Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 BW Muffler Delete

Hdixon46-559

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 Blackwing 46-559
Something I’ve been thinking about doing for awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger. Figured worst comes to worst if the outcome wasn’t the expected sound, we could re weld in the stock box.
Left the stock tips and valves for obvious reasons.
Both videos are with the valves fully open.
Volume ⬆️!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    17.5 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    11.4 MB
  • D6A763FD-F0D7-4588-9980-B9B42842C622.jpeg
    D6A763FD-F0D7-4588-9980-B9B42842C622.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 506
  • 449D0344-B6D6-4257-B906-C9F6868260D9.jpeg
    449D0344-B6D6-4257-B906-C9F6868260D9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 439
  • A2F1E0D8-5BB1-4D82-A58C-2A708FA4D460.jpeg
    A2F1E0D8-5BB1-4D82-A58C-2A708FA4D460.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 435
  • ACC0943F-A1C3-483F-840A-F7392CEA1830.jpeg
    ACC0943F-A1C3-483F-840A-F7392CEA1830.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 428
  • A6401ECA-1E72-4176-A0B2-AE6A4D76365F.jpeg
    A6401ECA-1E72-4176-A0B2-AE6A4D76365F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 489
Something I’ve been thinking about doing for awhile now. Finally pulled the trigger. Figured worst comes to worst if the outcome wasn’t the expected sound, we could re weld in the stock box.
Volume ⬆️!
Nice burble!

That's pretty badass... How's the sound inside the car? Any drone?

Nothing too bad.
Inside sounds more like louder exhaust than drone thankfully. Cruising the highway sounds pretty close to stock until you lay into it.

Great job! Sounds mean- so much better. How is it w/ valves closed? close to stock? Can you do a vid w/ valves closed vs valves open?

If you run it in Tour, it sounds like the stock track mode without the burbles as its idles down.

I didn’t know there was a “stealth” mode when editing the settings in “my mode”. Which sounds more like the stock tour. I’ll usually run this setting when I have my kiddo in the car.

I’ll grab some more short vids later today for reference.

Great job! Sounds mean- so much better. How is it w/ valves closed? close to stock? Can you do a vid w/ valves closed vs valves open?
Might be tough to tell through an phone video but much more noticeable in person. Track mode and stealth mode, fully open vs fully closed. Main difference is when driving.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.MOV
    28.6 MB
  • IMG_0114.MOV
    34.2 MB
Track mode, first gear idling down before pulling into my driveway from the alley. Wasn’t going anymore than 15 mph before letting off the gas

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    25.1 MB
Thank you for posting the vids! I can hear a difference. There's a youtube vid of muffler delete but he didn't keep the valves for some reason. I would definitely keep the valves.

Last edited:
When you're ready to do away with the stock box/can, let me know. I'm curious to do some exploratory surgery on one to see if there's a "middle-of-the-road" approach here through modifying the internals.

I like this idea. I'm not brave enough to cut my muffler off yet, would prefer a bolt on replacement aftermarket exhaust once able. I like being able to revert back to stock if I change my mind.

I like this idea. I'm not brave enough to cut my muffler off yet, would prefer a bolt on replacement aftermarket exhaust once able. I like being able to revert back to stock if I change my mind.
Completely understand. It’s more work but I can always cut the y pipes out and weld back into the original box if desired

Volume ⬆️!
Potentially stupid question — where did you have this done, and can you share a ballpark cost? She sounds good!

Potentially stupid question — where did you have this done, and can you share a ballpark cost? She sounds good!
Not a stupid question at all. Miller Muffler off of George Bush Tollway.
19350 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75252
United States

$500

I dont get the point of keeping the valves when it doesnt force the flow back into a muffler. All its doing is effectively just shutting one pair of the exhaust tips. Just dont see how that would really change much of the sound honestly.

But atleast its not as loud as we thought it would be with basically a straight piped exhaust. Plus the weight saving since we imagine the stock mufflers are pretty heavy.

I dont get the point of keeping the valves when it doesnt force the flow back into a muffler. All its doing is effectively just shutting one pair of the exhaust tips. Just dont see how that would really change much of the sound honestly.

But atleast its not as loud as we thought it would be with basically a straight piped exhaust. Plus the weight saving since we imagine the stock mufflers are pretty heavy.
Keeping the valves was necessary for me considering I’ve got a 15 month old little girl. When we’re in my car in lieu of my wife’s, it’s nice to be able to put it into its quietest mode.

As for the sound, it didn’t necessarily change. The notes hit a little higher / lower depending on the mode but the difference is minimal. Main change is the total volume you gain compared to stock. Sounds much better in my opinion

I haven’t yet. I’m sure it’s every bit of 40-50 pounds though.
You know I get trimming weight but the balance of the car was nearly 50/50 and they do things like put the battery in the back to achieve this. My question is what is the new weight distribution? Do you feel any effect in handling? Are you seeing more wheel spin than before?

You know I get trimming weight but the balance of the car was nearly 50/50 and they do things like put the battery in the back to achieve this. My question is what is the new weight distribution? Do you feel any effect in handling? Are you seeing more wheel spin than before?
No idea of the new weight distribution. No effect on the handling after the removal. And the wheels spin quite a bit with the JB4 installed.

This were purely to help get a truer tone of the motor as I felt the stock box was too quite. Even with the values fully open.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back