Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Can order be changed after acceptance by GM?

Powerhungry

Seasoned Member
My order got accepted yesterday. Now I'm re-thinking my caliper color...dealer says it's locked in. Anyone know if there's a window during which the order can be changed? BTW my current colors are: Rift with bronze, blue calipers, interior black and tan seats with CF. Thanks!

In my opinion, blue caliper is Lowkey the best option. Red is the default on so many cars. It's also the default color for DIYers. Bronze kind of fades to the background, might as well be the unpainted option. I think the blue will look great on white if the order can't be changed.

Last edited:
My order got accepted yesterday. Now I'm re-thinking my caliper color...dealer says it's locked in. Anyone know if there's a window during which the order can be changed? BTW my current colors are: Rift with bronze, blue calipers, interior black and tan seats with CF. Thanks!
To answer your question, no. Once the order is accepted by GM, there is not a good way to change the order unless you want to risk losing your spot. Maybe Rob or Steve can correct me on that, but I vaguely remember reading that any order change will result in basically needing another allocation.

I think you’re really tempting fate to try and update your order for something as small as brake colour.

Just roll with the blue, they’ll look great with the bronze wheels.

Your order is at event 2000 right now, yes you can make a change but you need to do it fast before it moves to 3000.

To answer your question, no. Once the order is accepted by GM, there is not a good way to change the order unless you want to risk losing your spot. Maybe Rob or Steve can correct me on that, but I vaguely remember reading that any order change will result in basically needing another allocation.
Thanks....that settles it. Not risking losing my order!

In my opinion, blue caliper is Lowkey the best option. Red is the default on so many cars. It's also the default color for DIYers. Bronze kind of fades to the background, might as well be the unpainted option. I think the blue will look great on white if the order can't be changed.
Thanks, I do feel better now! Another friend said the same thing offline - blue is a nice low key option and a little more unique than red which is pretty standard.

My dealer had an allocation at 2000 that they intercepted and changed to my order which is how I lucked into it a few months back. It can be changed but it's not guaranteed and I was told it was denied a few times before it just magically happened one day. A few days after it changed to my build I was still able to add tech bronze wheels so there is a slight window before it gets to broadcast

I did Rift/blue caliper only because red is the only color you think of when you hear Brembo. I've had the red Bo's on a few cars and felt the need to try something new. Honestly the blue is a darker blue that doesn't stand out like a fire hydrant. Get the red belts too! #Murica

I did Rift/blue caliper only because red is the only color you think of when you hear Brembo. I've had the red Bo's on a few cars and felt the need to try something new. Honestly the blue is a darker blue that doesn't stand out like a fire hydrant. Get the red belts too! #Murica
wish I could do red belts but not an option with the black and tan interior...

That aint right. Every option should be open. I hate it when one option dictates another.
Amen...especially this. There's no logical reason. I can understand some other constraints - eg. you can't get a clutch with an auto - but seatbelt color?

When I was sitting at the dealer putting my order together, I asked for the 3.73 rear end. I also asked for the A10. Couldn't do both but could you imagine? Might be too aggressive to function but the initial thought had me going. Long story short on the A10 decision was that my BW5 was going to be my daily. Chicago traffic isn't that pleasant with a clutch. Fast forward about 6 months after ordering and long past time I could change the order, sold the SS for a good chunk and found a daily so I can keep the BW clean.

Amen...especially this. There's no logical reason. I can understand some other constraints - eg. you can't get a clutch with an auto - but seatbelt color?
The seatbelt color was dumb.

I wanted tan. They wouldn't allow it without the $5k seat package yet they allow red a la carte for $400.

When I was sitting at the dealer putting my order together, I asked for the 3.73 rear end. I also asked for the A10. Couldn't do both but could you imagine? Might be too aggressive to function but the initial thought had me going. Long story short on the A10 decision was that my BW5 was going to be my daily. Chicago traffic isn't that pleasant with a clutch. Fast forward about 6 months after ordering and long past time I could change the order, sold the SS for a good chunk and found a daily so I can keep the BW clean.
makes sense to get an Auto if you have to deal with heavy traffic...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back