Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 V BW locking fuel door?

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Are these supposed to have a locking fuel door? I swear my ATS V did and my CT5V did. Mine seems to not…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

My CT4 autolocks the gas door. If I take too long when I get out of the car I miss the window. Then I touch the rear door handle to re-unkock.

The BlackWing DOES NOT

Last edited:
I swear mine did but it’s not doing it today which is odd

I swear mine did but it’s not doing it today which is odd
There is a setting in vehicle settings for auto locking. I have had to reset it when there's been firmware or maybe OTA updates.

For the fuel door? I’ve never seen anything specific to the fuel door in the settings. Just for the actual doors
It's part of all the doors, it locks with them.

Well all my doors are set to auto lock but the fuel door isn’t unfortunately
Did you ever figure out why it was not locking? My 2023 V is not locking either. Just picked it up yesterday and it was doing it after all door were locked. I double check and my BW locks it, when all of the doors are locked.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they didn't add the locking fuel door back to the 4BW.

If their self stated philosophy was that everything had to earn its way back onto the BW, I don't see them adding things like electric trunk lift or locking fuel doors to safe weight.

I'm pretty sure they didn't add the locking fuel door back to the 4BW.

If their self stated philosophy was that everything had to earn its way back onto the BW, I don't see them adding things like electric trunk lift or locking fuel doors to safe weight.
Gotta be a 4 thing. My 5 locks with doors. You would think that it would be across the board.

Edit:. Durp. Mine does not lock.

Last edited:
'23 4BW fuel door does not lock. I just locked the car with the key fob, placed the key fob in the house, and can open the fuel door. The trunk and passenger doors remain locked.

This thread is very confusing. How can some Ct4 BW's have locking fuel doors but others do not? Is it an option or something?

Mine does not.

This thread is very confusing. How can some Ct4 BW's have locking fuel doors but others do not? Is it an option or something?

Mine does not.
There is an option in settings about doors all locking or just the driver's door.

All I can find in the manual is the use of the phrase "if equipped" immediately following any mention of the locking fuel door. I just went to go build out a 4BW on Cadillac to see if there is any package or option that includes this feature and I dont see one. So now Im even more confused.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back