Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake pads what’s the part?

We just need to figure out what the pad shape is, (I'm sure it's a standard) and you can order your Brembo, Ferodo, Pagid, Hawk, etc, in whatever compound you want, but $600/axle is not crazy for track pads.
The carbotech xp10s I’ve been using on my infinti are less than 1/3 of that at only $178 and they’re 4 piston sport calipers

The carbotech xp10s I’ve been using on my infinti are less than 1/3 of that at only $178 and they’re 4 piston sport calipers
For comparison, I have run Ferodo DS1.11 pads (Brembo M shape) in my Golf R (6 piston calipers) and they were $550 for the fronts. This is the compound I will run on the BW as long as it's available.

Parked it yesterday with 498 miles on the clock. I've washed it a couple of times already but you'd never know it by looking at the wheels. Holy brake dust from the OEM pads. There's got to be a better option..

Parked it yesterday with 498 miles on the clock. I've washed it a couple of times already but you'd never know it by looking at the wheels. Holy brake dust from the OEM pads. There's got to be a better option..
There are always more options. You can have performance, or low dust, but not both.

do you want performance, dust, or a non outrageous price? with brakes you get to pick 2. if performance/dust is the choice then OEM pads it is. If performance and outrageous price is fine b/c you want no dust then you should have gone with CCB. If non outrageous price and no dust is what you want you're going to sacrifice performance.

I pretty much drive it to the grocery store and back so performance is only so much of a concern. If a track day were to present itself, its an easy change.

I pretty much drive it to the grocery store and back so performance is only so much of a concern. If a track day were to present itself, its an easy change.
when (or if) carbotechs become available for these brakes (or g-loc as they're basically the same) they'd be great for a situation like this. You can also contact them directly and ask that they make you a set I believe if you send in a brake backing plate. Their brakes are compatible compounds so you can switch between the 1521 street pads and any of their race pads (I used XP10 in front and XP8 in back. With the BW probably XP12 in front and 10 in back would make sense as the car is heavier) without having to rebed or resurface the rotors. The street pads are lower dust and stop just fine for daily use. The track pads make a ton of dust and noise, but have a crapload more stopping power and heat limit. At least for the last gen CTS-V 6 piston brakes they were under $200 for the front pads for either the track pad or street pad.

Back in the day my Evo was really bad with dust. Changed to a Hawk HPS and kept the same pedal feel but without the dust. They also made an HP+ but needed time to warm up on the track. Once hot they were great. A small loss in performance is likely not going to be noticeable for the grocery go getter.

We just need to figure out what the pad shape is, (I'm sure it's a standard) and you can order your Brembo, Ferodo, Pagid, Hawk, etc, in whatever compound you want, but $600/axle is not crazy for track pads.
Ken over at KNS brakes is working on some Blackwing packages last I heard including a Girodisc CCB to steel conversion kit. I went through him for all my Camaro brake parts with great success and solid prices/shipping times. I really loved DBA slotted rotors and Hawk DTC70s on my prior car.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread, the amount of brake dust is INSANE! When I had my miata I swapped in some ceramic pads and the reduction in dust was significant, hoping for a similar option for the 4BW in the future.

Ken over at KNS brakes is working on some Blackwing packages last I heard including a Girodisc CCB to steel conversion kit. I went through him for all my Camaro brake parts with great success and solid prices/shipping times. I really loved DBA slotted rotors and Hawk DTC70s on my prior car.
That could be a really bad idea. According to Mirza the magride programming for the suspension is different between the steel & ccb to compensate for the difference in unsprung weight. Changing from ccb to steel would throw that way off

Anyone hearing any rumors about brake pad alternatives for the CT4 yet?

I'm seriously getting tired of needing to clean my wheels every other day.

Anyone hearing any rumors about brake pad alternatives for the CT4 yet?

I'm seriously getting tired of needing to clean my wheels every other day.
I actually sent an inquiry to Hawk through their website earlier asking if they planned on making something for the 4BW.

You aren't kidding, either, my wheels were straight brown in less than 3 days.

That could be a really bad idea. According to Mirza the magride programming for the suspension is different between the steel & ccb to compensate for the difference in unsprung weight. Changing from ccb to steel would throw that way off
Yeah I certainly don’t want to be the Guinea pig, just sharing what I heard lol. Spoke with a couple friends on the blackwing team regarding this and they didn’t love the idea either. I just can’t wrap my head around the fact Porsche/mclaren can go from carbon to steel yet a Cadillac is where there will be an issue.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back