Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CAGS - Skip Shift - eliminator?

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
I don't get CAGGED often in the V2 so I haven't thought about it much but it came up again recently. So, the question is "where can I get a CAGS/Skip Shift eliminator for the V2?"

I have CAGS eliminators in my Corvettes and had one in my V1. Who makes one for the V2?

I don't get CAGGED often in the V2 so I haven't thought about it much but it came up again recently. So, the question is "where can I get a CAGS/Skip Shift eliminator for the V2?"

I have CAGS eliminators in my Corvettes and had one in my V1. Who makes one for the V2?
Here you go:

CTS-V CAGS Eliminator Plug Seal Kit 2004 - 2007 - Lingenfelter Performance

Note that this is for the first gen - but give them a call and find out if it applies to the second gen CTS-V or if they sell a separate kit. Let us know what you find out.

If you talk to them and end up getting it from them, let them know about us! :smile:

1st Gen V CAGS eliminator won't work. Tried it on my 09 V. 2010 Camaro SS eliminator works fine, I've had it on for 8 months.

1st Gen V CAGS eliminator won't work. Tried it on my 09 V. 2010 Camaro SS eliminator works fine, I've had it on for 8 months.
Good info! Thanks Mac, and welcome to the Cadillac V-Net!

I got a response back from SLP and they said that their 2010 Camaro Skip Shift Eliminator did not fit the Caddy.

Now who do I believe?

Previous post below:
I 'googled' the Camaro 2010 Skip Shift Eliminator and found that SLP appears to be the main source for this for the Camaro. The SLP version is sold by UPR Products.com (and other places as the picture on every website appears to be the same one that SLP shows) and their web site says that the skip shift eliminator for the SS Camaro also fits the Challenger and the Corvette but it doesn't mention the CTS V.

I should have got under my '08 Vette and pulled the eliminator and then tried it on my V. With my V1, the eliminator connectors were totally different from the Corvette connectors so I had to buy a V1 specific eliminator. It would appear that with the V2, GM is using the same connectors as the Camaro and Corvette. Great.

UPR wants $33.99 for the SLP eliminator. SLP will sell it for 18.99.
MidAmerica and Eclkers (Corvette stuff) has a skip shift eliminator for 17.99.

Last edited:
Cags

Purchased mine (listed for 2010 Camaro SS) from Southern Car Parts, Marietta, GA for $21.99 plus shipping in September 2010. It has worked perfectly since installation. The part is manufactured by Caspers Electronics, and carries part #109048. Hope this helps.

Purchased mine (listed for 2010 Camaro SS) from Southern Car Parts, Marietta, GA for $21.99 plus shipping in September 2010. It has worked perfectly since installation. The part is manufactured by Caspers Electronics, and carries part #109048. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I've checked a couple of other places that sell the Camaro eliminator and when I ask them if it fits the CTS V, I get "NO" - then SLP changed their response to "we haven't tried the CTS V, so we don't really know."

I'll check with Caspers and see what they say.

CAGS Eliminator

Thanks. I've checked a couple of other places that sell the Camaro eliminator and when I ask them if it fits the CTS V, I get "NO" - then SLP changed their response to "we haven't tried the CTS V, so we don't really know."

I'll check with Caspers and see what they say.

What's the latest on this? Lingenfelter does not list it...that is one of the first places I checked...any idea yet what will work on 2012 & later?

As it turns out, the Corvette CAGS Eliminator fits the V2.

Seems that the "eliminator" for the C5 and C6 Corvette also matches the V2. I wasn't sure and I emailed several Corvette places asking the question if the Corvette eliminator also worked on the V2. Got a lot of answers but mostly "NO" or "we don't know, we never tried". Generally, no one knew if the eliminator for the Vette worked on the V2 because they never tried it to see.

Since I just got a new Corvette and I wanted an eliminator for it, I ordered 2. I put the V Wagon on ramps yesterday afternoon and disconnected the skip-shift connector from the trans and the eliminator matched the plug-in. I installed the Corvette eliminator. It works.

Put the Vette on the ramps also and installed the second one there - it works also.

I still get the 1->4 light on the Vette but it shifts straight to second.

So, order a CAGS Eliminator for a C6 Corvette and put it in.

As it turns out, the Corvette CAGS Eliminator fits the V2.

Seems that the "eliminator" for the C5 and C6 Corvette also matches the V2. I wasn't sure and I emailed several Corvette places asking the question if the Corvette eliminator also worked on the V2. Got a lot of answers but mostly "NO" or "we don't know, we never tried". Generally, no one knew if the eliminator for the Vette worked on the V2 because they never tried it to see.

Since I just got a new Corvette and I wanted an eliminator for it, I ordered 2. I put the V Wagon on ramps yesterday afternoon and disconnected the skip-shift connector from the trans and the eliminator matched the plug-in. I installed the Corvette eliminator. It works.

Put the Vette on the ramps also and installed the second one there - it works also.

I still get the 1->4 light on the Vette but it shifts straight to second.

So, order a CAGS Eliminator for a C6 Corvette and put it in.

Where did you get it, Tuna...and how much? Part Number?

Thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners