Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Buyback experience

Scaroline

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
If anyone has had any experiences with Cadillac/GM buying the car back please let me know how it went. I initiated a buyback process about 3/4 weeks ago (car has 1600 miles as of today) because the transmission wouldn't shift well and was probably the worst one I've driven. I was told it would take about a week for them to let me know whether they would buy the car. After a couple weeks I called cadillac customer service and asked if there is anyone at the dealership that I can call specifically to follow up on this since they said the request is being processed at the dealership and that is what's taking so long. I called on 5 different occasions and left 3 voicemails but I didn't get any response yet. Is this absurdly frustrating processes something that is common for all repurchasing requests?

Sorry to hear of your problems. Lemon laws vary between states, but it sounds like you are trying the buyback first, which the manufacturers prefer anyway since it doesn't brand the car title. In my experience, this is all done by the manufacturer, not the dealer. I suspect that they want to try and fix the car first - have you gone through that with the service department?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back