Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Buy used or gamble with order?-Ct5

ontheway

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct5 blackwing
Have an order in for a 2023. Just about a month. In 1100. Number one on allocation list. Local dealer no mark up but isnt the biggest dealer and got a handful for 2022

Have a used 2022 almost exact match with 500 miles available out of state. Prices are comparable. What would you do?

Why chance it? Take what you can get now. The price increase of 2023 kind of negates the 2022 likely being over msrp. If it's a 5 its a no brainer to take the leap now imo. If its a 4 then I'd likely get what I want without compromising

I am going to press
The dealer tomorrow for exact number on the 5’s they were allocated
Also have a list of questions for the out of state used dealer.

Video call them from that dealer and see what they say 😉
Time waits for no one. 2-3 months sure take the new car. Passed that? IDK do you want a 9-12 month goat rodeo adventure? I'd go used if it's what you want spec wise.

I say do both! Get the used now and when/if the 2023 shows up you can decide what to do. If you pass, the dealer will have no problem selling it (and can probably make more money reselling your used 2022 or a barely used 2023 if you drive it awhile.)

What’s the name of the dealer. I can tell you how many they got

What’s the name of the dealer. I can tell you how many they got
Rick Hendricks Cadillac in Virginia.

I saw the list in another thread showing 1. When I placed the order they stated they had 6 this year. I was planning on asking more detailed questions

reg.png

Registry on this site suggests they got one 5BW - Rob has said he is behind, but I doubt they magically got five more at the end of the year. I would vote buy the used car, or the "both" option as suggested by @rdollie.

edit - there are 3 other Hendrick branded dealers in the registry - so I could be picking the wrong one - this was the only one with the name "Rick Hendrick". "HENDRICK BUICK GMC CADILLAC" for example got at least 5.

I say do both! Get the used now and when/if the 2023 shows up you can decide what to do. If you pass, the dealer will have no problem selling it (and can probably make more money reselling your used 2022 or a barely used 2023 if you drive it awhile.)
That's what I'm doing.

View attachment 12574
Registry on this site suggests they got one 5BW - Rob has said he is behind, but I doubt they magically got five more at the end of the year. I would vote buy the used car, or the "both" option as suggested by @rdollie.

edit - there are 3 other Hendrick branded dealers in the registry - so I could be picking the wrong one - this was the only one with the name "Rick Hendrick". "HENDRICK BUICK GMC CADILLAC" for example got at least 5.
I’ll update once I speak to them. Thank you

I know it's early in the model year, but so far I don't see GM setting the world on fire yet with 2023 production. I agree with above, take the preowned if it checks the boxes. A 2023 will run no less than $7500 more, and up to $10K. If and when the 2023 shows, go from there.

Considering the hell it is trying to get one up here in Canada id get used if the price was similar, unfortunately thats not the case.

I'd love to get a used one for a similar price to new without waiting months or years.

If they’re asking a reasonable price I’d be surprised if it isn’t sold already.
x2

Was even surprised to read a used one was available

If its the spec you want and it does appear to have been abused in that first 500 miles, sure why not? i don't know if you're financing or not but it may come down to loan to value, banks have started shutting down that 120% loan to value Caddy.....ur ah I mean candy dispensing in the last month or so. Otherwise, get the used on gently enjoy it and when your 2023 order ever arrives make a decision then,

Currently in a race to beat out another buyer! I think I’m behind. Sales rep didn’t know about the other!

There doesn't appear to be a shortage of available BW5s for sale used. I see 47 available nationally right now and prices have come down quite a bit on the used ones the past few months (10-15k). I think getting a well equipped 22' used for around the MSRP of a 23' new should be doable even if you miss out on the one you're interested in now. There doesn't seem to be a big price spread on the used market between low and high option spec cars so I'd say a loaded used BW5 is a better choice than a low spec used one is if you're contemplating buying used for immediate gratification.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back