Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Cooling mods?

CT5-V Model

Lpe385

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5 BLK WING
Anyone running some of the cooling mods and notice any real difference? Just finished up 2.3 pulley and Kong X port from Tapout (great guys to work with). Thinking about CR modified bricks or maybe LMP expansion tank.

I would also love to hear anyone running any of the cooling mods.

I have the 2.175 pulley, 103mm tb, kooks headers, and ported SC and the dropoff in power even after 2-3 pulls is immense and it takes forever to cool down while driving.

Ive just been focused on addressing the other weak spots in the car for now, installed a catch can and an LS3 main seal, and looking to get a 1 piece driveshaft made.

Would really love to hear of any solutions to the heat soak issue.

Have a dozen track days on mine. Sebring, Daytona and FIRM. Temps are rock solid even in July. Are you noticing high temps with the ported blower?

Even before the ported blower but more so now with the 2.3 pulley if I’m doing some 60-130 runs the temps climb and you can feel the cars down a little on power. Once it cools down a little it’s back but you can defiantly feel it. My C7 Z06 was the same way but worse. LMP offers a much larger heat exchanger so thinking about that.

I know these mods spinning the blower up faster and creating more boost causes our IAT temps to climb quicker.

Have a dozen track days on mine. Sebring, Daytona and FIRM. Temps are rock solid even in July. Are you noticing high temps with the ported blower?
Ported blower, smaller pulley, headers, more aggressive tune.

I get initial power drop off and it stays steady on track for 20-30 mins, much more impressive then my prior C7 Z06 that got 20 mins at most then went into limp mode.

After two track days with the blackwing I went back to tracking my GT3RS, the weight of the car makes it go through tires and brakes so fast compared to a lighter more purpose built car, first track day I had my ride tinted glasses on then after the second one when it needed tires and brakes and fluids done I saw the bill and relegated it back to aggressive street driving.

Anyone running some of the cooling mods and notice any real difference? Just finished up 2.3 pulley and Kong X port from Tapout (great guys to work with). Thinking about CR modified bricks or maybe LMP expansion tank.
I have heat exchanger and expansion tank. Yes massive difference.

Assuming the bricks make a difference as well may try those next week.

During my test fit process.

For 6sp guys, I can see the benefits when doing 4th, 5th, 6th gear pulls. The car actually goes through 6th with little effort. Mid 120s Iats on 200mph runs.

Compared to 140-150s, and losing several degrees of timing in 5th and 6th.
IMG_3647.jpeg

I have heat exchanger and expansion tank. Yes massive difference.

Assuming the bricks make a difference as well may try those next week.
I plan on doing the heat exchanger and expansion tank over winter.

Has there ever been any sort of conclusive results from upgrading the bricks?

During my test fit process.

For 6sp guys, I can see the benefits when doing 4th, 5th, 6th gear pulls. The car actually goes through 6th with little effort. Mid 120s Iats on 200mph runs.

Compared to 140-150s, and losing several degrees of timing in 5th and 6th.
View attachment 22873
Oh this is great to hear, I can feel the drop off top of 4th after consecutive pulls in Mexico.

I plan on doing the heat exchanger and expansion tank over winter.

Has there ever been any sort of conclusive results from upgrading the bricks?
On my C7 Z06 I know the bricks helped a lot on these I haven’t seen any one try. I also saw better temps after the Billet lid.

I ordered both from LMP I will report back when finished

Lmk if you have any issues. They text me some videos. But left a lot to the imagination.

Oh this is great to hear, I can feel the drop off top of 4th after consecutive pulls in Mexico.
Did you feel a big difference with the tune?

I hear the peak numbers don’t increase much. Any chance you have dyno graphs before and after ? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to post.

Did you feel a big difference with the tune?

I hear the peak numbers don’t increase much. Any chance you have dyno graphs before and after ? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to post.
the peak numbers barely changed thats true.

While the mid range gained over 100whp, and for me that is actually where i spend most of my time / start all my roll races so it is night and day. Car feels like it got a 50 shot put on compared to before and it pulls MUCH smoother, smoother then completely stock to be honest.

I dont have them saved but they are posted here on the HP tuners thread i believe, and it explains the same.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back