Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V Blackwing Options for resale value

jdpeake

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
After so many years of wanting a performance vehicle I’m finally getting one. My 5 will only see the sun and lots of it. Curious what everyone’s thoughts would be on options that would be most desirable (hold value) for a sale down the road. Colors to be included.

The manual will definitely be rare/hold value. Most other options don't generally hold value unless they are something that people feel they cannot live without.....I can't think of any offhand, since the 5 is pretty well loaded in stock form, perhaps one of the 5 buyers can chime in for that. Personally, I feel like certain colors, like the two exclusive colors and maybe the infrared tintcoat, will hold value as well, but the prevailing wisdom is usually that "safe" colors like black and grey hold value better.

The options which are not currently available, the Dark Emerald Matte paint and the gold magnesium wheels, could prove valuable in the future should they ever actually become available.

Reactions: Rob
As far as the V3 goes, people always want the carbon package and Recaros. Mine has neither but my BW will have all the carbon available (seats included). I didn't get it on my V3 bc I think it looks better without it but I know it would be more desirable if I did.

The manual will definitely be rare/hold value. Most other options don't generally hold value unless they are something that people feel they cannot live without.....I can't think of any offhand, since the 5 is pretty well loaded in stock form, perhaps one of the 5 buyers can chime in for that. Personally, I feel like certain colors, like the two exclusive colors and maybe the infrared tintcoat, will hold value as well, but the prevailing wisdom is usually that "safe" colors like black and grey hold value better.
Which two colors are exclusive, I know the matte green is one, what's the other?

For the V3, the Recaros and carbon fiber package seem to be the options that boosted it up the most.

I will second and third most of what's been said here already. I have a V3 with the carbon and recaros...honestly the only thing that would add more value to it would be the vector blue paint because it was very limited. Besides that I think the 5 is going to be pretty common in infrared tint coat, shadow metallic, black raven, and summit white. pick and choose your color wisely if you plan to resell the car in the future. I would add the PDR as well, if some one wants to track the car they will want that feature. I don't think it will add value but I think it will broaden your range of potential buyers. cheers!

Good information. Figured seasoned owners would know best!

I will second and third most of what's been said here already. I have a V3 with the carbon and recaros...honestly the only thing that would add more value to it would be the vector blue paint because it was very limited. Besides that I think the 5 is going to be pretty common in infrared tint coat, shadow metallic, black raven, and summit white. pick and choose your color wisely if you plan to resell the car in the future. I would add the PDR as well, if some one wants to track the car they will want that feature. I don't think it will add value but I think it will broaden your range of potential buyers. cheers!
I chose the infrared tintcoat on my 5 because I thought it would be a "safe" color if and when I sell it. I also pretty much loaded it out with the exception of the carbon brakes. Oh, and manual..

Last edited:
I think upgraded interior CF seat backs, manual, CF1 and 2 Packages and Carbon Ceramic Brakes mostly. Just my 2 cents.

As mine is ordered it’s the manual, mid level jet black seat upgrade, carbon 1, satin wheels,red calipers and red seat belts along with some other minor options. Car in black. Couldn’t justify the carbon 2 but believe the carbon splitter a spoiler will be both useful and valuable. Also read something about ceramic brakes and replacement cost well over 5,000 so they didnt make the order. Overall thought was creating a timeless vehicle.

To be honest...I think everyone may want to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

I don't think options or color are going to be a huge factor on resale value. I think that limited production for maybe a year or two before Cadillac really starts to push to an all electric platform, will collectively define resale value of these Blackwings.

Just my assumption, but I predict they'll hold their value remarkably well.

To be honest...I think everyone may want to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

I don't think options or color are going to be a huge factor on resale value. I think that limited production for maybe a year or two before Cadillac really starts to push to an all electric platform, will collectively define resale value of these Blackwings.

Just my assumption, but I predict they'll hold their value remarkably well.
thats a very valid point as well @Rob hahaha

If you're picking options for resale you're doing it wrong. <Insert joke about your girlfriend's resale value>

Except the manual- if your only reason for buying a manual is resale, buy the manual. The resale will be higher, and you should care about that. Otherwise, buy the manual.

Also, only buy manuals.

If you're picking options for resale you're doing it wrong. <Insert joke about your girlfriend's resale value>

Except the manual- if your only reason for buying a manual is resale, buy the manual. The resale will be higher, and you should care about that. Otherwise, buy the manual.

Also, only buy manuals.
PREACH IT!!! :_rock

Also, only buy manuals.
Let me see if I understand you, your saying I should get the manual? I sure hope so because I got the manual.....Oh, my wife is worth so much more now after 38 years that I would not trade her, :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back