Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bronze Wheels with Bronze Calipers?

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
Anyone ordered Bronze wheels with Bronze Calipers? I have that in my CT5-V build with Shadow Gray Metallic. Wonder if it will blend too much into each other. Thinking of changing to Blue or Red calipers. Pictures below from a CT4-V for reference.

20210825_165924.jpg
20210825_164555.jpg

I love me some bronze, but if I got bronze wheels I would want black calipers, anything but bronze.

I don’t think it looks bad, quite nice actually, but I’d probably pick a contrasting color for fun.

I'm a bit biased since I generally don't care for bronze wheels--a little too boy racer for me--so take this with a grain of salt... but my car is Shadow Metallic, and I really don't think bronze would work well with it, even if I did like it. Yes, the color is dark gray, but it carries undertones of blue and green and shifts a lot in different lighting conditions. I absolutely love the color--more than I thought I would, actually--but I just don't see it playing nicely with bronze. If you're committed to the bronze wheels, I'd probably either go with Satin Steel or Black Raven. And you definitely need contrast with the calipers. Black Raven with bronze wheels and red calipers would probably look pretty awesome.

I'm a bit biased since I generally don't care for bronze wheels--a little too boy racer for me--so take this with a grain of salt... but my car is Shadow Metallic, and I really don't think bronze would work well with it, even if I did like it. Yes, the color is dark gray, but it carries undertones of blue and green and shifts a lot in different lighting conditions. I absolutely love the color--more than I thought I would, actually--but I just don't see it playing nicely with bronze. If you're committed to the bronze wheels, I'd probably either go with Satin Steel or Black Raven. And you definitely need contrast with the calipers. Black Raven with bronze wheels and red calipers would probably look pretty awesome.
What wheels and calipers did you go with? Have pics? I figured Bronze would go with a darker color.

This is a great looking Shadow Metalic, with Satin Graphite wheels and Bronze calipers.

Yeah I saw that video .. that color has depth and pops in the sun. I am just hesitant about going too dark on the wheels...difficult to see how dark those wheels are.

Last edited:
Wow! That really pops!
Thanks! It really turned out well. I've got the Sky Cool Gray interior with the red seat belts as well, so it looks pretty sharp.

Emerald Frost with bronze would look awesome, but the maintenance on the matte paint is tough. I'm not sure what the best option for calipers would be there... Red could work. I think blue and silver would clash. In that case, bronze on bronze might actually be the best bet--there's enough visual interest with the rest of the car that the calipers don't really need to pop.

After looking at some of the photos here I am thinking of switching to std wheels and red calipers, and switch interior from black/tan to sky cool gray/black with red piping and seat belts. I felt the std wheels looked too "base" but it looks classy in the picture @mkrup posted above. The CT5 V bw wheels have a slightly different design though. I am also concerned about the sky cool gray areas on the seat getting dirty.

After looking at some of the photos here I am thinking of switching to std wheels and red calipers, and switch interior from black/tan to sky cool gray/black with red piping and seat belts. I felt the std wheels looked too "base" but it looks classy in the picture @mkrup posted above. I am also concerned about the sky cool gray areas on the seat getting dirty.
It really does look awesome in person. If you do the Sky Cool Gray interior, you should definitely get the interior ceramic coating done as well. I already had an issue that I thought for sure was going to stain them, but I brought it back to the detailer and they were able to get it right out without issue (apparently the secret is a Mr. Clean sponge and a mixture of water and general purpose cleaner--go figure). Well worth the money.

Anyone have a part number for the bronze wheels on their own? My car is coming with the standard wheels and I can't change it at this point, but I am considering buying the bronze wheels to use with summer tires.

Also would love to see a pic with Black Raven and those wheels; think that would really look good w/ the black paint color.

Anyone have a part number for the bronze wheels on their own? My car is coming with the standard wheels and I can't change it at this point, but I am considering buying the bronze wheels to use with summer tires.

Also would love to see a pic with Black Raven and those wheels; think that would really look good w/ the black paint color.
If you find out please message me. I also am going to buy a set of the tech bronze. I have reached out to Meagan. Hopefully we get an answer.

If you find out please message me. I also am going to buy a set of the tech bronze. I have reached out to Meagan. Hopefully we get an answer.
Will do! I mentioned it on a call with my dealer this morning so they are going to look into it as well.

It really does look awesome in person. If you do the Sky Cool Gray interior, you should definitely get the interior ceramic coating done as well. I already had an issue that I thought for sure was going to stain them, but I brought it back to the detailer and they were able to get it right out without issue (apparently the secret is a Mr. Clean sponge and a mixture of water and general purpose cleaner--go figure). Well worth the money.
That’s the one thing I forgot to talk to my detailer about, interior protection. Wasn’t sure exactly what it is they do with the seats that would even be worthwhile protection

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back