Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cat Converter Anti-Theft

Furinax

Does anyone have experience or thoughts of Catalytic converter shields for the 4BW? I'm not too worried when parking at home but when traveling I get so paranoid. Something like this seems good enough but then again I'm not an expert. Just looking for something simple that can be enough to deter thieves scanning for easy targets.

Call me naive but I just can't see this being a big problem? Our cars are so low that they're not just crawling under there, and I believe the security system has a tilt alarm if there's some attempt to jack it up. I would think if you park anywhere near a full-size truck or larger SUV that you would immediately be the lesser target?

Does anyone have experience or thoughts of Catalytic converter shields for the 4BW? I'm not too worried when parking at home but when traveling I get so paranoid. Something like this seems good enough but then again I'm not an expert. Just looking for something simple that can be enough to deter thieves scanning for easy targets.
Easy targets are generally trucks and vans that don't require the scum to lift the vehicle for access to the cats.

OP I can appreciate your concern, but having a 4BW is likely the best mitigation for reasons listed above

Cat converter theft is a popular business out here, but for ICE vehicles older CRVs, Santa Fes, Escapes... basically 2000s smaller SUVs are the main targets due accessibility.

That said, ask your local Caddy dealer if you do want to do it, maybe they have a top tip

I can understand a lower car having the better defense for lazy cat thieves. Also I haven't seen the underside of the car so I don't know if the cat is even exposed. I don't think I would ever get an anti-theft device ever installed just wanted to know what is the most cost effective option.

Also, I ran catless for a while on my old NSX. It's just not worth the soot. Not to mention my neighbors all hated me.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back