Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Custom Programming?

mkyledoyle

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
I just got a CT4 V Blackwing. I came from years of Audi's. Most recently an RS5. In the Audi world there is a cable and software called VCDS that allows you to do a lot of things. One of the things is to be able to customize some 9f the functions of the car. Such as the way the DRL's work, the way the turn signals work, remote control of the Windows and sunroof, etc. Is there anything like that for the Blackwing? I'd like to leave the rev matching on for example.

Used to be up until very recently, there was a huge aftermarket for GM's performance cars including Cadillac Vs. However, with GM's move to encrypt the network with their latest products, it has gotten much more difficult and there are very few options. Seeing the same coming from all makes as they lock down controls from online bad actors prior to full autonomy. I think the aftermarket mod business is facing a steep decline.

Used to be up until very recently, there was a huge aftermarket for GM's performance cars including Cadillac Vs. However, with GM's move to encrypt the network with their latest products, it has gotten much more difficult and there are very few options. Seeing the same coming from all makes as they lock down controls from online bad actors prior to full autonomy. I think the aftermarket mod business is facing a steep decline.

Well that fucking blows. What's the point of being a car enthusiast nowadays?

I’ve finally burnt out on modding vehicles with my S4 and Jeep being the last to undergo major mods. All the associated overhead and problems down the line, just rather spend my time doing other things these days. I spent 3 hours on Friday trying to debug a ground loop issue on my Jeep and still not done.

That being said I did have a laser jammer installed in my 5BW right after I received her. Going to keep her stock and just enjoy what I have, a fantastic car out of the box.

I'd love to re-map the drive-by-wire so the engine would actually receive the amount my right foot told it........but I've resolved that is way to complicated and expensive for the aforementioned reasons. It's still a blast to drive. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back