Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blendmount and mirror tap?

CT5-V Model

Andi

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
Do we know yet which blendmount and mirror tap work on the 5?

Thanks! cheers,
Andi

7/19 crewmember eagerly awaiting a vin and a car 🚗:)

On their website figment guide under ‘22 model year no Cadillacs were listed. I spoke with a customer service rep. by phone and based on his recommendation ordered the BR7-2001R radar detector mount specifically for the Uniden R7. I ordered the MTX-1015 mirror tap, again based on input from customer service. My assumption is that the Blackwing will not have a unique rear view mirror stalk/mount, otherwise I may have ordered the wrong one.

I’m hoping I can find info. somewhere regarding the color wires to use when installing the mirror tap, as voltmeters are my kryptonite. I obviously only want power to the detector when the ignition is ON.

Wasn't sure if I should post this under this heading or What I did to my BW today!
20220719_185213.jpg
20220719_185332.jpg
20220719_192524.jpg
20220719_214420.jpg

Wasn't sure if I should post this under this heading or What I did to my BW today!
View attachment 10709View attachment 10710View attachment 10711View attachment 10712
How do you like the RL 360C? Mine just came in last night, go on vaca tomorrow with family so I figured I'd give it a test run before the BW shows up. I paired it up, etc., and was blown away on how much shit this has in settings... LOL Think I'll just leave it in Auto and see how she does. Thanks

How do you like the RL 360C? Mine just came in last night, go on vaca tomorrow with family so I figured I'd give it a test run before the BW shows up. I paired it up, etc., and was blown away on how much shit this has in settings... LOL Think I'll just leave it in Auto and see how she does. Thanks
I like it better than my iXC... less false alarms... and I even have our on the most sensitive settings (I did activate every radar option as I live in Jersey where they use basically anything/everything to get you). Overall easy to use (similar menu style as iXC)... but I still need to take some screen shots and find out what everything means by looking at online manual when I get a chance. Definitely glad I got it!

I like it better than my iXC... less false alarms... and I even have our on the most sensitive settings (I did activate every radar option as I live in Jersey where they use basically anything/everything to get you). Overall easy to use (similar menu style as iXC)... but I still need to take some screen shots and find out what everything means by looking at online manual when I get a chance. Definitely glad I got it!
Yeah, I also turned everything on as I'm not sure what CT & MA run while going up to Lake George. I know the NYS Troupers shoot lots of laser. Should be a good test run. Thanks

We're going up to Lake George in 2 weeks as we go up for a week every summer. This will be our 13th year. Always take the Taconic Parkway. Can't wait to run through those twistes in the Putnam area with the BW for the first time this year.

Vortex Radar is a good resource for explanations of settings. Scroll down to the bottom and there are recommendations for settings.

I didn't realize there was such a thorough review onilne. I'm going to be tweaking my settings now. Thank you.

I just used the Gen5diy harness to get power for my detector. It's super nice and plug n play. They didn't have our cars listed so I contacted them to be sure.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back