Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V BW Monochrome emblem

Dmkp621

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
OK so I have a 5BW on order, should the Goat Gods be willing (3000 status, TPW 6/13 so 2022MY might be iffy, we'll see). It's an A10 and has the driver assist package. I'm interested in debadging the car and putting on monochrome silver Caddy emblems front & rear. A few questions for those who have been through this:

I think there are 2 sources of these emblems:
Both of these sources indicate they are incompatible with adaptive cruise. So my questions are:
  • Is there another source for the emblems?
  • Has anyone worked around this and put an aftermarket front badge on an A10 with adaptive cruise?
  • Bonus topic: I'd really like to tint the monochrome emblems, in a color aligned with the tech bronze wheels. Was wondering what materials these are made of - if they were billet I think an anodized finish would be very nice. Wanted to get opinions on this concept.
Thanks!

OK so I have a 5BW on order, should the Goat Gods be willing (3000 status, TPW 6/13 so 2022MY might be iffy, we'll see). It's an A10 and has the driver assist package. I'm interested in debadging the car and putting on monochrome silver Caddy emblems front & rear. A few questions for those who have been through this:

Both of these sources indicate they are incompatible with adaptive cruise. So my questions are:
  • Has anyone worked around this and put an aftermarket front badge on an A10 with adaptive cruise?
  • Bonus topic: I'd really like to tint the monochrome emblems, in a color aligned with the tech bronze wheels. Was wondering what materials these are made of - if they were billet I think an anodized finish would be very nice. Wanted to get opinions on this concept.
Thanks!
You could do the rear badge but not the front because of the driver assist package. I found out the hard way and wasted money on the front badge.

So does it seem like they are the right size at least? Could they be modified to fit and maybe attach a different way?

The badges are not even similar. No way around it.

While its not advisable to paint the 10-speed badge, I’ve seen many so it. I’ve also seen multiple have issues after customers painted them or wrapped them. Some work just fine, some don’t.

I wouldn’t want to mess with anything that controls the speed and or braking. My 2 cents.

Well, I wish I had the dilemma, but since I have a 4 it was easy :) The badges are an absolute must on Shadow Metallic.

Attachments

• 4 - Copy.jpg
    4 - Copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
The badges are not even similar. No way around it.

While its not advisable to paint the 10-speed badge, I’ve seen many so it. I’ve also seen multiple have issues after customers painted them or wrapped them. Some work just fine, some don’t.

I wouldn’t want to mess with anything that controls the speed and or braking. My 2 cents.
OK thanks - this is exactly what I needed to hear. Appreciate your candor.

So it’s fine for people with a manual? The little HUD display probably uses that camera

So it’s fine for people with a manual? The little HUD display probably uses that camera

I’ve installed the monochrome badges on more cars than I haven’t. Yes. Fine on manuals.

I’ve installed the monochrome badges on more cars than I haven’t. Yes. Fine on manuals.
So given their popularity and the preponderance of CT4 and CT5 automatics on the road, is there a reason that Cadillac won't make a monochrome or onyx one for automatics with adaptive cruise control module built in?

Educate a noobie here. Is the front badge part of the adaptive cruise control radar ? My Kia Telluride just has a black square under the front license plate that you would never know it served a function.

Educate a noobie here. Is the front badge part of the adaptive cruise control radar ? My Kia Telluride just has a black square under the front license plate that you would never know it served a function.
its like that on some other Cadillacs as well.... making it part of the badge helped free up real estate for more grille allowing more air flow for your beloved ICE's

So given their popularity and the preponderance of CT4 and CT5 automatics on the road, is there a reason that Cadillac won't make a monochrome or onyx one for automatics with adaptive cruise control module built in?

while its certainly possible..... .doubt they would invest the time or $ to have them made... especially when the next gen cars will have fancy badges that light up
1652855300079.png

Thanks!
plastic...

if you remove the two sided tape, you will see the plastic parts that line up where they come together.... use a Dremel and Dremel away at reach one.... the chrome grille will detach from the rest of it..... you can then paint each piece separately. I've don't it on all of my personal Cadillac's

They might be hard to find because I have my parts dept constantly restocking them ;-)

wife's XT6 badges below while painting....

1652855685468.png

plastic...

if you remove the two sided tape, you will see the plastic parts that line up where they come together.... use a Dremel and Dremel away at reach one.... the chrome grille will detach from the rest of it..... you can then paint each piece separately. I've don't it on all of my personal Cadillac's

They might be hard to find because I have my parts dept constantly restocking them ;-)

wife's XT6 badges below while painting....

View attachment 8930
So is this the same for the badge that contains the adaptive cruise distance sensor? Can that be done without affecting the sensor's operation?

So is this the same for the badge that contains the adaptive cruise distance sensor? Can that be done without affecting the sensor's operation?
no. only the badge without the sensor

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners