Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW audio sources

poseur

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 BW. 2005 CTS-V and 2009 CTS-V (both sold)
Flying cross country next weekend to pick up a 22 CT5 BW and drive it home (about 3k miles).
I can't find any details on what sources exist for the audio system.
I don't keep music on my phone and prefer not to stream due to sound quality.
Ideally I'd fill a card (or thumb drive?) with lossless digital for the long-ass trip.
Is that an option on our cars?
Is there a better way to make it happen?
thank you

Not sure if satellite radio counts as streaming, but you get Sirius subscription included with your purchase so there's always that option. Spotify app on the car is more what I think of when you say streaming.

There is also a USB Port (pg 138 owners manual) in the center console under the arm rest and two on the center stack that a storage device can be connected to but only accepts MP3, AAC, OGG and 3GP.

I'd be shocked if you could actually tell the difference between lossless audio on a thumb drive vs. audio coming in from CarPlay in this car.

Also get a Spotify subscription if you don't already. When playing Spotify from the entertainment center directly vs off ACP or Android Auto, the sound is significantly better and the bass is good enough to rattle the mirrors at 1/2 volume.

The main thing for streaming from a phone is to make sure it's using Android Auto/Apple CarPlay for sound, not Bluetooth. Bluetooth is trash quality, but the formers should be at least CD quality.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back