Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

(Update) Need Advice, CT4 BW auto transmission issues at 1k miles.

Synapses1031

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
Update: 08/03
GM is advising to have the valve body replaced. Obviously that part isn’t in stock anywhere in the entire country outside of the assembly line currently. So eta on a fix is god only knows when. Until then I get to drive around a POS 2017 CTS. Since I live in Georgia, my 30 day lemon law countdown started yesterday. Anyone have any luck dealing with Cadillac customer care directly?

Original post on 08/02
Looking for any advice on the best way to proceed with an issue I am having with the CT4 V BW with only 1100 miles on it ( 32 days since purchase).

I've been very easy on the car over the month of ownership. No hard pulls or launching the car from a stop. And it's been a great car that I really enjoy driving.

Starting this morning (08/02/22) a check engine light appeared when I started up the car after sitting in my garage overnight. Found this very concerning and immediately took it in for service. No issues driving but I did baby it and made sure to stay under 3k rpm just in case.

The tech's notes state the following.

"1066 scanned a P0700 and P281D shift solenoid 2 circuit low that passed it's last test but the mil was on. Inspect wiring to the trans and all looked ok. Code states an electrical concerns exists not related to fluid level or condition. Clear the code and let the vehicle power down for 10 minutes with the fob removed per GM recommendations. Start vehicle and the code did not come back. Test drove the vehicle for 10 miles to simulate the conditions under which the DTC set. Re-scan after test drive and no codes came back. The fault is not current. There are no bulletins related to the code other than making sure the ignition is off for at least 10 minutes to properly clean the code. If the same code sets again, the vehicle will need to be dropped off for extensive transmission diagnosis. (Pan removal and internal trans component testing)"

I drove the car home without issue and without the check engine light coming back on. Parked car in garage for 6ish hours and went back out to go to the store to find the check engine light is back on.

This feels like a significant issue or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? Is there any additional steps I should have them perform or look at? Did I buy a lemon :(

Please help.

Last edited:
Understand the concern but I wouldn't worry about having a lemon - yet. Let's see if they can find a readily addressable issue and a cause you feel isn't repeatable. Hopefully that's all it takes...else you start to worrying 😟

Understand the concern but I wouldn't worry about having a lemon - yet. Let's see if they can find a readily addressable issue and a cause you feel isn't repeatable. Hopefully that's all it takes...else you start to worrying 😟
Should I be concerned with them causing more harm than good with wanting to do the extensive testing. I enjoy cars but have never gone beyond just driving them. All my previous vehicles ran like champs for 100k plus without the need of "extensive transmission diagnosis".

Should I be concerned with them causing more harm than good with wanting to do the extensive testing. I enjoy cars but have never gone beyond just driving them. All my previous vehicles ran like champs for 100k plus without the need of "extensive transmission diagnosis".
It's unfortunate it happens to anyone. On the one hand, it's not a wide-spread issue or anything I've read about from other owners - could be good so long as they can quickly figure it out. If it turns out to be involved and requires multiple trips to the dealer and days without the car - document it all and insure you know the standard and time limit for a lemon law claim on your state.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is readily addressable.

Last edited:
Are there any drivability issues at all? If not, it is probably just a sensor or wiring and hopefully will not be too invasive to fix.

Are there any drivability issues at all? If not, it is probably just a sensor or wiring and hopefully will not be too invasive to fix.
Drove it into the shop this morning and did start to notice hesitation and juttering during shifts at the lower gears and lower rpm. They are going to drop the pan today and see if anything stands out as a problem.

Start your journal now. Keep notes on who you talked to, what they said, service appointments, how long they kept the car, etc
This is the fuel you will need if you have to proceed with a lemon law claim.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back