Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing: Slight Yaw/Rotation under hard throttle

Coming from a Mustang GT PP2 with light suspension mods. I had ~20 track weekends under my belt with that car. I am decently comfortable with how the limits feel but I too was surprised how much wiggle I get in my 4BW, since I always heard how amazing the alpha platform was.

Mine feels like a noticeable twitch in the rear as a response to any input whatsoever. A little disconcerting, but not totally alarming. I'll keep playing with it and maybe try some PTM experimentation.

Or maybe an alignment is due.

Interesting thread. I've noticed the same thing, but thought it was over-application of throttle and lots of torque on cold/wet tires.

I'm still not sure about this PTM stuff and just what it's doing, where and when.

Interesting thread. I've noticed the same thing, but thought it was over-application of throttle and lots of torque on cold/wet tires.

I'm still not sure about this PTM stuff and just what it's doing, where and when.
I agree with @pkincy - it's the e-diff doing it's thing. The rear feels like it is swaying back and forth (well, it is, but just the body) as the tires do not break traction

You need to get yourself to Spring Mountain, post haste! (y)

If the suspension is set for 'SOFT', it definitely has enough power to do some serious weight transfer to the rear, making the front end light as hell.

When the suspension is set for Medium or Hard, it doesn't seem to have the severe yaw.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back