Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Track Edition debuting this weekend???

IMG_20180601_142413.jpg
IMG_20180601_153429.jpg

@arod221 brought up a good point when we just talked about this. There is a precedent in the previous Championship Edition which unfortunately was cosmetic with no real performance improvements. I’m now less interested however, I’ve already put out feelers and will wait for the specs to be released.

Saw these at the Cadillac driving experience a few years ago.

I have 18" Cup2s on the BMW, 295s rear, 245s front.

The PS4s are bespoke to GM, TPC spec. So they sure as hell could do GM specified sizes for the Cup2.
They dont make any 18" tires in the standard cup 2s anymore except a 245 front. When you wear out those tires on that BMW you're going to be mixing and matching because they don't make a 245 front in the cup 2 connect.

In regards to the ps4s, GM made changes to a tire size Michelin already sells. I don't think that's the same thing as what you're implying especially considering this is would be a super limited vehicle.

They dont make any 18" tires in the standard cup 2s anymore except a 245 front. When you wear out those tires on that BMW you're going to be mixing and matching because they don't make a 245 front in the cup 2 connect.

In regards to the ps4s, GM made changes to a tire size Michelin already sells. I don't think that's the same thing as what you're implying especially considering this is would be a super limited vehicle.
I won't be doing Cup2s again as light rain on the highway is a bit puckery.

And we'll see soon enough. The BlackWings tires are a mix of Cup2 and PS4. I don't think that's done for another manufacturer.

And we'll see soon enough. The BlackWings tires are a mix of Cup2 and PS4. I don't think that's done for another manufacturer.
Yeah i wouldnt think it would be out of the question for Michelin to design a cup 2 specific for This car assuming GM pays for it. The possibility of getting that tire later though would likely be extremely slim

It's done for BMW, Mercedes and GM for the C8. BMW was the 1st back in the early 2000's.

It's done for BMW, Mercedes and GM for the C8. BMW was the 1st back in the early 2000's.
I know it's been done, a bespoke tire. But that exact mix of tires, I don't think has been done before.

Good luck with that, seeing how a CT5-V Blackwing is 6 tenths slower than an M4 Comp xDrive in both the quarter and to 60, according to C&D. I guess a regular M4 Comp would be about the same.
Thats all based on launch traction though. I like the Lightning Laps times to give the full picture.

Good luck with that, seeing how a CT5-V Blackwing is 6 tenths slower than an M4 Comp xDrive in both the quarter and to 60, according to C&D. I guess a regular M4 Comp would be about the same.
That sounds like point and shoot dragging to me, not actual performance. If that's what you're into, you're better off in an EV, or a Mopar with a lot of mods. If you care about handling, road feel, a connection with what the car does in response to what you command, etc.. then the Blackwings are still better than the Ms in my experience. If I were into 0-60 stop light rallies, I'd buy a quad motor EV of some sort.

That sounds like point and shoot dragging to me, not actual performance. If that's what you're into, you're better off in an EV, or a Mopar with a lot of mods. If you care about handling, road feel, a connection with what the car does in response to what you command, etc.. then the Blackwings are still better than the Ms in my experience. If I were into 0-60 stop light rallies, I'd buy a quad motor EV of some sort.
Merely pointing out you are going to need a lot more than stickers to make a CT4-V Blackwing "obliterate" an M4 Comp. I bought a CT4-V Blackwing, I can care less about racing anyone on the street. And I went manual, so there is the connection with the car :)

Merely pointing out you are going to need a lot more than stickers to make a CT4-V Blackwing "obliterate" an M4 Comp. I bought a CT4-V Blackwing, I can care less about racing anyone on the street. And I went manual, so there is the connection with the car :)
Just imagine if they put the NA V8 from the base C8 in the 4 and the NA V8 from Z06 in the 5 (would sound odd coming from a sedan.)

hope this is real, would love to see some even more hardcore versions of the blackwings.
It's real. It's debuting tomorrow as the Pace Car at Watkins Glen. What we don't know is what it entails. Is it a cosmetic package or, will there be any real performance improvements.

The Cup2/PS4S blend first appeared on the BMW M3.

Didn't the G80 debut in '21? Development might have been at the same time as the BlackWings.

Anybody hear anything? I figured we’d hear something today from the Watkins Glen IMSA weekend.
I heard something from Mirza this morning lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back