Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Burnoff at CT4VBW Engine Start?

Tabman

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
Hello, All.

Is anyone else experiencing significant burnoff at engine start??

It seems to happen if I started the vehicle and quickly turn it off (for example, if I started it to move it quickly to another spot); which I know is a no-no. The next start produces enough white smoke to fill a small garage.

Thought it was cold weather months and condensation, but happening at 90 degrees outside caused me to seek assistance from the gurus here.

Coolant is fine, no overheating, smoke stops within 5 seconds of turning it over. No standing pools or stain evidence of any fluid leaks.

Never seen this before - any thoughts or suggestions, please? Overreacting?

Thank you.

I had something very similar with my '16 ATS-V. Would fill up my big garage with white smoke. Dealer could never figure it out. Finally I found some service bulletin regarding some kind of contamination that got into a batch of heads that would cause a lot of smoke. Ended up having to replace my motor completely.

Now before you freak out, it was allegedly limited to '16 and '17MY and has since been corrected. However, look through the following thread because this is where I first saw it all documented and I think the service bulletin is in this thread too.

What is the smell ? Like the boilers first light up after a long non-usage ? or oil, coolant ,automotive stuff. ??
Smells like oil burnoff... but that wouldn't stop if it was right?

I had something very similar with my '16 ATS-V. Would fill up my big garage with white smoke. Dealer could never figure it out. Finally I found some service bulletin regarding some kind of contamination that got into a batch of heads that would cause a lot of smoke. Ended up having to replace my motor completely.

Now before you freak out, it was allegedly limited to '16 and '17MY and has since been corrected. However, look through the following thread because this is where I first saw it all documented and I think the service bulletin is in this thread too.

Thank you for the lead... I'll do some research. Much appreciated.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back