Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 Front Dive Planes

Grainofsand

Seasoned Member
I'm on the Tapout Tuning website for the dive planes, and I see the mounting bracket options. Can these dive planes be installed on a non-CF car? Would it be easier to just order the CF front bumper cover with the pre-cut holes and go from there?

This has been discussed before and if I recall correctly another forum member even put out pictures, I think the easiest path would be to replace your bumper with the CF option one. I think he bought one to use as a guide for the holes and returned it afterwards.

This has been discussed before and if I recall correctly another forum member even put out pictures, I think the easiest path would be to replace your bumper with the CF option one. I think he bought one to use as a guide for the holes and returned it afterwards.
I would hope that if someone else does this, they at least try to find a way to make printable templates for the rest of the community.

Personally, I'm not interested in the dive planes, otherwise I would, but hopefully this will eventually become tribal knowledge.

I'm on the Tapout Tuning website for the dive planes, and I see the mounting bracket options. Can these dive planes be installed on a non-CF car? Would it be easier to just order the CF front bumper cover with the pre-cut holes and go from there?
Check my previous posts:

Bottom line, now that Tapout has reproduced the inner support bracket, it's a no-brainer to cut the slots in the existing bumper to save a lot of money and avoid painting the factory primer bumper. You don't need the upper supports they include because they are already installed as I show in my photos. And no template is needed since the markings are already on the back of the standard bumper cover (unless parts have changed in later cars). Also, by using the original bumper you don't have to move all the grille parts over which saves a lot of time and potential damaged grille trim clip tabs (I broke a couple I had to fix).

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners