Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings and Watches

Sounds like your stroke is much longer than mine.
No different than someone buying a larger house than they need. Or a Blackwing instead of a base CT4/5, or a Nissan Versa.

Isn't this whole forum about measuring what you have? Pot meet kettle.

Different strokes.

The main difference between a nice mechanical watch and an Apple Watch is that in 2 years one will be in a landfill and the other will be on a wrist and maintain its value. ;)
Another main difference is the history of the watch makers and the watches. Some of these companies have been making watches for 175 years. That’s hard to fathom in today’s world where companies come and go in an instant. It’s fairly likely Apple will not be around in 100 years.

Isn't this whole forum about measuring what you have?
If that's really your reason for being here....ummm ok.

Carli Lloyd Cringe GIF by Houston Dash

If that's really your reason for being here....ummm ok.

Carli Lloyd Cringe GIF by Houston Dash
It’s a car forum, why is anyone here? You are in here talking about your gumball machine watch and we are all talking about cars that are unnecessary luxuries.

Sorry I had to spell your hypocrisy out for you…

It’s a car forum, why is anyone here? You are in here talking about your gumball machine watch and we are all talking about cars that are unnecessary luxuries.

Sorry I had to spell your hypocrisy out for you…
I'm here to learn more about my Blackwing and to discuss issues, likes, dislikes, etc. Anyone here to make themselves feel special that they have a Blackwing should take it to another forum where they don't have Blackwings and brag about how awesome you are over there as you are in the company of your peers here.

I have a few mechanical watches, but I've been wearing Apple watches for years now (including my current Ultra) due to their functional abilities that make my job/life easier. My mechanical watches sadly sit in my safe collecting dust. They are nice though.

I'm here to learn more about my Blackwing and to discuss issues, likes, dislikes, etc. Anyone here to make themselves feel special that they have a Blackwing should take it to another forum where they don't have Blackwings and brag about how awesome you are over there as you are in the company of your peers here.

I have a few mechanical watches, but I've been wearing Apple watches for years now (including my current Ultra) due to their functional abilities that make my job/life easier. My mechanical watches sadly sit in my safe collecting dust. They are nice though.
YOUR BUBBLEGUM WATCH WILL BE IN A LANDFILL IN TWO YEARS MARK MY WORDS

Well shit, we might as well close this fucker down! We never can have any fun here.. Let me go back to the thread about not getting my Blackwing badge!

That really is where we should all be focusing our energy. Not getting my Blackwing badge yet has my life in disarray. I am having a hard time sleeping, I'm more grumpy around the house and at work, and I'm comfort eating more with junk food. I'm in a downward spiral. I need that badge to come soon before I gain 50lbs and my wife kicks me out of the house.

I started the thread. There was 0 intention of anything beyond Blackwing owners who also share a passion for watches to have 1 thread to engage. Nobody is bragging.

Sorry for those who seem to feel inadequate or take offense to discussing a related passion here. Many car enthusiasts are into watches, and I thought it might be a fun thread.

I started the thread. There was 0 intention of anything beyond Blackwing owners who also share a passion for watches to have 1 thread to engage. Nobody is bragging.

Sorry for those who seem to feel inadequate or take offense to discussing a related passion here. Many car enthusiasts are into watches, and I thought it might be a fun thread.
I love watches I have spent more on watches then my blackwing its a hobby of mine.

70D2103F-A9EC-42F3-BB42-5F8057599F4F.jpeg

I took this pic as a goof a few years ago in my V3. Been wearing Swatches since the 80s. I don’t really wear this one much, I have a Shinola for a daily. I had a Monaco but I sold it. A Milgauss is my grail watch.

As @Tall Steve recently said, I’d like to start a collection to give to my son someday. I almost got an automatic Seiko for Xmas but I got some CF mirror caps instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would have posted some of mine but I've been driving the GTI and I did not want to pollute the thread with a pic of a VW steering wheel :rolleyes:
🤣

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners