Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V C7 Z06 or CT5 V BW?

CT5-V Model
0 chance we sell the subie. It makes a cheap winter beater on days neither the BW nor the Z06 would make it out of the driveway. That said, I imagine getting caught in the snow on occasion..

Used car prices are frustrating me as well and I am trying not to let it kill my passion for them.

considering you sold the z06 for the bw, I am calling that +1 BW.

0 chance we sell the subie. It makes a cheap winter beater on days neither the BW nor the Z06 would make it out of the driveway. That said, I imagine getting caught in the snow on occasion..

Used car prices are frustrating me as well and I am trying not to let it kill my passion for them.

considering you sold the z06 for the bw, I am calling that +1 BW.
FWIW - I sold the z06 in 2018 for a Turbo S, not the BW. That’s what it took for me to let the z06 go. And the BW was an addition not a replacement. Good luck!

found this one on the vette forum . 2k miles. 7spd..

anybody know how to price these?

View attachment 15037
This one is a little over a month old to us. '19 with a little over 6k on the clock. Auto. 78,000
qyu1ldX.jpg

My original plan was to get a BW5 and a C8 Z51. I currently have a SS 1LE that the C8 would replace for track.

But after a few drives in the C8, I decided I love the Alpha chassis and the LT4 too much. So, instead of BW + C8, it's now BW + ZLE. The Alpha chassis handles the LT4 power much better than the C7 chassis. The C7Z is always trying to kill me at 9/10ths...

Right now, the only GM car more constrained than the BW5 is the ZLE. Only 28 were built in November.

My original plan was to get a BW5 and a C8 Z51. I currently have a SS 1LE that the C8 would replace for track.

But after a few drives in the C8, I decided I love the Alpha chassis and the LT4 too much. So, instead of BW + C8, it's now BW + ZLE. The Alpha chassis handles the LT4 power much better than the C7 chassis. The C7Z is always trying to kill me at 9/10ths...

Right now, the only GM car more constrained than the BW5 is the ZLE. Only 28 were built in November.
@ericwilliamstevenson I had a C7 Z06 7m. She was a blast, the wife surprisingly really enjoyed it. Besides the physical logistics of space, I see two differences in my day-to-day between the Z06 and our 5BW 6m - the Vette got attention everywhere/all the time and always felt like she was ready to bit you. The BW is the opposite - under the radar/low key and to me is more approachable to drive fast (maybe it's the weight diff? the tuning?). #nobadchoice
20170326_115601.jpg
20170925_085436.jpg

golf bag pic - picked up my dad after this... his clubs fit as well and we got the roof (tight squeeze) to fit on top of the golf bags!

Thank you for the continued feedback. I remain obsessed over the Z06 and have seen several amazing examples on the market.. A Carbon 65 scrolled by on FB [ that i didnt know much about, but the price hecklers were notably absent from this one ] and the phone frequently buzzes with new listings.

I also made the mistake of looking at the 991 911 turbo market. My 'childhood dream car', which is coming very close to crossing back into high MSRP spec'd BW's range.. I blame cleetus and his recent 911 videos for this. In addition to my previous 991 coming back on the market.

Getting a BW won't be easy and I am really am enjoying the window shopping. After the holiday, I'll take more serious looking for a local example z06 to kick the tires.. I also plan to stop by the vegas car listed above on our turnaround trip to see grandma. Though now the decision is starting to feel more like 991 turbo or z06.

Thank you for the continued feedback. I remain obsessed over the Z06 and have seen several amazing examples on the market.. A Carbon 65 scrolled by on FB [ that i didnt know much about, but the price hecklers were notably absent from this one ] and the phone frequently buzzes with new listings.

I also made the mistake of looking at the 991 911 turbo market. My 'childhood dream car', which is coming very close to crossing back into high MSRP spec'd BW's range.. I blame cleetus and his recent 911 videos for this. In addition to my previous 991 coming back on the market.

Getting a BW won't be easy and I am really am enjoying the window shopping. After the holiday, I'll take more serious looking for a local example z06 to kick the tires.. I also plan to stop by the vegas car listed above on our turnaround trip to see grandma. Though now the decision is starting to feel more like 991 turbo or z06.

I didn't have a turbo but I had a 991.2 C4S manual and I did not like it. A Turbo is more comparable to the Z06 but its also quite different. No manual, which if you're looking at a Z06 and want the manual this might matter. Obviously the 911 is a turbo flat 6 and honestly doesn't sound good, the Z06 obviously sounds phenomenal. The 991 generation 911s have some odd odd interior functions that annoyed me like how the climate controls are sync'd to the keyfob and don't actually remain at where you left them. The cupholder is useless etc.

Its fast as all hell thanks to the PDK and AWD but in my opinion the Z06 is more sports car while the Turbo is more GT. I personally don't like my sporty cars to sound like vacuum cleaners but thats just my opinion, the Turbo has no soul, its very capable but the two cars are very different.

I didn't have a turbo but I had a 991.2 C4S manual and I did not like it. ... the Turbo has no soul, its very capable but the two cars are very different.
I agree with this.. mine was a 991.1 turbo s and vacuum cleaner is a very apropos description of the sound. Once upon a time I also had a 997.2 turbo with an exhaust that didn't sound much better.. if not worse. The 991.1 was also very clinical.. It was fast and you knew it, but it also didnt convey all the feels a car with these capabilities should.

My current thoughts are this:

1. Find and aquire a low mileage clean example of a z06.. Pref a 2019 with z07, m7, w. comp seats in watkins or white.
2. Get back inline for a fully spec'd bw 5.. CF 1&2, Ceramics, Carbon Seats. Things I skipped on 86-0329
3. Enjoy the z06 while the BW goat rodeo plays in the background.
4. If / when the BW arrives, decide to trade in the z06, own both, forgo the BW, or trade both for a 991.2 turbo S.

Another thing to consider is that I have Transit adventure van on order. Like everything else, I am unsure whether the van would ever be built. However, if it does then both the Van and the Z06 could fit in the same budget I would have allocated to the 991.

I am a proud and patriotic American and have yet to fully live the #V8Life.. This was the main reason for getting the first BW and I think is yet unresolved. Z06 is looking increasingly likely..

Would like to make a decision by February. Winter in Utah seems like a good time to get a deal on a high horsepower RWD 2.5 season Veblen vehicle.

Another thing to consider is that I have Transit adventure van on order. Like everything else, I am unsure whether the van would ever be built. However, if it does then both the Van and the Z06 could fit in the same budget I would have allocated to the 991.
What kind of deal are you getting on the Transit trail van, below MSRP I hope? I've been looking at Sprinter vans for a little while now and more recently saw the Transit trail. The Sprinter prices were ridiculous 6 months ago, but finally I see the prices dropping pretty dramatically for lightly used. Looks like the pandemic people are burning out on the van life and turning them in.

What kind of deal are you getting on the Transit trail van, below MSRP I hope? I've been looking at Sprinter vans for a little while now and more recently saw the Transit trail. The Sprinter prices were ridiculous 6 months ago, but finally I see the prices dropping pretty dramatically for lightly used. Looks like the pandemic people are burning out on the van life and turning them in.

opted to not go with the 'trail' version, just a high roof AWD crew that we spec'd and applied to a stock dealer order already submit. If the van gets allocated and built, I expect to pay slightly less than MSRP, but above invoice via CrewVanManInfo on the transit forum.

We had a 2021 MB Sprinter 4x4 diesel that I built out and drove across the country with the family for a month last summer. Promptly sold the MB diesel and got in line for an AWD transit gasser upon our return home. I strongly recommend considering the Ford gasser over the MB diesel.

opted to not go with the 'trail' version, just a high roof AWD crew that we spec'd and applied to a stock dealer order already submit. If the van gets allocated and built, I expect to pay slightly less than MSRP, but above invoice via CrewVanManInfo on the transit forum.

We had a 2021 MB Sprinter 4x4 diesel that I built out and drove across the country with the family for a month last summer. Promptly sold the MB diesel and got in line for an AWD transit gasser upon our return home. I strongly recommend considering the Ford gasser over the MB diesel.
That's good info, thank you. I'm not much of a Ford fan, never owned a Ford in my 40+ years of driving. But, I have seen a few videos comparing the Ford Transit to the MB Sprinter. I hope I'm not derailing the thread as this is about Vettes and Blackwings (and Porsche).

That's good info, thank you. I'm not much of a Ford fan, never owned a Ford in my 40+ years of driving. But, I have seen a few videos comparing the Ford Transit to the MB Sprinter. I hope I'm not derailing the thread as this is about Vettes and Blackwings (and Porsche).
I've never owned a ford either. But after dealing with with DEF and driving 30+ minutes out of the way to avoid bio-diesel blends while on a cross country road trip, decided there must be a better way..

Paired with the near 0 MB Sprinter Service centers and I was ready to buy a RAM and a slide-in camper.. But found the AWD Ford Transit with a turbo gas engine and was sold.

Though the Goat Rodeo Ford has going on with the Transit would make Caddy and the Blackwing look mass produced.. Funny that the company who literally invented the production line can't seem to make good use of it.

Last edited:
Though the Goat Rodeo Ford has going on with the Transit would make Caddy and the Blackwing look mass produced.. Funny that the company who literally invented the production line can't seem to make good use of it.
Geez, I don't know if I can ever retire from the rodeo. Probably not likely any time soon.

after having the IRS clawback my caddy money causing a liquidation of Blackwing 86-0329, I have settled all debts and refilled the Veblen Vehicle account.

The seemingly simple question is, which to choose - a pre-loved C7 Z06 7SPD or another round of the BW goat rodeo?

Has or does anyone here own both?
Just my two cents, owned C7 Z06’s great car, 5th gear ratio sucks to me, if you get a car with level 3 aero you can really feel it holding the car back. Currently own and prefer C6 Z06 H/C car, more fun to drive. With that being said bought a 17 SS sedan M6 new and regret selling that car. Hence today my 23 5BW is built waiting shipping……. I know could be a while. The C7 Z06’s always felt twitchy under spirted driving, not comfortable for me. I just personally love 4 door 3 pedal cars with power and much lower production numbers, I’d say stay 5 BW

Just my two cents, owned C7 Z06’s great car, 5th gear ratio sucks to me, if you get a car with level 3 aero you can really feel it holding the car back. Currently own and prefer C6 Z06 H/C car, more fun to drive. With that being said bought a 17 SS sedan M6 new and regret selling that car. Hence today my 23 5BW is built waiting shipping……. I know could be a while. The C7 Z06’s always felt twitchy under spirted driving, not comfortable for me. I just personally love 4 door 3 pedal cars with power and much lower production numbers, I’d say stay 5 BW

Local dealer should get new allocation information today, so we'll see what he thinks chances of getting one for us are. Owning a Z06 out of warranty is giving me some pause as well. Though some of the BW engine threads aren't super inspiring either. =/

The Z06 feels like a much more selfish purchase, which I am not super keen on. The BW can at least be presented as a family car. With 2 middle school aged kids, backseats and a trunk are useful.

If the decision was forced today, BW.

Local dealer should get new allocation information today, so we'll see what he thinks chances of getting one for us are. Owning a Z06 out of warranty is giving me some pause as well. Though some of the BW engine threads aren't super inspiring either. =/

The Z06 feels like a much more selfish purchase, which I am not super keen on. The BW can at least be presented as a family car. With 2 middle school aged kids, backseats and a trunk are useful.

If the decision was forced today, BW.
The Corvette hatch is a great place to put two kids. You could probably fit 3 of em!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back