Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Carbon Fiber woes

CT5-V Model

Buzzsaw

Seasoned Member
Sorry, I know I'm behind on this Forum. I took delivery of my 2022, LT3, Z-51, C8 Corvette and then had my second knee replacement.

I received an email from my Cadillac Salesman, letting me know my CT5 Blackwing would ship without the carbon fiber package (on Constraint). He said I could wait but would be passed by buyers who didn't care, so, I said build it without the CF package.

Anyone else going through this dilemma? IMO, the CF package and spoiler "make" the car. Can we go aftermarket? Will GM ship later when the CF gets here or is made?

Attachments

• IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2515.JPG
    IMG_2515.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2516.JPG
    IMG_2516.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
The CF constraint goes back at least as far as August. And if the CF wing ever becomes available as OEM or aftermarket, I'd like one too.

Occasionally CF spec'd orders are picked, so if you're high on the list at your dealer and CF is a must; There's a long-shot chance it could still happen for you.

The CF constraint goes back at least as far as August. And if the CF wing ever becomes available as OEM or aftermarket, I'd like one too.

Occasionally CF spec'd orders are picked, so if you're high on the list at your dealer and CF is a must; There's a long-shot chance it could still happen for you.
There are aftermarket CF wings out already. Figured soon enough, SavageCadillac will start making CF parts too. But think, even they're hit with this CF shortage since alot of the parts they have for Vs are out of stock too.

That one doesnt look that bad. Definitely different over the OEM one and will set your car off from the few out there.

Almost tempted to order one just in case. There's a guy that ordered the same one from Ebay and he said it tripled in price from what he paid for it last year. More expensive than Savage so I imagine their price will go up on the next batch.

thanks for posting. I am in the "had to drop CF" group to get an allocation. Like others, it is now moving fast (like two weeks from order accepted to having a TPW) and I'm mostly okay with it as we like the contrast of gloss black and the smaller front splitter is definitely less to worry about. If I can get over the aftermarket rear spoiler just being 3M taped and not being bolted to the car (Savage confirmed this), would you recommend a body shop install it? I would be concerned about not damaging the paint removing the factory one and aligning the new one perfectly.

Anyone else going through this dilemma? IMO, the CF package and spoiler "make" the car. Can we go aftermarket? Will GM ship later when the CF gets here or is made?
Yeah, I'm going through the same situation on my BW with the CF 1, CF2, and CF Seatbacks.

I've been patiently waiting, hoping those items will come OFF constraint. I really do want those CF packages, as well as the CF seatbacks, so if they say those AREN'T ever going to be available, I might just give up and get a Plaid or the fast Stelvio or something.

It's a shame too because I want the car! I loved my 2004 and 2010 V's.

Yeah, I'm going through the same situation on my BW with the CF 1, CF2, and CF Seatbacks.

I've been patiently waiting, hoping those items will come OFF constraint. I really do want those CF packages, as well as the CF seatbacks, so if they say those AREN'T ever going to be available, I might just give up and get a Plaid or the fast Stelvio or something.

It's a shame too because I want the car! I loved my 2004 and 2010 V's.
Or you can get a '22 without CF and then trade it in for a '24 w. CF. At least that's my plan.

I can tell you, as I've been told by well placed sources, if you have CF1, CF2 and carbon backed seats, the odds of getting a 2022 is almost ZERO. There is a slight chance, but very slight. I have all three on my order.

I'm on the fence as to delete all CF and maybe get a car this year that isn't quite what I want, or just cancelling all together. If I cancel, then what? Order a 2023 and do the goat rodeo all over? Wait until 2024? Maybe pick up a CTSV? I really don't know.

Last edited:
I'll be the one to say it.

Your C8 is a 3LT, not an LT3. GM is a bit dumb for having trim levels and engine codes being so similar but it drives me up the wall, I know, get off my lawn.

Second, CF constraints have been a thing for the last few months. I don't mind it because the CF1 and 2 packages in my opinion are overpriced and I'd rather just wait for aftermarket options. I'm next in line for a 5-V Blackwing and I wasn't going to get CF1 or 2 anyway.

However I do want the carbon seats, mostly because thats the only way to get the natural interior and if thats on constraint its a bit of a pain. There will not be an aftermarket equivalent (at least nothing worth the cost) like CF1 and 2 packages which means I'll have a tough decision to make.

I'll be the one to say it.

Your C8 is a 3LT, not an LT3. GM is a bit dumb for having trim levels and engine codes being so similar but it drives me up the wall, I know, get off my lawn.

Second, CF constraints have been a thing for the last few months. I don't mind it because the CF1 and 2 packages in my opinion are overpriced and I'd rather just wait for aftermarket options. I'm next in line for a 5-V Blackwing and I wasn't going to get CF1 or 2 anyway.

However I do want the carbon seats, mostly because thats the only way to get the natural interior and if thats on constraint its a bit of a pain. There will not be an aftermarket equivalent (at least nothing worth the cost) like CF1 and 2 packages which means I'll have a tough decision to make.
I mean you could always dye the seats yourself to your liking I suppose. Not a perfect option, but dyeing the sueded seats by a professional shop would be much cheaper vs upgrading to the carbon backed. Same with the other pieces like the arm rests and door panels. I ordered the sky gray and i'm sorta tempted to dye the white red. i really like the black/red seats in the AMG cars (they call this 'red pepper') and with the sky gray already having red piping along the black it would probaby look really good. TBD

Yeah I told my dealer I was willing to remove CF1 CF2 and the carbon back seats ... really wanted those. I was told some orders may still be fulfilled with CF...the way the orders and allocations are swept seems weird

I had a conversation with my dealer yesterday too. The three orders they have at 1100 all have carbon, including mine. They took an order in January without carbon and the car is to be built shortly, with an EDD of April. I told them the next allocation they get to call me. I'm thinking about dropping all the CF. They, of course, have NO idea when their next allocation will be.

A rather prominent dealer around these parts told me forget about CF backed seats. I never wanted those anyways, aside from the upgraded leather. I do want CF1, but have already told him put my order in without if an allocation comes along.

We know this car will be made in 23, and I suspect it will be made at least in 24. These constraints won't last forever.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back