Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 BW Muffler Delete

I lopped the mufflers off of my 5th-gen Camaro the day after I got it 14 years ago. The shop thought it would be horribly loud, but the sound was perfect......and cost next to nothing compared to aftermarket mufflers.

So I was really excited to see somebody had done that with their BW.

HDixon contacted me today after I PM'd him about his setup. As he informed me, the valve is right at the edge of the outside tip. Just shine a flashlight into it and you can see it a few inches inside.

This is the dream sequence - super easy to remove the massive stock muffler assembly and do whatever you want, yet still retain the ability to change the sound.

I think I'll try a real muffler on the quiet side, with a straight pipe on the loud side. Should be the best of both worlds and still save tons of weight. Look under your cars - it looks like another gas tank - it covers the entire rear of the vehicle !!

Thanks again HDixon. You were super helpful !!

I lopped the mufflers off of my 5th-gen Camaro the day after I got it 14 years ago. The shop thought it would be horribly loud, but the sound was perfect......and cost next to nothing compared to aftermarket mufflers.

So I was really excited to see somebody had done that with their BW.

HDixon contacted me today after I PM'd him about his setup. As he informed me, the valve is right at the edge of the outside tip. Just shine a flashlight into it and you can see it a few inches inside.

This is the dream sequence - super easy to remove the massive stock muffler assembly and do whatever you want, yet still retain the ability to change the sound.

I think I'll try a real muffler on the quiet side, with a straight pipe on the loud side. Should be the best of both worlds and still save tons of weight. Look under your cars - it looks like another gas tank - it covers the entire rear of the vehicle !!

Thanks again HDixon. You were super helpful !!
👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

I'm assuming any semi-decent shop should know what they're doing (given the instructions of "remove mufflers, keep valves"), but to err on the side of caution, anything else / more specific I should add?

TIA! Can't wait to hear the car. 😅

My build date starts tomorrow...............fingers crossed it really is. :)

When you're ready to do away with the stock box/can, let me know. I'm curious to do some exploratory surgery on one to see if there's a "middle-of-the-road" approach here through modifying the internals.
You still interested in the stock box? It's just collecting dust & taking up space in the garage.

Let me know!

I'm assuming any semi-decent shop should know what they're doing (given the instructions of "remove mufflers, keep valves"), but to err on the side of caution, anything else / more specific I should add?

TIA! Can't wait to hear the car. 😅

If you show them the pictures I posted above, they should be good to go. The valves are located at the tips, so as long as they cut anywhere before that, all should go as planned.

Something I’ve been thinking about doing for awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger. Figured worst comes to worst if the outcome wasn’t the expected sound, we could re weld in the stock box.
Left the stock tips and valves for obvious reasons.
Both videos are with the valves fully open.
Volume ⬆️!
Hey @Hdixon46-559! I ended up doing the muffler delete a month ago and have a horrible vibration/rattle/buzzing noise coming from the A-pillars (95% coming from the passenger side). Do you have this too? Attaching a video. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.MOV
    25.2 MB
Hey @Hdixon46-559! I ended up doing the muffler delete a month ago and have a horrible vibration/rattle/buzzing noise coming from the A-pillars (95% coming from the passenger side). Do you have this too? Attaching a video. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Hate to hear that about yours! But no, didn’t have any issues like this. Have you tried putting any pressure again the pillar when you’re accelerating? See if you could have a passenger try this while driving. Sounds like there’s a small gap making this vibration. Fix could be unsnap the pillar panel, run some 3M thin padded foam strips on the inside and re snap the pillar cover back in.
Let me know how it goes!

Would love to see something like this on a 5BW. Think it’s a great idea, glad it worked out for you!

It's taken forever, but the very last shop in town looked her over Saturday morning. A straight delete is not a problem for a competent local shop, but I want to keep the quiet side "quiet", so its more complicated.

I expect to hear in a couple of days the plan and the price. Will keep you posted.......

Once it is done I will be able to tell you if its worth it to attempt to retain a quiet side. I'm not sure how effective that little butterfly valve will be against a straight pipe on the loud side. Hopefully we'll see very soon........

It's taken forever, but the very last shop in town looked her over Saturday morning. A straight delete is not a problem for a competent local shop, but I want to keep the quiet side "quiet", so its more complicated.

I expect to hear in a couple of days the plan and the price. Will keep you posted.......

Once it is done I will be able to tell you if its worth it to attempt to retain a quiet side. I'm not sure how effective that little butterfly valve will be against a straight pipe on the loud side. Hopefully we'll see very soon........
Any update here?

I posted a new thread. It worked well. It is louder than stock. You can always hear it but its not obtrusive at all. Unfortunately the CEL is still on. No idea why since the valves operate perfectly. The valves do make it quieter, so I'm thinking about the Kooks headers...........maybe...........

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back