy. I do it every winter when I put my rides away for the winter months.

This thread is making happy that I did not order the CF packages. I just used 3M carbon fiber wrap where I could. If your car is out of service for an extended period, call your insurance company and cancel/suspend your collision part of the premium. It will save you a few hundred dollars on your policy. I do it every winter when I put my rides away for the winter months.
Didn’t think to cancel the collision portion. Hopefully only have one more month left… I’m glad I got the carbon. I absolutely love the look of it on the 4s. It is a pain to worry about though.

I have USAA and they will even back date to when the car was taken off the road and issue a credit .
I too "love the look of carbon"....but only paid $800 for the 3M wrap and I don't worry about scraping it up.

Attachments

• 20220719_184758.jpg
    20220719_184758.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
I have USAA and they will even back date to when the car was taken off the road and issue a credit .
I too "love the look of carbon"....but only paid $800 for the 3M wrap and I don't worry about scraping it up.
Yeah it looks good! I think the carbon packages make such a big difference on the look of the 4s. Idk if I would care as much to have them if I had a 5.

Yeah it looks good! I think the carbon packages make such a big difference on the look of the 4s. Idk if I would care as much to have them if I had a 5.
Not having CF makes the 5 look alot more boring. Its bad enough that the design is so watered down compared to the V3.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back