Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Color Matching Side Markers

soulsea

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
alcoholics unanimous
There are many ways to do away with the amber sider side markers. One can try to get clear replacements, one can tint them, one can paint/smoke them, or one can color match them to the paint with vinyl.

My car is going to be Rift and I didn't want the contrast of tinted black side markers so I wanted to try to color match them with vinyl, but with Rift being a new color I was worried that there wasn't going to be any off the shelf solution for it.

After some googling I came up upon a company called colormatchwrap.com and decided to give them a try. The wrap came in today.

Here's a few pics in different light including one against a regular white car paint:

021520-EF-2-C8-B-4016-A981-EF2-E017-D712-B.jpg
0-EAA0-C9-D-CC6-E-43-A6-A883-EF5494-BDB29-C.jpg

B8-CCFB24-B15-B-420-D-A661-FF84-CFDB485-F.jpg

48-EAD155-1775-4448-94-F8-4-B6835-EAF4-BE.jpg

Obviously without the car here yet, it is hard for me to tell how close the match is ... I will know for sure when it gets here sometime in a few weeks, give or take a year.

If it does match I will use a little bit of it for the side markers and if there's anything left I'm happy to send the rest to another member who might want to do the same thing.

Tbc ...

Oh and as you can see it took over a month and a half to get it to me from when I ordered it. Not sure if that's because it's a color they haven't done before of it's the same for all colors, but factor that timeline in if you're planning to order one in your car color.

There are many ways to do away with the amber sider side markers. One can try to get clear replacements, one can tint them, one can paint/smoke them, or one can color match them to the paint with vinyl.

My car is going to be Rift and I didn't want the contrast of tinted black side markers so I wanted to try to color match them with vinyl, but with Rift being a new color I was worried that there wasn't going to be any off the shelf solution for it.

After some googling I came up upon a company called colormatchwrap.com and decided to give them a try. The wrap came in today.

Here's a few pics in different light including one against a regular white car paint:

021520-EF-2-C8-B-4016-A981-EF2-E017-D712-B.jpg
0-EAA0-C9-D-CC6-E-43-A6-A883-EF5494-BDB29-C.jpg

B8-CCFB24-B15-B-420-D-A661-FF84-CFDB485-F.jpg

48-EAD155-1775-4448-94-F8-4-B6835-EAF4-BE.jpg

Obviously without the car here yet, it is hard for me to tell how close the match is ... I will know for sure when it gets here sometime in a few weeks, give or take a year.

If it does match I will use a little bit of it for the side markers and if there's anything left I'm happy to send the rest to another member who might want to do the same thing.

Tbc ...
Very nice, it looks accurate. My detailer tinted mine.

Finally got around to doing this.

If anyone has rift and is looking to do the same they're welcome to the rest of the film.

There's enough for a seat of markers maybe two, so if I send it to you and have some left, please offer it to another member.

39-BADD85-9853-4-A51-972-F-01246-ED4-C792.jpg

Finally got around to doing this.

If anyone has rift and is looking to do the same they're welcome to the rest of the film.

There's enough for a seat of markers maybe two, so if I send it to you and have some left, please offer it to another member.

39-BADD85-9853-4-A51-972-F-01246-ED4-C792.jpg
You car looks awesome!!!!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop