Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ct4v bw exhaust valve rattle

bl4ck_wng

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, Razor E100
just curious, does anyone's exhaust rattle at low rpms when the valves are all the way open --

is there anything I can do about it?

it never bothered me much, but now i can't seem to not notice it

Mine did. I honestly just ignored it because my last two vehicles had a bit of a valve rattle as well.

Yes it’s either the valves or the LF4 waste gate issue. Both annoying as hell

Is the wastegate issue an actual problem or just an annoying noise? I noticed it also.. Usually it means that the turbos are going bad but this is on a brand new car!

I get some rattle as well. Do my best to ignore it lol

Same here but maybe @WONT TAP can clarify what this rattling noise is and if it causes any power deficiencies or problems? I usually notice it from the front of the car while accelerating with windows down after a cold start and less noticable when the car warms up. Sounds like a plastic zip tie or like a little ball shaking in a metal can.The dealer says turbo wastegate rattle but it's "not a big deal."

Here is a picture of the valve in place and then removed. There is a coil spring that goes between the electric motor and the mechanical part of the valve. The spring is not shown in the picture. It seems that the spring is designed to keep tension on the valve, so it doesn't rattle. This is on a 5BW but I'm guessing it would be the same. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Exahust valve.jpg
    Exahust valve.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • Exhaust valve 2.jpg
    Exhaust valve 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed