Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V BW Monochrome emblem

With the front badge...any issue with the camera up front?
Mine is manual there are no censors in the emblem, if you are talking about the front mounted camera, then no the front badge does not affect that at all. I was able to just stick my finger into the grill and push one of the plastic tabs down on the original emblem and then was able to pull it off. Surprisingly nothing broke on original. The black one just snapped in.

Mine is manual there are no censors in the emblem, if you are talking about the front mounted camera, then no the front badge does not affect that at all. I was able to just stick my finger into the grill and push one of the plastic tabs down on the original emblem and then was able to pull it off. Surprisingly nothing broke on original. The black one just snapped in.
Hey I was on the phone with savage..they have the black front emblems with colored center..they just need the number on the back of the emblem...could you check the stock front emblem for the numbers? I am not by the car right now...Savage says it should end in 196 or 880...there are two styles based on where the feet are located and the Blackwing one is different due to the grill
Thanks!

Yes you can get them on eBay.

These are ones I got: Cadillac CT4-V CT5-V CT6 Blackwing Logo Badge Emblem Car Decoration Sport Black | eBay

They are metal, but they are not glossy, but I think they look good. I got all blacked out badges and replaced my front and back caddy and CT5 from SavageCaddillac and then I got 3 of those above from eBay.
Were the savage Cadillac badges gloss black? I just ordered your ebay recommendations. Savages prices are lofty for what they are and am debating just spraying my stock ones. Curious how it would look with gloss and more of a satin v badge. Any photos you have of your car with them on?

Were the savage Cadillac badges gloss black? I just ordered your ebay recommendations. Savages prices are lofty for what they are and am debating just spraying my stock ones. Curious how it would look with gloss and more of a satin v badge. Any photos you have of your car with them on?
Yes they are gloss black:

Honestly I think the Vs look fine with the other gloss emblems, but I guess if it were a big concern you could always hit them with some gloss spray paint:

1657647117389.png

Yes they are gloss black:

Honestly I think the Vs look fine with the other gloss emblems, but I guess if it were a big concern you could always hit them with some gloss spray paint:

View attachment 10405
Thanks! that looks great!

i wish they had ones that actually matched the monochrome emblems rather than these blacked out ones.
You mean all silver? You may be able to try to spray the insert with a silver color. Not sure how it would turn out.

Or they make them silver with black insert here:

I don't remember if you could remove the rear insert though, but you could remove the front one I believe.

You mean all silver? You may be able to try to spray the insert with a silver color. Not sure how it would turn out.

I don't remember if you could remove the rear insert though, but you could remove the front one I believe.
I’m saying I wished they had V badges that matched these Cadillac ones where they are silver and black.

Any tips on removing the rear Cadillac emblem? Pics show it has two prongs. Thanks!

Any tips on removing the rear Cadillac emblem? Pics show it has two prongs. Thanks!
I did mine yesterday. I heated up the emblem with a hair dryer then squeezed the prongs one at a time with lineman’s pliers. Next pulled the side of the emblem up while pushing with the pliers.

I did mine yesterday. I heated up the emblem with a hair dryer then squeezed the prongs one at a time with lineman’s pliers. Next pulled the side of the emblem up while pushing with the pliers.

Thanks! Any tips for the front? Cadillac shows to remove the entire front clip just to remove the grill emblem. Ain’t doin’ all that! Gotta be a better way.

You do not need to remove the liner. Just use fishing line or dental floss to cut as much of the sticky pad and then slow tear the badge off (may want to heat it a little), may need a little force. This will break the the two guide clips off from the original badge and they will still be stuck in the car. Then use a plastic trim tool or something that won't scratch the paint and use it to press one side of the clips in and they will pop out pretty easy.

Thanks! Any tips for the front? Cadillac shows to remove the entire front clip just to remove the grill emblem. Ain’t doin’ all that! Gotta be a better way.
Front emblem is super easy. If your fingers are small enough you can just stick one in through the grill and detach one of the clips holding and then push on it from the back with your finger. This will cause it to stick up enough from the front to get your other hand's finger's something to grab on to and then just pull it off. Its not held on super tight. This method may break some of the clips from the original emblem. Mine didn't, but others have said it does. Then new one just clips on easily.

Front emblem is super easy. If your fingers are small enough you can just stick one in through the grill and detach one of the clips holding and then push on it from the back with your finger. This will cause it to stick up enough from the front to get your other hand's finger's something to grab on to and then just pull it off. Its not held on super tight. This method may break some of the clips from the original emblem. Mine didn't, but others have said it does. Then new one just clips on easily.
Thanks for the tip, wasn’t going to do it today until I read your post. Was able to start at the top and insert plastic shims as I went around. It helps having the replacement one in hand to know where the tabs are. Did end up bending one at the top too far, but think it’s still usable. Anyway, it’s too late to go back since the rear is done. Also, it’s worth the time saving to do it this way even if the original is broken. Love the look, especially with the Shadows paint, much more under the radar.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back